2018 Trade Discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by DamoH, Aug 30, 2017.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Re: the Trengove trade - I'm really torn on this. Obviously both coaches are happy with their trade, but I just can't see Trengove being worth pick 5, let alone this plus an MSD pick... Hmmmmmmmmm :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Tylo

Tylo Moderator

As much as I'd hate to veto a trade, I was really close on this too. In the end though, there is only 18 ruckman and if you don't have 1 it's pretty hard to win a flag. For Holky's sake I hope Trengrove gets to the right club.

3. Batfink

Batfink Well-Known Member

The recent rumour is Trengrove is going to the Bulldogs who already have 3 playing ruckman.

4. wrightbrendan

wrightbrendan Well-Known Member

My opinion was close to this one, I think it is way over the odds for a player like Trengove but obviously Holky really wanted his player so he went out and got him. I think veto's are more about deliberate dodgy action rather than thinking someone is paying over the odd in a certain trade

• Like Like x 3
  5. Mick

Mick Well-Known Member

Vetos are bullshit.

The rule should only be there to protect the league against cheating and collusion.

eg. Dangerfield for a round 3 MSD pick.

Only extreme cases like this should be vetoed.

Everyone rates players differently and has different positional needs within their squads.

Trades that seem weighted heavily to one side at the time they go through can end up working out better for the team on the other side of the deal.

Have a look back over your trades history. I'm sure there would be at least one in there that seemed like you'd pulled off a great trade at the time but it ended up being a stinker.

Each to their own. Build your team and trade anyway you like

• Like Like x 3
  6. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Holky hope your club medicos have given Mummy the once over! No certainty to be at the Giants in 2018... Will a club take an injury risk on him?

7. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

AFL Website "The Giants are preparing for life after Shane Mumford, whose career hangs in the balance pending medical advice on his injured foot and degenerative knee."

8. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday as well but didn't say anything. Surely due diligence has been carried out!

9. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

Season Greetings Coaches
    The Bulls are looking to bolster our Def / Fwd stocks
    Midfielders Will Hoskin-Elliott and Stephen Hill are players up for negotiation to facilitate this...
    Acquire within!

10. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Gentlemen,
    I have a surplus PSD36 available to anyone who wants it.
    Pick #36 improves just about everyone's draft position, so if you're interested, step into my orifice and make me an offer.