2018 Round Review: Round 4

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 15, 2018.

By walesy on Apr 15, 2018 at 9:05 PM
  1. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Man, lost my cash league by an O'Meara and a Parfitt.

I can stomach the O'Meara score, but losing to the guy who selected Parfitt, sheesh.

Nah, I kid, well played buddy.

How had everyone else done this week?

• Like Like x 3

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by walesy, Apr 15, 2018.

1. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      My opinions FWIW:

O'Meara will likely average ~100 for the year, so his value will probably rise but he's probably not the kind of premium you want come end of the year, you need more.

Kent won't sustain his form, but I've been proven wrong before.

I would probably hold Billings. Forwards are always up and down anyway and he's certainly capable of averaging 100 across the year.
      • Like Like x 3
    2. benny01
      benny01
      So I have Kelly and while I think I should trade there's no obvious favourite to me.
      Macrae, Gibbs and Coniglio are the ones who I'm looking at for now.
    3. NedFlanders
      NedFlanders
      not tempted by Clayton Oliver?
    4. benny01
      benny01
      I started with Oliver. Otherwise he'd be my favourite.

I'm now leaning towards R.Gray and moving Heeney mid for a few weeks.
    5. Owen
      Owen
      Bonner to Hurley :thumbsu:
      Bonner to Yeo :thumbsd:
      Keep Bonner another week :1:
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 3
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    6. IPOD
      IPOD
      Was toying with the idea of punting brayshaw (his lack of game time is making it super hard to generate enough cash movement). Was thinking moving Finlayson from def to mid then get Mirra as a D6 D7 (mix and Match with Naughton). Thought and feedback appreciated. TIA
    7. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Wait until Mirra or another rookie is set to play their 3rd game. Is coffield of any interest ??
      • Like Like x 1
    8. IPOD
      IPOD
      Not likely - especially the price difference of price to Brayshaw - coffeild only 40k rather than 100k to Mirra. I can hold off a week i just dont want to cop too much of a Brayshaw loss $$$$ wise
    9. choppers
      choppers
      If Brayshaw manages a 70 (highly unlikely) he'll have a BE of 16 approx (very gettable) and if he does his normal scoring (40-50)won't drop too many $ ...($3-5000 approx)
      I'd hold til next week.
      • Like Like x 1
    10. anthak
      anthak
      I’m going early on Mirra. No other decent options around (I’m not interested in Coffield) and I need some cash to bring Yeo in this week so I don’t miss out on Merrett next week.

I’m trading Liam Ryan & Bonner to Mirra & Yeo.

I’m hanging onto Brayshaw for a bit longer.
      Id rather hang onto Bonner for a bit more too but I’ve decided to use his $$ now. Mainly because of the opportunities presented to us with Yeo and Merrett.

Go hard or go home o_O
      • Like Like x 1
    11. walesy
      walesy
      Strong move :D I'm still looking to do Yeo next week.

This week, I'm just trading Brayshaw out, shuffling the decks to get English on the field, and bringing in a bottom priced F/R.

Unless Merrett goes banana this week or next, he'll still be super affordable in 2 weeks (and off a 4 day break, might even come down some more!)
      • Like Like x 2
    12. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      You're going early on Mirra? I'm going early on Guelfi!

Brayshaw to Guelfi (Garlett to mid), and Hibberd to Gray (Sicily to def)

Was tossing up between Yeo and Gray but Gray has more runs on the board.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. anthak
      anthak
      2 things...
      I’ve been considering Hibberd and Gray too.
      With Lewis out now, Hibberd’s role could/should improve.
      Gray’s r10 bye has me worried, which I didn’t remember at first. I was sold on him until I remembered that bye.
    14. anthak
      anthak
      Jump in early and enjoy their points sooner ;)
      • Like Like x 1
    15. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Don't think that will be a big issue.
      If I can't field 22 in round 10, then I have bigger issues.
    16. stripey
      stripey
      I'm with you, I dont feel it is a bad thing to have a few Port/GC players to further spread the BYE love...
    17. anthak
      anthak
      They’ll be good to bring in at r11 to have through the other byes, but bringing them in now you already know they’re going to miss a game when you need 22, which I can’t stomach.
      You’re probably losing ~50 pts in r10, so the player would have to score 10points more per round than another option over the next 5 weeks just to break even. Perhaps Gray can do that, but he’s starting behind the 8-ball.
    18. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      It meant a lot more before they changed the bye rules to include the top-18 only. Now I feel like the byes are virtually not worth worrying about.
      You're just as likely to get screwed by a first quarter injury or a late withdrawal.
      Worth the risk I think.
    19. anthak
      anthak
      It’s not top18 in round 10, that’s the problem.

Also, I disagree that you’re just as likely to cop an injury. Yes injuries are possible, but not an absolute given such as the r10 bye
      • Like Like x 1
    20. stripey
      stripey
      I agree with you on this @anthak I guess when looking at the starting line up I wasnt concerned but it would definitely be a further consideration now the season has started...