2018 Round 17 Review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 15, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on Jul 15, 2018 at 6:14 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Plenty of monster scores from popular players should see some high team scores.

Unfortunately some ruck injuries and Robbie Gray getting KO'd may hurt teams running low on trades and also have some big ramifications for the remainder of the AFL season.

Leagues are getting to the pointy end and no doubt there will be some narrow margins at the end of this round.

Congrats to Buddy on kicking goal #900 and also to Aliir Aliir for kicking goal #1 in the clutch.

Comment below !

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 15, 2018.

1. ike2112
      ike2112
      Damn, so I got a Ruck and 2 Fwd out, and I have no ruck or fwd cover...
    2. stowie
      stowie
      6 WEEKS!

Wow, wasn't expecting that.

http://www.hawthornfc.com.au/news/2018-07-17/sicily-dealt-injury-blow
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    3. stripey
      stripey
      This could be the year where people might finally get rewarded for saving those trades...
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Owen
      Owen
      And also the year where I haven't saved them as much as previous years. Yay.
      • Like Like x 3
    5. TheTassieHawk
    6. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      So I'm settled on one trade already, Sicily to Lloyd. Leaving me with 3 trades and $141.8k

Need advice on one more luxury trade.

Is Dusty turning a corner? Will Parker explode against GC? Wait another week for Macrae? Do I want Danger for r23? Will Brayshaw keep his form?

1 - Dusty to Danger
      2 - Parker to Macrae
      3 - Rance to Brayshaw
      4 - Hold onto 3 trades.
      • Option 4 Option 4 x 3
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    7. Owen
      Owen
      I'm thinking of two possibilities:

:1:Sicily to Shaw and Ahern to Danger (leaves me with Rocky as coverage in mid, JJK/Gray as coverage in fwd, 3 trades and about $7k)
      :2:Sicily to Hurn/Ryan/Brayshaw and keep Ahern as cover, 4 trades and about $200K

Leaning towards as option 1 as I need to win the next couple of games in my cash leagues.
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 2
    8. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Or a 3rd option might be to trade Sicily to Hurn/Ryan/Brayshaw and Rocky to Danger?

After doing it in previous years, I don't think having a 400+k emergency in the last few rounds is worth it. That's why this year I'm going for the strongest 22 I can get and rookie emergencies.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Owen
      Owen
      Yeah I was looking at doing that until Sicily got injured and thought I could use the injury trade out to my advantage by getting just enough case to get Danger and keep Rocky.