2018 ORFFF Pre and Post MSD Trade Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Jun 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Exactly, that laird trade I felt one sided due to the value I place on him. But as Len said, everyone has different values on players and trades.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

I believe that this trade is unbalanced in favour of the Noahs @That KI Guy

Please note this is view based on the worth of 24yo Rory Laird as a 100-110 average defender (plus Greenwood) relative to the players and picks going the other way in the deal. I have read and understand @Bearfly's reasoning posted above and don't doubt he is happy with the deal.

Per ORFFF rule 4f I cast a veto on the above trade.

• Like Like x 2
  3. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Whilst I think the Noah's got the slightly better end of the deal I think it's not veto worthy.

Also as someone who has been trying to trade in young talent and picks over the last while I think everyone should just remember what their own asking price for young, mostly unproven kids and especially a 1st rnd PSD pick is. Most coaches ask the farm for it and the first time someone gets a serious package done its a problem?

Just my opinion, as said very well earlier by @Len trade values are mostly bullshit anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  4. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Boozers are after a starting midfielder.

Players up for trade include;
    Heath Shaw
    Matt Suckling
    Matt Guelfi
    Jamie Cripps
    Jackson Trengove
    Steven Motlop

• Like Like x 3
  5. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

On the Laird trade, I just traded away shitloads for Laird in the FA, but FWIW I still reckon this trade of Bearfly’s is fair enough.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheTassieHawk

I am currently holding the 29ers 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th round PSD picks as well as the Whales 4th and 5th PSD picks

If you are are likely to be a bottom 6 side and want to trade your teams early 3rd, 5th and 6th round PSD picks for the 29ers 3rd, Whales 4th and 29ers 4th let me know. Similarly if your team are likely to finish 5th-10th and you want to trade your teams mid 3rd and 6th round PSD picks for the Whales 4th and 29ers 4th again let me know.

Finally if you are likely to have a top 4 team and you want to trade your late 3rd and 6th round PSD picks for the Whales 4th and 5th rounders get in touch to talk turkey.

Otherwise we are looking to trade in a high 80s forward of any age or a high 80s defender under 27 and would look at trading the likes of Hardwick, Clark, Gallucci and/or our first rounder if the right deal is presented prior to the trade deadline.

Cheers TTH

7. anthak

Less than 24 hours to go.

I could do with another midfielder or forward, and I’d be willing to trade Jeremy McGovern if the deal is ok.

8. TheTassieHawk

45 mins to go, if anyone feels like dangling an 85 plus average forward and seeing what I think they are worth pm me in the next 30 minutes

any age considered but the higher the average and lower the age then higher the price I will start with in a quick negotiation

cheers
    TTH

fwds.png

9. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Hey y’all, were kicking back into gear on Thurs night so just a reminder to amend your lists post draft/trade and get a squad entered.

10. anthak

Make sure to “clear team” and start again