2018 Supercoach RMT

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

By That KI Guy on Mar 9, 2018 at 3:27 PM
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Got nothing to lose by kicking this off and putting my head on the block as my SC history is littered with...litter.
    Give us your thoughts and remember to post feedback before throwing your own team out there.

Knights who say Ni (version 400-ish)

Def - Hibberd, Simpson, Savage, Sicily, Naughton, Finlayson (Doedee, Murphy)
    Mid - Martin, Zorko, Fyfe, Cripps, Coniglio, Brayshaw, Dow, Kelly (Barry, Banfield, Holman)
    Ruck - Martin, Gawn (Cameron)
    Fwd - Walters, Lambert, Smith, Petracca, Christensen, Fritsch (Ryan, Garlett)

$224,000 left

Yep, mid-price madness has got a firm grip on me once again.
    Many would argue there's plenty of traps here and unlikely that all these mid pricers will see the journey.
    Granted, not choosing any of the top 14 fwds from last year seems risky.
    Not sure i'll hold my nerve on this by lockout. We'll see.

• Like Like x 4
    • Option 2 Option 2 x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by That KI Guy, Mar 9, 2018.

1. IPOD
      IPOD
      Buckley confirming Murray and Stephenson to debut on sat night
      • Like Like x 4
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    2. God Yeah
      God Yeah
      Luke Beveridge confirms Aaron Naughton will debut against the GWS on Sunday
      • Like Like x 4
    3. walesy
      walesy
      it's all coming together :D
      • Like Like x 2
    4. IPOD
      IPOD
      Made some alterations see what the masses think
      Backs - Laird Mills Howe Brayshaw Murray Coffield (Doedee Finlayson) - Howe out for Hibberd and Brayshaw for Naughton
      Mids - Dusty TMitch Cripps Libba Zorko Brayshaw T.Kelly Holman (LDU Fogarty Barry) - took out Fogarty and LDU for Armitage and Banfield
      Rucks - Ryder Gawn (Cameron)
      Forwards - Buddy Greene Walters Petracca Stephenson L Ryan (Fritsch J Higgins) - put Fogarty in for Higgins

Thoughts?
      • Like Like x 1
    5. IPOD
      IPOD
      189k left in the kitty
    6. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      Think someone back asked about the rookies so thought I'd give this a go. Most of this is done by memory, so I may have missed players, mainly done on what I think scoring potential and job security are for them in relation to others.

Port's "Rookie Rumblings":

Defence - Expensive
      Naughton > Coffieldᴹ > daylight > O'Shea > Cole > abyss

Defence - Cheap
      Doedee > Murray > Finlaysonᴹ > Murphy > Stoddart

Midfield - Expensive
      Ad.Brayshaw > Brodie > Dow > LDU > Clark

Midfield - Cheap
      Kelly > Banfield > Barry > Holman > Choose a DPP > *crickets*

Rucks - Anyone
      Cameron > Loophole > English > Pittonet

Forwards - Expensive
      Daylight > Fogartyᴹ > Stephensonᴹ > Raynerᴹ > Daylight

Forwards - Cheap aka "throw darts in the hope someone averages over 50ppg" (p/b West Coast's reserves)
      Fritsch > Giles-Langdon > Ryan > Garlettᴹ > Venables > Rioli > Keeffeᴰ > Waterman

Bolded the ones I think are locks. Inb4 list becomes irrelevant tomorrow :D
      Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
      • Like Like x 6
    7. Len
      Len
      Looks pretty good tbh, Cogs Armo and Bundy all decent MP and many will have them if they bust anyway, most people seem to be in or out of the Sicily camp, I am out of it myself. As Mike said Walters may be a dodgy choice.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Len
      Len
      The way you've detailed the changes can make it a little tough to read what the real team is now, that said I figured it out so it can't be too hard :)

Every line is improved by the changes imo, looks like a much better platform to start from.
    9. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      If Walters plays midfield he's the lockiest of locks, if he's spending more time up forward he's not.

I don't get the Armitage love at all personally. Could be wrong of course (pre-season is all speculation) but would rather take the risk on JOM's knees than him.
      • Like Like x 3
    10. Len
      Len
      He isn't in my team, I prefer Cogs by a mile, but Armitage is priced at least 20 points below his expected average, and last years injury/ illness isn't likely to reoccur.
      • Like Like x 1
    11. Len
      Len
      Looks pretty spot on to me atm, Ahern for North also likely while Cole almost certainly misses at least round 1 now though I've read nothing either way.
    12. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      I guess Armi to me looks like to much like his ceiling is stepping stone at best. He needs to be averaging over 90ppg to be worth it even then.

As for the rookies, yeah I'd have put Cole before O'Shea (whom I don't rate at all, Blues have so many options to choose over him) before the news of his father. Terrible :(

Didn't list Ahern because he's a trade down target, training with VFL team atm. Hopefully perfectly timed to start at our Rd 6/7.

Writing all that out was actually good, I didn't realise how little there was in regards to actual midfielders to choose from. Very much the case there I think to load up on prems and use a DPP forward (or Finlayson) to prop up bench.

Forwards are just a mess. Guys like Fogarty, Keffee and Waterman are all looking like playing until best 22 players come back. The rest look to be hide-in-the-pocket type players.
      • Like Like x 3
    13. Jason
      Jason
      Basically nailed it :thumbsu: I think Venables is a bit closer to the front of the cheap FWD rookie list but there isn't much competition on that line.
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Jason
      Jason
      Capture.JPG

This is where my team is at.

Downgrading one of Coffield or Rayner to a 120k option (albeit with worse JS) then using cash in hand would allow a 402k mid-pricer. I can't find anyone at or just below this price who I like enough to start however. Any suggestions?

Please give me some thumbs action:

Thumbs up: keep Coffield and Rayner
      Thumbs down: ditch both and select a 402k MID or FWD and a 123k option on the other line instead.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    15. anthak
      anthak
      Darcy Fogarty and Tom Doedee confirmed to play round 1 (I think)
      • Like Like x 1
    16. anthak
      anthak
      Maybe Sicily?
    17. Jason
      Jason
      Quite similar to my team in many players. A lot to like.

Decent chance that Greene gets himself suspended and misses some games in 2018. I toyed with starting him myself, but this potential issue has recently seen him leave my team.

I am worried that Fogarty will play one or two early games and then sit on the bench for a few months. Can't pick him myself.
      • Like Like x 1
    18. Jason
      Jason
      A popular pick at the price, no doubt. I watched him play JLT1 and killed it for SC while playing as an attacking half-back. But then he disappeared in JLT2 and went back to rubbish SC scoring. I suspect this up-down formline will continue in 2018 unfortunately. Can anyone convince me otherwise?
      • Like Like x 2
    19. Iain
      Iain
      One for the thumbs:
      TU - J Kelly, W Brodie +250k
      TD - L Parker, P Cripps
      • Like Like x 5
      • Dislike Dislike x 3
    20. port_leschenault
      port_leschenault
      @Jason Downgrade Rayner, upgrade Liberatore

@Iain First option if you use that $250k somewhere too.