2018 ORFFL MSD Draft

Discussion in 'ORFFL' started by port_leschenault, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Iain

Iain Moderator Staff Member

I am talking e-mail notifications only however, not on the site itself.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

There may be a filtering issue, or a preferences issue in play.
    Tagging should work on a singular basis, potential blockers are spam/junk filters being applied, inadvertent blocking via site preferences and a few others I can't recall off the top of my head.
    Emailing again should always work with the same limitations, BUT, only one email per thread will be sent until you revisit that thread on the site, so if you visit a thread at 9am and a new posting is made at 10am followed by another 7 up until 9pm you will receive an email from the 10am post but no further email notifications unless you revisit the thread. Once you do you will be again notified of the next post only. At least that's the way it's designed to work.

3. Len

Yup onsite alerts are all configurable in Alert preferences so we probably all see different things there

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Have to agree with Iain here - I get notification emails about comments but not when I'm tagged.
    Just glad that @That KI Guy shoots through a text to me when I'm up for my pick

5. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Actually this makes sense to me. I got one notice this morning, cam here and there were mulyiple new posts. Last night when I was visiting quite frequently I got notified of every new post - they were quite regularly spaced,

Is it possible that the notification system differs according to status? Do mods get less or more?

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

This one I think I know what is happening. You get an email that there are new posts, but until you visit the page you won't get any further emails of subsequent new posts.

When you were checking the page frequently yesterday, that is why you got so many more emails notifying of new comments.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Len

For reasons other than the draft, does anyone know for sure if Les is ok or not?

• Like Like x 1
  8. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Given we only have 10 or so picks left did we want to pause the draft for a bit to see if Walesy comes back, or full steam ahead as normal?

9. Len

I'm happy to wait for a bit, it's not as though we are anticipating a hyped trade period, given how long some gaps are between picks we probably can't pause for too long without risking not completing

10. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

I am happy to go with the consensus. Three of the last picks are mine and I have a pretty clear idea of what I am going to do. Besides, seeing some more of potential draft picks cannot hurt.

11. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

Might be useful to take this time to have a discussion of if we want to do live trading of picks whilst draft is going on. It has been discussed in past but nothing got resolved. Any ideas on how this could work. The idea of it sounds good. Not sure if other Orff leagues do this.

12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Walesy's being ok is #1 priority however I do think we need to keep this draft going, we are really lagging with selections and would be nowhere near completion without the 12hr deadline. I don't think we are in danger of a Wednesday/Thursday finish but we do need to ensure we wrap it up.

13. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I'm with p_l

If we didn't pause the draft earlier, I don't see why now is the time to take an extended break?

I hope @walesy is on the mend

14. Len

Should we force pick now who would it be mate?
    Totally your guys call, if it's a consensus decent pick I am all for moving fwd (someone who knows his list may even pull a better proxy pick?)
    Just that with all the guy does for us I'd hate for him to be seriously disadvantaged when clearly he is under duress.
    I'm happy to look at his list if noone else does, could pick in 30 minutes after the "go ahead"

15. Len

fwiw I'd pick De Boer for him, he has stuff all fwds and almost the same with rucks, but there are useful fwds in the draft and not so many rucks for a guy playing for this year

16. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Pretty sure it's Matt De Boer whose last score was a 131. So it's no Tutt. We can't hold it up too long waiting tomorrow anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Len

We must have posted at the same time, it's clearly who I'd pick for him

18. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

I'm happy for Len to pick for walesy personally so give my vote for that but understand if it's felt same rules need to apply for all. Think we need to keep draft moving though and decision needs to be made .

19. EddieV

EddieV Active Member

I think I posted at same time also. Let's go with Deboer then and move on.
    @Lucas

20. stripey

stripey Well-Known Member

I’m all for De Boer to MDB unless of course someone further in the draft really wanted him... I’m all done for the draft so really I’m in the camp of do whatever you please