2018 Round Review: Round 1

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

By walesy on Mar 25, 2018 at 7:15 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Supercoach is back! And with it, the highs and lows.

For me, I dodged a lot of bullets. Dodged Ryder, Krueze, Rockliff, Zorko, Adams

Of course, I couldn't dodge them all, and got nailed with Liber.

Meanwhile, made a lot of hits with Laird, Dusty, Titch, Coniglio, Billings, Gawn and Sicily.

A couple of the big ones I missed were Simpson, Cripps, Bonner, Greene, Shaw

Also, my bench selection was WOEFUL, with Naughton, Barry and Fogerty on the field and Doedee, Finlayson, Holman and Kelly sitting on the bench.

At least I won't have to trade those guys in those.

All in all, I'm looking at about a 2200 so far, which is a decent start considering.

Have left a good 300 points on the bench though with poor bench choice already though! which STINGS!!

Gunna be some big 2500 scores around I reckon!

How'd you all go first week back?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. snoz
      snoz
      Byrne 48
      Naughton 25
      Zerrett 17
      LDU 25
      Last minute switch from Titch to Fyfe for Capt.........

Yep SC this was worth studying for the last two months :(
      • Like Like x 3
    2. jimbowan
    3. walesy
      walesy
      That's not right at all- it should only count if the player was named and took the field. (as it's always been)

• Your captain scores double points. You should also select a vice captain, who will score double points ONLY if your captain is a late withdrawal or doesn't play for any reason.
      • You can change your captain and vice captain as often as you like, up until the time that your currently selected captain's (or vice captain's) match has started for the upcoming round. At this point, your selection is locked in for the round and cannot be changed.
      Maybe drop them an email?
    4. walesy
      walesy
      Stats are a little late tonight, but they are up.

Calc pages are currently calculating. Should be done soon. :)
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Royboy Forever
      Royboy Forever
      2445 for me which makes me happy - ranked at 610. Rocky my only dissappointment and Kelly on the pine but who in their right mind would have started them any differently
      • Like Like x 1
    6. JC
      JC
      2339. From memory that's a much better start than I had last year, so I'll take it and run.
    7. anthak
      anthak
      In the history tab you can actually see how you ranked each week for previous seasons.
      Last year I ranked about 21k after round 1, whereas this season I ranked about 9k ;)
      Hehe, but it can change so much after another week
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Hells Angel
      Hells Angel
      We would all take 2600 any week of the year.... Well done to those who got 2600 hundred this week, I just don't want to meet you in any finals when I have 2 trades and you should still have 20 or so :(
    9. Penske file
      Penske file
    10. Penske file
      Penske file
      Please tell me again how to access history tab.
    11. Len
      Len
      Hi mate, haven't looked anywhere else, been flatout since 7am yesterday but the averages in tsleagues appear screwy?
    12. JC
      JC
      I stand corrected. Last year I was ranked around 4800 after round 1 vs 6200 this year. But it was all downhill from there last year, so here's hoping history doesn't repeat!
    13. stripey
      stripey
      2504 got me position 72 for the week.. quite amazing score for round one that probably tops anything I've previously been able to manage, even late in the season!
      • Like Like x 12
    14. walesy
      walesy
      Not that I can see- though I might be looking in the wrong place! :D
    15. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Awesome stuff @stripey
      And a shout out to @leematty1
      with a 2516, sitting at 46th!
      • Like Like x 8
    16. Len
      Len
      Nah, just logged in at work and it looks fine, will reset my cache when I get home
    17. Nick
      Nick
      Libba and Ryder killed me! Injury problems already.
      As did high scoring rookies on the bench

Ryder > NicNat and Libba > Cripps is early thoughts of trades
      • Like Like x 6
    18. Owen
      Owen
      Jeez NicNat went alright with 113 SC points on only 54% game time. I'm not unhappy picking Stef Martin over him... but... hmm. I guess he was up against Sinclair.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. kram
      kram
      Did anyone else carry Dangerfield through that round? I ran the risk and got to 2177 but could be a fatal error going by some of this weeks scores! Situation would have improved with Finlayson, Kelly, Fritch and Fogarty onfield rather than crows Fogharty, Naughton, Banfield and Barry.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. Len
      Len
      SC 2286 with Ryder and Fyfe the only premium fails, all MP did well, Naughton onfield was a shocker, Holman offield also.
      TG 2348

Both seem just above par but well below others here as normal :)