2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      I like Nank but he's not feeling much love why ??
    2. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      I like this side - Brayshaw has been good and hopefully he doesn't get another crack on the head and will give great value - Nik Nat if he plays is terrific ( if) - D3 and M3 will define our success early in the season and I've changed both 5 no 10 times so your guess is as good as anyone's I reckon !
      Savage Sicily Marchbank Weitering Yeo MacDonald ? Help

Same up forward !! And R2 as discussed by all
      • Like Like x 1
    3. anthak
      anthak
      I like Nank too but there’s a bit too much risk there I think.
      I think there’s a bad feel about him cause he dropped off a bit as the season went on last year. He scored less than 90 just once in first 9 rounds, but then he scored 90 or more just four times in the last 13 games... he also had 7 games scoring 75 or fewer. All this is not including finals data.

Natural progression should see him improve again, but how much?
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Micksdemons
    5. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Forwards need help but thoughts all round would be appreciated?
    6. benny01
      benny01
      While Danger and Garlett are shown to be under injury clouds Tom McDonald is also a doubt for round 1 due to injury. Just something to watch.

I like Cripps and Kelly. Neither are currently in my side but I've had them both in there at various stages. Same goes for Nank.

I can't really fault your side because it has extremely similar structure to mine.
      We have 8 non rookie players the same and a total of 22 the same.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Len
      Len
      I don't believe Keefe will play enough games to be the cash cow he needs to be, but than we are already going at an injury a week so could change very shortly..
      Other than that I feel you have one to few mid rookies who tend to generate the most cash, and potentially one too many cloggers up forward..
      Decent selections all round otherwise
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Iain
      Iain
      I can't tell you comprehensively Len, but my take is that Weitering has more freedom to play loose where Marchbank has to stay more accountable when Weitering is in the backline. When Weitering moves up the ground more I've noticed Marchbank starts to run off his man more.
    9. graeme
      graeme
      The pirates are a bit different - and not just because of the eye patches. I see Danger as a strategic gamble and am willing to cop a low score in week one to preserve a trade. Two caveats. First, the rookies are best guesses at the moment. Second, will need some trading during the bye rounds as deliberately heavy on round 14 byes. $10,000 cash on hand. Thanks for any feedback.
      upload_2018-3-15_12-23-48.png
    10. Iain
      Iain
      Solid side chels, the midfield looks particularly strong but obviously at the expense of some more mid-pricers than I personally would be comfortable with. Having said that I currently have loads of them that I'm slowly squeezing out.

JOM I couldn't bring myself to pick this year, the 2 Bulldogs forwards makes me wonder if they could both be worthwhile (I think I'd only risk one) and at ~400k Webster just doesn't have the upside for me. What made you pick Webster?
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      Thanks Iain, much appreciatwed. Picking which setup will be dominant is presumably not simple :)
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Iain
      Iain
      Personally I think they should keep Weitering down back for a bit longer before they mess around too much with making him a swingman, but I guess there's probably a reason I'm not an AFL coach.
      • Like Like x 1
    13. graeme
      graeme
      Thanks Iain, much appreciated feedback. I agree that Webster is a weak point, perhaps Jayden Hunt or Callum Mills would be a better option? The doggy forwards I am big fans of. McLean will play more through the guts and his F/M this year will probably become M next year - Jason would not trade him to me, so at least two guys on TS appreciate him! Dunkley is priced to reflect his injury impacted 2017. He looks to me as though he is close to his form at the end of 2016 when he strung together 68, 111, 106 and 73 in the dog's finals' run. That would do me fine as a way of funding a fallen premium forward. JOM is a gamble, I hope to have the problem of whether to trade him or hold him round about the byes.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Iain
      Iain
      Good looking squad Mick, McDonald and Nank the only concerns for mine, and Nank is partly because I don't know what happened to him in JLT1. Stats say he had 11% TOG for 0 SC, personally I'd want to know what happened to give that stat line before I included him myself.

Good structure but I am also wondering if the GnR will be as successful this year, I just can't see there being enough rookies early on to enable it to be a winning strategy. I'll probably aim for 1 less gun and a couple of more expensive rookies than you are going for to start with myself.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Iain
      Iain
      Webster's SC scores in JLT didn't top his TOG %, but both of Mills' games managed to. Probably a POD type situation, but I currently have Mills myself. JLT doesn't mean much of course, but hearing from Sydney that Mills will be predominantly midfield this season too.
    16. Iain
      Iain
      SC.png
      My current team, only 28k left in the bank and 2-3 midpricers too many for my liking.

Still tossing up between Gibbs and Cripps, Merrett and Kelly, and a fair few of the rookies.
      Thoughts appreciated.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. choppers
      choppers
      As rookies aren't finalised yet, I'd look to have one of Finlayson or Coffield on your MID bench so you open up the M-D swing.
      Looks a pretty strong midfield.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. walesy
      walesy
      Dunks is my tip for a huge breakout this year.

I don't have the stones for it myself, but I reckon a 90+ average is on the cards.

The kid is a jet.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Iain
      Iain
      For a bloke with 20 career games and only 1 game last year over 80, a 30ppg jump seems mighty large to me. Any particular reason walesy or just like the cut of his jib?
    20. walesy
      walesy
      Last year was an injury write off.

Before then though, crushed it in the juniors.

Crushed it in 2016 in the VFL, with a 33 touch 17 tackle game getting him a call up to the majors, where he closed out the last 10 games of the season with an average of 91.7

Pre season scores of:

114SC (104DT) off 17 touches (8 contested) and 3 goals + 7 tackles
      73SC (71DT) off 11 touches (7 contested) and 1 goal + 8 tackles

I think he plays a very friendly fantasy game where he gets in and gets things done, which should see his floor stay high, even when he's not getting a huge amount of it- but also has the ability to jag a few goals and put up a few tons throughout the year.

I might be going a little early on him, but am a big fan :D
      • Like Like x 2