2018 Round 18 review

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Jul 22, 2018.

By anthak on Jul 22, 2018 at 8:03 PM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Looks like another huge round this week! Especially for those who captained Tom Mitchell.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Jul 22, 2018.

1. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Score aside, I had a shocking week that has probably ended my chances.

Had been going to go Sicily to Oliver/Danger via Higgins onto forward line. Then this coming week could have gone T.Smith to Darling or Greene and given me my full starting 22 with Ahern and Higgins on MF/FW bench along with others. Was happy with that, including the flexibility it offers.
      But I screwed up - I thought I'd already made the transfer but forgot that I reversed it to think about it a bit more at Thu lockout! By time I remembered, both Geelong and Dees were playing. So absent-mindedly I went Sicily to Darling anyway, forgetting that I'd have been as well using a bench emergency score and bringing in Darling this week since his price was gonna drop anyway.
      The outcome - I now don't have enough cash left to bring in Oliver/Danger...
    2. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Got 2 trades left, not sure if I should just gamble and burn them. I'm 3rd and on a 6-gm streak in one league but I'm 7th in another and need a win to secure finals.

Lloyd / Laird / Hurley / Crisp / Savage / Yeo // Richards / Keeffe

TMitchell / Cripps / Neale / ZMerrett / JKelly / Martin / Rockliff / Higgins // Ahern / Sier / Phillips

Gawn / Grundy // English

Heeney / Gray / Westhoff / Boak / Darling / McLean // Battle / TSmith

I think I want to transfer out English and TSmith to free up cash, get Ahern/Higgins on MF/FW bench so they can switch, and just gamble on ruck cover.
      Due to my screw-up last week I now can't afford to get to Oliver or Danger via DPP to bring Ahern onto Fwd bench.
      I can however get:
      English and TSmith to Lavender and Macrae (or Gaff?). This would give me no ruck cover but solid MF/FW cover and Richards/Keeffe covering DF.

Or I can trade TSmith and Ahern for Danger and Patrick Wilson. This puts Higgins onto MF bench but can be DPP'd with Wilson any time I need Fwd cover.

Or I can just do nothing - play the starting 22 I have all available above and keep the 2 trades till next week (Macrae's BE is 126 so doubt he'll rise too much - as long as he doesn't rise $30k I can still get him next via same route if wanted). The difference would be my score this week will include Higgins/Ahern instead of Macrae, and currently I'm projected to lose by 13 points in the league in which I'm sitting 7th....
    3. anthak
      anthak
      Damn!