2018 Pre-Season Trade Discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Fitzy, Jan 5, 2018.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

If you are trading them to me, the rule is that I'll accept any or all of them :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Best 15 ruckman are a precious commodity in keeper leagues...

And on that note I'm encouraging coaches to come to me regarding Stefan Martin

Not sold enough on trading him that I'd put him up for auction yet as he is still a key player in the Vultures lineup, but I'm certainly considering and will welcome discussions. Basically what I'd want in return is a younger, developing type ruck as well as a player who can fit into my best 15. Will consider PSD picks if I think the pick is good enough for me to get a player who can have a reasonable impact in his first year.

Martin has 2 years left on his contract and could play longer as his form is still extremely good, Brisbane also don't have a young ruck who seems close to stepping up to the no.1 mantle yet.

Under new coach Fagan, Martin is clearly not on the downhill, playing all 22 games and averaging 98, up on his 2015 average, and has been one of the premier ruckman in fantasy football for years.

If you want to lay an offer that doesn't fit my description here still feel free to come on by and we can see how things pan out.

Cheers, Fitzy

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  3. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Aaron Hall is no longer on the market. Slides back into the best 15 at M4 and looking delighted to be back amongst his mates. There must be some very strong squads out there in ORFFA land when a top 50 mid does not attract even one nibble.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

On the contrary, it's probably more a case of people can't offer anything of value that doesn't cripple their own side.

• Like Like x 5
  5. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

An interesting perspective CR and one that I had not considered. May well be the case!

6. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga Trade Table

It's been a trademark extended holidays for the Wombats, but the time has come to hit the straps and assess the list.

I'm not going to go through each player and decide whether they are up for trade or not. Every player is a possibility to be traded given the right price. Obviously some come at a much higher price than others.

Current team (with age/2017 average in brackets)

Def: Houli (29/94), Mayes (23/80), Macmillan (26/70), Barrass (22/71), S.D.Thompson (31/70), Plowman (23/65), Hardwick (20/64), C.Cox (20/46), Ridley (19/0), Cumming (19/0)

Mid: Oliver (20/112), Gibbs (28/102), Shiel (24/98), D.Swallow (25/85), Setterfield (19/45) (M/F), Finlayson (21/19) (D/M)

Ruc: K.Tippett (30/67), Lycett (25/63)

Fwd: Jenkins (28/79), Picken (31/75), Sicily (23/73), J.Cripps (25/65), Crozier (24/62), Impey (22/61), C.Ah Chee (20/53), Long (20/38), Ahern (21/0)

Overall I have a reasonably young list, with 8 players 20 years old or younger, which suits where I think my team is focused on, which is the long-term rather than short-term. I don't think this list is capable of winning a premiership for at least 2 years.

Therefore, the overall strategy of my trading/list management is to bring in youth as well as gain high draft picks, to continue to look towards the future.

However, in terms of short-term list management, I think it is my forward line that needs stability by bringing in at least 1 player with proven good quality scoring history (somewhere in the 85-100ave mark). Jenkins and Picken are only moderate-decent scorers and are entering the later stages of their career. Bringing in a proven forward will help keep the forward line together going forward.

Another glaring issue is the lack of midfielders I currently own. I'll be looking to recruit a minimum of 2 solid midfielders to help add depth to my starting 4 in Oliver, Gibbs, Shiel and D.Swallow.

Those are my targets this trade period. Feel free to message me about any players you are interested in.

Cheers, Lenny :)

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

With Kurt Tippett's retirement, this trade has become somewhat better for the recipient of the two Sydney ruckmen ...

• Like Like x 1
  8. snoz

snoz Moderator

SuperCoach 2018 now officially open!!

• Like Like x 4
  9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Here be the Battlers. With 29 players on the books, it's fair to say I'm not looking to add to that number unless it's an offer I can't refuse. If there's one you fancy, let me know. Draft picks are the preferred currency but feel free to be creative in your offerings.

DEF: Alex Witherden; Tom McDonald (D/F); Luke McDonald (D/M); Luke Ryan; Tom Cutler; Ryan Clarke; Nick Robertson; Tom Sheridan
    MID: Adam Treloar; Connor Blakely; Dom Sheed; Lachie Hunter; Jesse Lonergan; Jordan Cunico; Harrison Wigg; Kobe Mutch;
    FWD: Lewis Taylor; Blake Acres (M/F); Mav Weller; Jake Barrett; Sam Lloyd; Kayne Turner; Harry McKay; Luke Partington; Eric Hipwood; Josh Battle; Myles Poholke (M/F)
    RUCK: Jarrod Witts; Tom Nicholls

Current draft picks: 5, 30, 37, 41, 77 & 95

10. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Yeah maybe, traded Keays to you, I think he still has promise. 2017 set will need a few more years in the oak before they mature.

But looking at the second round, happy with Tucker, Duggan, Acres and Lonie.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bandit

You have mail... burger rings may or may not be involved

• Like Like x 1
  12. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Thought you might be interested in this story from the national newspaper:
    Motorbike hits cow in Turua, two injured
    You can have your big city problems, over this side of the ditch we have real news.

"Two people are in hospital, one with serious injuries, after a motorbike hit a cow early this morning. Police were called to the crash, in Turua, southeast of Auckland, about 1.20am. The victims were taken to Thames Hospital, one with serious injuries and the other with minor injuries. Inquiries into the crash are ongoing."

Not sure who interviewed the cow.

• Like Like x 3
  13. snoz

snoz Moderator

Bit like this one in Queensland yesterday......

• Like Like x 3
  14. Bandit

Is the cow OK, or are there some slightly bruised rump steaks for sale at the local butcher?

• Like Like x 2
  15. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

Sadly, the health of the cow has been lost in the drive to interview 2 people on a motorbike that hit a cow at 1.30am. I am guessing they were not brain surgeons. If the cow is now a deceased cow the Waikicks will hang the meat for a few weeks and it will be the focus of a pre-season bbq / fund raiser. No membership drive this year, the Bulls Hit Tavern has not been successful in getting its licence extended.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

I am looking to package a few of my draft picks for a top 10 pick. My current draft picks are: 4,17,19,22,36,40,94.

If anyone is interested in gaining 17 and 19 for example, I'm open to offers to gain and extra top 10 pick.

Cheers, Lenny

17. Bandit

Not going to get much work done today prospectus.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  18. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Finished my first read through on Wednesday, plot is quite choppy, shitload of characters in it though, some of them half decent

• Like Like x 1
    • Option 5 Option 5 x 1
  19. Bandit

There is a shitload of villains I’ve heard

• Like Like x 2
  20. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a fave character?

• Like Like x 1