2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I thought I read he was earmarked for more midfield time, is that correct?
    2. Jason
      Jason
      Played predominantly as a forward in JLT. He can score 90 in that role if he kicks a few goals. Or he can score 60 in that role, if he doesn't.
    3. Len
      Len
      sometimes there's just plain good reason players are not being picked over othr players tbh
    4. Len
      Len
      Cox is probably who I'd try to fit in also, has been in plenty of my versions though not the final, is still onfield in AFLF where he presents better value
      • Like Like x 1
    5. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I'm reconsidering Dunkley but Burton however is locked into my team, maybe i'm biased but the kid can play and with Frawley and Stratton back in the team his role has changed
      • Like Like x 2
    6. Len
      Len
      All good mate, if we didn't like the players we wouldn't play the game, and I am a serious homeboy myself :)
    7. anthak
      anthak
      I have downgraded Sicily to Bundy to get Naughton. And it leaves me about $100k in the bank. I think I’ll go with this setup now but I’m not entirely comfortable with it.
      I’m really not sure if Naughton is worth it, I would much prefer having Sicily than Bundy, but I’d also rather not mess with the rest of my team....
    8. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Hey Ant, I agree with those advocating for Naughton based on his JLT. However if you can set a lineup you prefer without him then maybe it is better to follow your gut.

Look at a plan B, does your structure allow you to trade him in for Round 3 for another rookie like D Fogarty, Stephenson, Rayner, Clark, LDU or Dow via dpp switches ?
      • Like Like x 3
    9. anthak
      anthak
      I like this idea. I’m happy to do fix up trades so at least this will give me a chance to see how these midpricers go for a couple of weeks. I prefer Sicily, so maybe I should start with him.
      I’ll have a think about it.
    10. Jason
      Jason
      While I like Naughton, I don't like Christensen.
      • Like Like x 2
    11. anthak
      anthak
      Sorry I never got back to you sooner Fitzy, but I just want to say I really like your team! Very good setup imo
    12. anthak
      anthak
      I’ve actually gone back to this team.
      Will probably be bringing in Naughton prior to R3, but at least by then I’ll have had a look at 2 rounds and know who to drop to make the money for him.
      Doedee is my def em, so if Keefe doesn’t play, Doedee’s 86 will be activated.

With this plan in mind I wish I hadve had Ryan instead of Fogarty to free up extra cash, but it should be alright.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Not trying to put you off mate, but what happens if Frawley or Stratton get injured in 2018 - does Burton keep a SC friendly role ??
    14. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      He averaged 84 last year. I feel he can build on that this year.
      If we get injuries then I guess that's just something I'll deal with when and if it happens
    15. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Personally I think Burton is a better option than Sicily
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      Is Sandy too much of an injury risk to have in the ruck?
    17. benny01
      benny01
      I'd just like to reiterate what has been said in that if you really feel your team is better without Naughton then it is your team after all and you should make that call. It's not worth bringing in guys like Christensen just because they suit your price structure if you really would prefer someone else.

In the situation you're in I tend to trade down to a rookie and then use that money to upgrade other spots too. Then I'll sit on it and see how I feel. If I don't like it then I will revert back. Problem is time isn't on your side but there's still a few hours till the first Saturday game kicks off.

E.g. I downgraded somewhere and had a bit of cash I thought could be Danger money but then I thought I could bring in Armitage for LDU and my team felt much stronger.
      • Like Like x 2
    18. Urqkel
      Urqkel
      I wish I could get Doedee's 86 ontot he field...seems stupid to bring in a non playing rookie to have it tho
      • Like Like x 2
    19. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      At $480k you would want him to play close to 22 games, injury and resting are very likely. He is also very old so there is the potential for his top form to be below past seasons numbers. That said if you don't have 2 rucks that you think will play all 22 it becomes a guessing game.
      • Like Like x 1
    20. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      Updated team (Saturday am) - $130k left over - currently very Round 14 bye heavy
      Laird,
      Mich Hibberd, Savage, Naughton, Murray, Finlayson (Doedee, L Murphy)
      Martin, Mitchell, J Kelly, Fyfe, Libba, Armitage, Brayshaw, Banfield (Kelly, Barry, Holman)
      Ryder Gawn (English)
      Heeney, Billings, D Smith, Petracca, Rayner, Fritsch (D Fogarty, Ryan)

No Langdon - this was not completely intentional so could swap with Ryan, but expect Rayner and Ryan to have better JS
      Armo vs JOM vs Bundy vs Lycett for the midpricer position
      Ryder vs Lycett vs Goldy vs ???? for R2

I am not overly happy with a 4-2-5 midifield, with my current side I do not quite have enough $$$ to upgrade Libba to the Bont (to get to 5 premos) unless I downgrade Rayner to Stephenson or Ryder to Goldy or Savage to H Shaw - advice on other "premium" midfield options would be welcomed.

If I keep Libba or turn him into Coniglio I will most likely upgrade Petrracca - possibly to Greene, Walters, Dahlhaus or McLean - again suggestions are welcome.

Rayner/Stephenson will either remain at F5 or switch to M9 (then switch back to forwards via a switch with Fogarty next week) if I need to reshuffle the current structure.

Rayner, Savage, Armo, Billings, Ryder and Walters are playing in today's "early" games which means I need to make my decisions fairly soon. Any feedback would be appreciated.