2018 Round Review: Round 4

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 15, 2018.

By walesy on Apr 15, 2018 at 9:05 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man, lost my cash league by an O'Meara and a Parfitt.

I can stomach the O'Meara score, but losing to the guy who selected Parfitt, sheesh.

Nah, I kid, well played buddy.

How had everyone else done this week?

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. anthak
      anthak
      I had a draw with @JoshyC in one of my other leagues!
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      Wondering if I should trade Billings or hold him. Here's the scenario:
      Ranked 2303rd overall, 26 trades left, $166k salary left
      Team below
      Screen Shot 2018-04-16 at 4.32.57 pm.png
      Would cost me roughly $85k to upgrade Billings to R.Gray (who I would have picked round 1 if he wasn't suspended)
    3. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Below average week and just held my spot in top 2k. :(

I had Gray in a lot of my preseason teams too. Captain Hindsight says if I had ignored Ryder and kept NicNat, I could have had English, Bonner, and Gray for Trac, from the start. But I know I wouldn't have been game to have a non playing prem Rd1.

Hold Billings. He's going to go on a tear or end the season well and we will be back in the same position next preseason with him.

Can't see Insider stats now but imagine being someone who gave Yeo the flick after his 20 odd. Armitage could do a JOM if he's back in the side soon.

Now that we are coming up to upgrade season, best not waste trades in prem if they're not injured. Afterwards is when we have the luxury to fix crappy prems and more games to make an informed decision by.
      • Like Like x 5
    4. anthak
      anthak
      What is everyone doing with Andrew Brayshaw? BE of 57 now.
      Will lose money this week if he scores his average... and his highest score so far is 62 which will only just beat his BE.

I’m thinking of holding him and hoping for a big score.
      Or if I downgrade Liam Ryan, I could upgrade Brayshaw to someone like Jaeger
      • Like Like x 1
    5. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'll probably hold him this week, like I'll probably hold Billings too, but the question does have to be asked. It really looks like he doesn't have much cash to gain. If he scores 50 (above his current average) each week until his round 14 bye, then he only looks to gain $36k in that time. If ZGL is named this week then I'm thinking of getting him in for Ryan, then if Mirra is named for both these next two weeks while Murphy is not, then I could do a double trade next week of Murphy to Mirra and Brayshaw to Zerrett
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Owen
      Owen
      I'm booting him, he's just not getting the TOG at the moment. Rookie ruc/fwd via a bunch of DPP swings is my thinking. I was going to it last week but gave him another chance. Means English into the fwds.
      • Like Like x 2
    7. TheTassieHawk
    8. Penske file
      Penske file
      Anyone have any further updates on Josh Kelly, can't seem to find any reports at all.
    9. Senator96
      Senator96
      They mentioned on talking footy last night that there is a bit more too it than just a one weeker which i think was also mentioned by someone on here. I dont have him but you do sort of want more definite time frames before trading out your premiums. Sorry not much help but i wouldn't be expecting him back this week.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. Senator96
      Senator96
      Nice looking squad. I have billings as well and will probably hold for now as tempting as it is to turn him into gray or franklin as im losing points there every week. Im hoping that he will get his mojo back and still finish as one of the higher ranked forwards by seasons end.

As PL mentioned maybe best doing the upgrades first as they will begin from next week and then worry about the crappy premiums after that. With a bit of luck they would have come good by then.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. TheTassieHawk
    12. TheTassieHawk
    13. Penske file
      Penske file
      Rats it looks as tho Kelly is on the skids, might have to review mid options, Oliver , Pendles maybe Mclean because of DPP.
    14. stripey
      stripey
      I cut Kelly for Oliver last week... hearing this week that the groin issue is an ongoing management thing makes me glad I made that decision (although he apparently had it all last year too it doesn’t seem good he needed a break 3 weeks into the season)
    15. Penske file
      Penske file
      Would O'Meara be a reasonable choice for Kelly, and use the excess to bolster forward line or have I missed the boat on JOM and this is a Band-Aid solution?? Thanks for any opinions.
    16. Penske file
      Penske file
      Now I'm hearing Danger has a calf injury.
    17. Len
      Len
      I can't recall JOM's breakeven but pretty sure its very low, so you have missed some of it but by no means all of it.
    18. stripey
      stripey
      :eek:
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Len
      Len
      Over-rated hack, nothing to see here :p
    20. headmandude
      headmandude
      Any thoughts on Dean Kent's js? Considering Taberner to Kent to make some cash but also as a potential keeper if he can maintain form. Thoughts anyone?