2018 Round Review: Round 3

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 8, 2018.

By walesy on Apr 8, 2018 at 11:34 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

2212 this week felt like a bloody solid score, still only 6,753th for the week though shows that there is still people getting a ton of mileage out of their players!

I reckon Fogarty and Ryan is going to to push a few forward lines to the limit, but hey, the way that English is going, it might be worth trading into some kind of R/F link to get him onto the field in the forward line :D

Anyways, how have you guys gone?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 8, 2018.

1. Owen
      Owen
      • Like Like x 1
    2. JoshyC
      JoshyC
      Ryan out 'for an extended period' according to Simpson.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Penske file
      Penske file
      I think I read he has a broken ankle 10-12 weeks out.
    4. stowie
      stowie
      Ouch! He and West Coast were off to a good start too. I traded him in this week for ZGL, but didn't have time to get him on the field haha. Oh well!
      • Like Like x 2
    5. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I was going to blame myself for doing that but I see there's plenty of fault to go around. :oops:

It sucks because as a mooing rookie you don't want to get rid of him, even if out for something like six weeks you could hold but if it looks like most of the season then you have to pull the trigger. Another trade lost.
    6. Len
      Len
      upload_2018-4-10_15-37-5.png
      I don't think I fail at SC so much as win at shit luck
      • Like Like x 3
    7. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      The dangers of sideways trading. Also those who traded in Taranto chasing points.

Who do people think are the relevant players to talk about this week? Gary Ablett and Liam Ryan seem to be the only major injuries to SC relevant players.

Beams should be back, Greene too. Hanley's reinjury shouldn't be relevant. Pittard looks to be at least one week away, either in the SANFL or resting.
    8. Len
      Len
      Not buying "the sideways dangers" bit tbh.
      If I'd downtraded or upgraded to them the outcome would have been exactly the same for Ryan.
      Mills to Yeo I am content with as a long term improvement, though Yeo proved for 3/4 he couldn't shake a hard tag and was totally owned, probably would have scored single digits if the cats had stayed healthy enough to maintain structure.

My real SC piss-off was Hewett's tag on Whitfield, that and choosing Dusty over Titch for captain cost me around a couple of hundred points alone.

On second thoughts maybe I AM shit at SC as well :)

Greene is listed as available so should play, but where he seemed injury bulletproof sudenly that confidence is missing.
      Ed Richards, Mitch Crowden and Jack Henry potentially worth a look, the latter two as potential Ryan replacements, Higgins next week maybe.

One of the few things I did right was bring Sinclair in to replace Ryder, he is batting well above price in the ruck.
      Pattin had a huge game but won't be allowed to play midfield often.

If I had Taranto I'd hold onto him for sure, had 12 at 50% compared to 23 at 78% the week before, was an off game not an indication of value.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I was focusing more on Mills part than the rookie swap.

Mills had one bad score and was traded out by a lot of people and responded with 105. For a $400k player people rated high enough in the pre-season to select that wasn't a lot evidence just to get rid of him. Taranto was attractively priced but there's nothing to suggest his output for the rest of the season will be what it was for first two games (107ppg) which would've been one of the best forwards average last year.

The main problem which I was trying to convey with trading sideways or chasing points on premiums is that over a full season, a player is never as bad as their worst score(s), and not as good as the best. Even someone like Bonts who I suggested people trade out tonned up. It's hard to get these right and you have to weigh up if it is really worth losing trade for. That is what needs to be considered. If Mills and Yeo follow their '17 average here on out that's ~570 points gained minus last week ~85. The margins are fine.
    10. Len
      Len
      Yeah got you, was reading the response as a whole.
      Relatively comfortable with the move, would love Mills in all my ORF teams but Yeo despite his serious standard deviation issues I think will provide more over the journey for 18.
      Also think on watching the tape that Mills was probably overscored, CD have been known to get it wrong and I think ~ 80 is more likely this year and would hope Yeo is 10 to 15 p/wk above that over the season, if not I can chalk up mistake #101 in the last 3 years :)
    11. headmandude
      headmandude
      What are people's thoughts on Seedsman?
      I've given up hope of Armitage averaging in the 90's and topping out at 500k before upgrading to a premium. I know we are talking about the dangers of the sideways trade however, this is now one I'm considering as it will allow me to keep a few hundred k in the bank until I start upgrading to premiums
    12. anthak
      anthak
      Yep, im trading Armo too!
      If you can do it I'd be trading up to a premium who is good value, there's plenty of them around
    13. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Jarryd Lyons is dangling bait waiting for takers this week... So tempting to grab him as a POD.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. headmandude
      headmandude
      So given that I could afford any premo besides Danger, who do you think offers the most upside out of:
      Macrae
      Dusty
      Gibbs

Keepers I have are Titch, Fyfe, Parker, Cripps, Coniglio

On a consistency level it's probably Gibbs, Macrae, Dusty with Dusty more likely to pull out a couple of monsters.

Or of the mid/higher pricers I could take Hunter, Acres, Maclean, Seedsman or Polec which would leave me with some upgrade money.

Hunter and Macrae intrigue me. Will Macrae maintain his 130 average?
      Is Hunter too good to ignore at his current price and will he maintain or improve his average? I kind of think his numbers are inflated due to his game against the leaking sieve Bombers.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. anthak
      anthak
      I agree with all of that, but if you’ve got the opportunity to go Armitage to Dusty, then I think you’ve gotta do that!
      • Like Like x 2
    16. TheTassieHawk