2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Iain
      Iain
      Interesting. Thanks for the info mate.
    2. Iain
      Iain
      Last questions for the day:
      Libba or Hall?
      (thumbs up Libba, thumbs down Hall)

and

Can we get away with both Banfield and Brayshaw under Lyin?
      (option 1 yes, option 2 no, option 3 just Banfield, option 4 just Brayshaw)
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 5
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 1
    3. graeme
      graeme
      You heard it here first - well actually a little earlier in the thread but now with more authority!

Attached Files:

4. graeme
      graeme
      Pretty strong team Iain. Not sure on Yeo - what role will he play, is it SC friendly. In fact the whole eagles line up without Priddis and Mitchell looks pretty thin to me. I perferred Hall to Libba in your poll and of the giants prefer Kelly to Whitfield. Kelly could be anything and his progression (68, 71, 87, 114) is compelling to me.

I really like how much cash you have with expensive rookies as well. Will make late changes comparatively straight forward.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. benny01
      benny01
      Nankervis got concussion pretty early in the first quarter after falling awkwardly trying to take a speccy. He didn't seem too bad but it was only JLT so they rested him taking no chances.
      • Like Like x 2
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Whitfield is probably one we're all going to lock in our 2019 defences (with Blakely) but at this stage I think the only Giants I'll pick from are either Kelly or Coniglio.

People really do need more Bundy in their side. The way rookies are presenting I may go 4-1-3 up front and 3-0-5 down back.

Hardest thing to figure out is who to partner Gawn. This year is looking quite open with which is the best way to going about our teams.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Nick
      Nick
      One for the thumbs...

Thumbs Up: Fyfe
      Thumbs Down: Neale

Currently switching in and out of my team constantly
      • Like Like x 8
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    8. Micksdemons
      Micksdemons
      Nank apparantley hit his head on the ground in jlt1 and wasn't seen again - thanks for the feed back
      • Like Like x 1
    9. Owen
      Owen
      I'm tossing up him over Bundy for roughly 30K
    10. Iain
      Iain
      Thanks for the replies gents.
    11. Nick
      Nick
      I like your team Ian, it has a very similar structure to mine.
      I can't split Mills and Lloyd and who will score more, so I've got with neither. Have had Yeo for a while but not sure what his role will be with WCE midfield taking a hit so worries me.
      Love the Whitfield pick, should really take it to a new level this year, definitely on the watchlist. Haven't seen many teams with Zerrett, he picked up a little injury in the JLT so just monitor that.
      I think there are better options for M9 and M10, like Dow and Dom Barry, but teams will tell I guess.

Overall pretty solid!
      • Like Like x 1
    12. Nick
      Nick
      Latest iteration of my team below, any feedback welcome.
      Contentious picks being Savage and Sicily as I see it. Savage JLT form hard to ignore and I like the idea of Sicily's role, but not so much how he implodes with some opposition attention.
      $84k left, mainly to cover if Danger is named and I need to do some rejigging some round 1.

2018 Team.PNG
      • Like Like x 1
    13. choppers
      choppers
      Hey Nick, looks a pretty strong team especially the midfield. My only observation is you have both D/M's in the defensive line and both F/D's in the forward line. I think it would be a lot better structure if you could find a way to move either Finlayson or Coffield to the midfield and either of Keefe or Sicily to the defence.
      Maybe something like Finlayson to mid for Barry. Keefe to D8 and another rookie into the forward line. Without searching,Stephenson, Venables Ahearn Fogarty, are a few that come to mind.........
    14. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      G'day all, whats our thoughts on Elliot Yeo, very solid breakout last year but it appears not many want a bar of him this... whats holding people back?
    15. Iain
      Iain
      Thanks Nick. I'm hoping with Merrett that it was in JLT1, he got 29SC from 15% TOG in that game, but bounced back with a huge 140 from 72% TOG in JLT2. I'm liking that he's a bit of a POD though.
    16. Iain
      Iain
      I like him Fitzy, I think most are concerned about who will get tagged at WCE and just their general midfield performance now with Priddis and Mitchell both gone.
      • Like Like x 1
    17. walesy
      walesy
      That's the same midfield as I have :D
      Very similar team to mine, outside of rookie, the only differences are:

Savage + Ryder + DSmith vs Mills + Goldi + Heeney.

Only thing to watch out for is the Ryder donut that you might be facing during his bye.
    18. choppers
      choppers
      Probably his price Fitzy. He's valued at 102 pts per game and only averaged 94 in his last 6 of last yr. Will probably drop in price and can be picked up cheaper later on...I'm just guessing here but it's one of the reasons I didn't go with him. And as Iain just commented, he's also open to be tagged.
    19. Fitzy
      Fitzy
      Cheers lads appreciate your opinions! Makes sense, worth thinking about.
    20. Nick
      Nick
      Great advice there Choppers re DPP, will have a tweak.
      Thanks for the feedback