2018 Round Review: Round 2

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Apr 2, 2018.

By Jason on Apr 2, 2018 at 8:01 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@walesy is out of the office for a bit, which gives me the opportunity to start this week's review thread with a

[​IMG]

2460 - ranked 357 for the round! Moved up 33k places this week in the overall rankings. :D

Props to Martin, Mitchell, McLean, Laird, Howe, Smith, Whitfield, Doedee and Johannisen

Slops to Caddy for getting suspended for Round 3 :( and Ryan for being on my FWD bench with a lazy 115!

How did you go? Tell us your hits and misses.

• Like Like x 8

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Apr 2, 2018.

1. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Nothing, if my team already had Ryan in it. Someone in the M/F lines has to go for him.
      • Like Like x 1
    2. stowie
      stowie
      I currently have him and might trade him for Ryan. Like you, thinking he will make for a nice downgrade R8ish. Might see what Garlett does on Friday night before making a decision.
    3. TheTassieHawk
    4. Len
      Len
      I am not getting the gold rush mentality on Danger, his BE is already 181, likely higher after next week and come R4 onwards he becomes cheaper, potentially a lot cheaper.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Matty C
      Matty C
      Great scores from many on here! Good to see you up the pointy end early, Jason. 2314 this week after 2206 the first week sees me at approx 20000 ranking. I think I'm building though with a solid squad. I've got all the rookies I need and don't have any that require offloading like Naughton. Main two issues for me are an underperforming Hibberd (role-change?) and Armitage, and perhaps a lack of a second top-tier gun midfielder (current midfield is Dusty, Fyfe, Pendles, Cripps, Coniglio, Armitage, T.Kelly and Holman.

Is Bonner a must get? Even if he drops off a bit, he could still score about what Hibberd is scoring at the moment. Armitage has the right role at the saints, but the saints look off the pace and have a tough run coming up. Few options I'm tossing up are:

Hibberd > Bonner and Armitage > Oliver (10k off T.Mitchell dammit!) My thinking here is trade my mid-pricer for one that is performing and trade an underperforming premium for a rolled gold midfielder. Can afford any mid besides T.Mitch and Danger with this trade if you think any others will suit. I think this helps me keep my initial structure, though it is sideways. I never sideways beside my round 2 correctional trades.

Another option is Hibberd > Simpson but then I don't know what to do with Armitage. He could become T.Taranto or Christensen/Bonner via DPP but I think the first option will probably get me more points. I don't want to downgrade Armo as then I'd have three rookies onfield in the midfield and I don't think Brayshaw/Banfield/Fogarty can be trusted on the ground at the moment.

Anyone else holding Zac Giles-Langdon for loophole purposes?
      • Like Like x 3
    6. anthak
      anthak
      I agree. I’d at least be holding off for at least one more week to see how he goes in 2nd game. He played 50% game time in fwd line which is a bit of a concern, so it’d be interesting to see the fwd/mid split this week too

I’d probably rather bring in GAJ at present!
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      He was also on 80 at 3/4 time and got 50 in the last qtr on the back of close game involvement, that wont happen every week
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Jason
      Jason
      I already have two good choices for captain each week in Martin and Mitchell. I'll be waiting until upgrade season and reckon I'll have to pay less than the current asking price for Dangerfield.

2018 isn't playing out like the year when Dangerfield was head and shoulders above the rest of the best mids and not having him was giving up too much each week.
      • Like Like x 3
    9. Penske file
      Penske file
      I am wondering whether to keep him myself, 4 weeks out, but I still think he will make us some cash. Haven't made any trades yet but would like to elbow Hibbard - Simpson, only these sideways moves always seem to backfire on me, so probably wait it out another week or two.
    10. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Had expected to have done the rookie BBs this morning but something has come up, should have it up by the evening (WA time).
      • Like Like x 3
    11. anthak
      anthak
      I like this, as long as you’ve got no other issues. It’s a good move I think but a bit of a luxury you can only take if you don’t have bigger issues to fix.
      Ideally, I’d like to be trading Hib to Bonner and Armo to Cripps, I wish I’d done it last week. Now I’ve got other priorities so it looks like I’m sticking with Hib and Armo for the time being and hoping they improve.

I need to trade out Matt Crouch, and I need to bring in Liam Ryan. They’re my biggest priorities. My 2nd trade-in will be out of Bonner, Bundy and Cripps. Presently leaning towards Bonner, saving some cash for an upgrade next week
      • Like Like x 1
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      2016 had 10 players fulfil same criteria (compared to 8) and without writing it all up quickly those relevant to SC were Daniel Wells, Aaron Young, Daniel Talia(!) and Matthew Wright. So 4 players compared to 1 last year (and Weitering being similar to last years Marchbank). So I guess the take away is that there's value to be had but you have to be sure you've found it and acknowledge that the risk is larger trading in one of these players than a rookie.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. Matty C
      Matty C
      Appreciate the feedback. Luckily they are my pressing needs as I have all the cash generating rookies. Zac Giles Langden can wait until a more appropriate trade target appears as I already have Liam Ryan and I don't think Waterman will last long when JJK comes back. ZGL could slot straight back in after a month anyway as they rate his pressure. Tough call on your trade, Bonner should make the most money out of the three but Cripps will score the most points. If you can upgrade someone next week with the cash though then it could be best of both worlds.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. benny01
      benny01
      I'm flicking ZGL. There's no guarantee he comes back in 4 weeks even if fit. His spot was far from cemented and could be taken by someone else by the time he's ready to return.

Looking like Gowers for me. I currently have Fritsch, Ryan and Garlett as the other rookies in my fwd line.