2018 Round Review: Round 1

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

By walesy on Mar 25, 2018 at 7:15 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Supercoach is back! And with it, the highs and lows.

For me, I dodged a lot of bullets. Dodged Ryder, Krueze, Rockliff, Zorko, Adams

Of course, I couldn't dodge them all, and got nailed with Liber.

Meanwhile, made a lot of hits with Laird, Dusty, Titch, Coniglio, Billings, Gawn and Sicily.

A couple of the big ones I missed were Simpson, Cripps, Bonner, Greene, Shaw

Also, my bench selection was WOEFUL, with Naughton, Barry and Fogerty on the field and Doedee, Finlayson, Holman and Kelly sitting on the bench.

At least I won't have to trade those guys in those.

All in all, I'm looking at about a 2200 so far, which is a decent start considering.

Have left a good 300 points on the bench though with poor bench choice already though! which STINGS!!

Gunna be some big 2500 scores around I reckon!

How'd you all go first week back?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Mar 25, 2018.

1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Big call, the scores of the likes of Martin/Mitchell/Kelly suggest that no Danger was the right move but we've only had one round so by rd10 or so could flip the other way.
      Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
      • Like Like x 2
    2. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Six weeks for Ryder! Fark, guess that means roll the dice on NicNat.

Will open up correction trade funds too I guess.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Senator96
      Senator96
      2369 and I thought I had a great round but just shows how difficult it is as still manage to be 260 points behind the leader. The leader's squad looks to be quite good and not a one week wonder but only early days I guess.

Made 2 late changes to my squad which probably cost me about another 80 or 90 points best to just go with what you like initially. Some of my rookies like oshea and brodie didn't get picked so shuffled things around a bit. Brought in hibberd over Lloyd which doesn't look like being the right call. Bit concerned about the role hibberd seemed to be playing back on the last line a lot and not creating off half back. Not sure if any demon supporters know more there? Also brought in matt crouch for cripps who had 41 touches but cripps looked extremely good Thursday night. Missed the injury bullets for once and got all the on field calls right apart from hunter clark who only scored 44.

Don't normally trade after the first round especially with no injuries but with only 2 next week before price changes it might be worth chancing it on any gut feels
      • Like Like x 1
    4. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah I’ve been wondering about this too. I’m considering making a trade or two straight up... but likely won’t. Probably be best to wait and see one more week.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Nailed almost all bench/rookie selections, and risky mid-price in Hartlett and Armitage, pulled in 2440. Had left $200k spare just in case of the need to trade. Kind of worried I may have scored my best score of the year in week 1...

But got Mason Cox in the forward line. Tim English as the ruck bench (Gawn and NicNat on field) so should I just swap them and save a trade? Or use that $200k and upgrade him right away to Westhoff, Cameron or another mid-pricer who did better?
      • Like Like x 2
    6. bunza52
      bunza52
      2230 - few too many points on the pine. Excited to be trading Ryder out after one week :rolleyes:. Kinda thinking my idea of picking Menegola over buddy cos he has M/F and deciding to save some money for early upgrade, but going Caddy over Billings, might not have been the best strategy....anyway, only 400 points off the pace...:(
    7. IPOD
      IPOD
      2083 with Dusty VC (C) and copped a double hit of Ryder and Libba. Poor performance from Zorko and Fyfe didnt help and had Kellys 118 on the bench as well as doedee while playing Naughton.

Now to invest in 2 trades with the LTI. Ryder to Martin/NicNat - Libba to Cripps/Coniglio or anybody really
    8. Len
      Len
      I found where I saw it mate, it's in tsleagues Matchday
    9. walesy
      walesy
      ah yes, it displays the last year average in round 1, cause there's no average to display yet :D
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Len
      Len
      That makes sense mate ta, mustn't have noticed it last year :)
    11. TheTassieHawk
    12. Len
      Len
      Unlikely Langdon goes out for Scully, whilst it's possible I think Ried is probably more likely to come out.
      Langdon was a ball of nerves in the first 40 minutes and it told everytime he went near the contest/ball, but his second half was everything the coaches would have wanted of him. If he does hold his spot he is probably the one to make way for a returning Hopper a week or two later.
    13. Penske file
      Penske file
      A dismal 2094 with Danger, Kelly, Holman and Finlayson on the bench. Whether is was the right call on Danger or not cannot be undone. The rookies were always hit and miss. I'll sit for a week on trades as I haven't any injuries, make a call next round see how the dice rolls with the young guns.
    14. Senator96
      Senator96
      I
      I think so too but personally I'm having a year not playing any leagues just focussing on the best possible ranking. You get a put into a league regardless but
      Westoff might be a good trade in. I didn't see the game but I heard he played in ruck a lot when ryder got injured. With ryder being out for 6 weeks he might be scoring well for a while yet if that role continues
    15. ike2112_01
      ike2112_01
      Yeah I think I'm gonna see if Dougal Howard is named as ruck and if not go for Westhoff.
      I think he'll actually struggle to play all game in the ruck, but he's one of the best pinch-hitters in the league.

The downside is I think he gets SC point boosts when Port ask him to move around, play up the wing or sit on defensive 50 for five minutes to see out a quarter as he picks up marks and intercepts there. Not sure he'd be doing that flexible job if also rucking most of the day.
    16. TheTassieHawk
    17. anthak
      anthak