2018 Round Review: Round 6

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 29, 2018.

By TheTassieHawk on Apr 29, 2018 at 6:41 PM
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

As the Western Derby approaches the end of the 3rd its time to recap Round 6.

Big Maxy has gone HUUUGE as have plenty of others, Danger has gone sub 100 so will be a tasty price pretty soon and 10 or so rookies have played their first game of 2018.

How has your team gone and how are your team and TS leagues ranked (once lockout is over) ?

• Option 1 Option 1 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by TheTassieHawk, Apr 29, 2018.

1. bunza52
      bunza52
      2,188 this week, was nice to get a full team on the park, after munching on 2 donuts last week. Getting Sicily back with be a bonus, not sure Petracca.... Have enough $$ to trade Holman to anyone bar Danger. Pies look to have a run of 6 winnable game, so maybe Pendles or Treloar need to come in. But someone like Macrae would suit my bye structure better, wouldn't mind Ducky, but already have 12 currently missing R14. Other trade might be Murray (a week or two early) for Duman or Cole, or maybe just hold it for another day.
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm thinking of trading Walters to one of Deledio, Taranto or Sicily. Any thoughts on the three?
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Penske file
      Penske file
      Having the same headache with Walters, also still have Billings and Bonner had plans for this round which now have been scuppered, can we trust Sicily who would be obvious at either end of the ground, would like go early on a couple of rookies for cash. It would seem the footy Gods intervene at every turn.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. RPritch
      RPritch
      Yeah tough decisions this round, feels like the trades made this round and over the next couple of weeks after will be season defining. For now I'm thinking of holding Sauce and Billings for the long haul and trading Holman and Walters up to Zerrett and Deledio. Happy to pass on Duman as there will be either one or two downgrades for me to get in next week, then follow with more upgrades the week after to Danger, Howe etc.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. anthak
      anthak
      I think it’s easily Sicily. He is a gun up back for the Hawks and surely won’t continue to get suspended every other week?.

We must be concerned about how Taranto and Deledio will go when Kelly returns.

But yeah, not many solid options to choose from up fwd.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. RPritch
      RPritch
      His b/f dpp status is enticing too
      • Like Like x 1
    7. TheTassieHawk
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      My team's round 6 score was 2064 due to some botched loopholes and I only just managed to get Higgins into my team about 10 seconds before he locked out for the round.

My team ranking was steady but as with most years I am starting from a long way back to aim towards the top 5-10k.

Is anyone going early on trading out the likes of Doedee/Murray/Finlayson/Kelly ?

Are people trading in Duman ahead of more expensive 2 and 3 game alternatives (Cole/Mirra) or cheaper 2nd gamers (Mutch/Worpel/Ronke) ?

I have figured out that if I trade Naughton/Rayner ==> Duman/Merrett this week I am touch and go on being able to bring in Danger for Round 8 at the expense of Murray and Finlayson (assuming all players hit their average in Round 7).

Thankfully with Danger and Finlayson both playing Friday night I will have 2/3 of the scoring data I need to forecast next week's prices so I can adapt on Saturday morning if needed.
      • Like Like x 1
    9. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      Trying to upgrade my forward line but it's tough predicting the top 6-8 forwards this year.

Gray, Franklin, Heeney and Sicily look the goods but who else?

Westhoff's form looks unsustainable, and what happens when Ryder returns?
      Mundy playing well but he is 33.
      McLean maybe?
      Deledio and Taranto have been up and down and what happens when Kelly returns?
      Hogan has a favourable next 3 weeks, only one bad game.
      JJ Kennedy is back and has been a performer before.
      Greene, Walters and Parfitt have injuries.
      Acres and Robinson are outside chances.

Edit - Deledio now injured too!
      Last edited: May 2, 2018
    10. anthak
      anthak
      I think definitely McLean. His form is too hard to ignore and doesn’t have same sorts of questions like other options do
      • Like Like x 2
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      Worth holding Walters 2-3 weeks, not many forward options apart from Mclean.
      • Like Like x 1
    12. RPritch
      RPritch
      I'm going to trade Zerrett and Sicily in this week still, but I'm unsure as to whether I'm going to trade out Holman and Walters or Billings rather than Walters. For now thinking that I will trade Billings as long as I can avoid a donut this week, otherwise it'll have to be Walters. To avoid a donut I need all bar 1 of Stephenson, Fritsch, English, ZGL and Garlett to be selected this week.
    13. IPOD
      IPOD
      I cant hold Walters especially if Petracca is still not playing. I also habve the added stress of Zorko pooing it up with no sign of breaking a tag anytime soon. Added to the fwd line of Ryan and Fogarty on the bench is becoming an issue i have to deal with quick smart. Thoughts of Walters- McLean and then Ryan to Spargo/Ronke leaves 470k to upgrade Zorko next week (possibly Danger). Spargo/Ronke would also cover Petracca if he doesnt get up.
    14. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Why not upgrade Ryan this week to a (sub 580k) premium Forward or mid (via dpp) instead ?
    15. Senator96
      Senator96
      Some good questions here what makes you think Walters will only be out for 2-3 weeks? Isnt his injury normally a 4-6 one? If were 2-3 id also hold although was he was he starting to play more forward than mids before his injury? Thought I noticed that the week before his injury and ive already got that damn billings anchored forward in a crappy team that never gets the ball up there and even when they do it goes straight to his opponent. 40s sure aint what i paid for! Hes lost too match cash to ditch though now. I want to axe bonner like nobodys business but I just know if I do that he'll ton up again like he did in round 1 when I passed him up. What is it about this game? Whoever you trade out aces it and whoever you trade in spuds it.

Whats everyones thoughts on spargo and ronke? I'm thinking im probably going to have to jump on one of them a week early with next week in mind. Looking like an Important best buys this week,
    16. RPritch
      RPritch
      Claims of Walters being out for 2-3 weeks can be found on AFL.com. With thoughts on Spargo and Ronke, I have no idea how good Ronke is or what his job security is like, but I know that Spargo is a very good player. I'm hoping Spargo can keep his spot in the 22, but can't guarantee he will when they get some players back. I think he'll score well while playing
      • Like Like x 2
    17. anthak
      anthak
      Just read that Ross Lyon said Walters’ injury isn’t as bad as expected, it’s just his kneecap and he might miss only one game.

Other reports are suggesting 2-3 weeks.

Probably still trade I guess
    18. anthak
      anthak
      Yep, this is right, I noticed that too.
      He scored 98 in round 5, playing almost exclusively fwd. Then played fwd this week before his injury.
      He was playing more midfield earlier in the season, which I think is better for him.

I’m thinking I’ll trade him. Maybe bring him back in after his price drops a bit if it looks like he’ll finish the season strong.
      Last edited: May 2, 2018
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Owen
      Owen
      Anyone considering going Jaeger to JPK? Only costs about 3K
      • Like Like x 1
    20. The_Swert
      The_Swert
      I have considered it, however he is likely to get tagged by Jacobs this weekend. That could be a better idea next week.