2021 ORFFF Grand Final - Worms vs Woylies

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Aug 12, 2021.

?

What will be the margin in the 2021 ORFFF Grand Final ?

Poll closed Aug 15, 2021.
  1. Glow-Worms by 50 plus

16.7%
  2. Glow-Worms by 1-49

33.3%
  3. A draw

33.3%
  4. Woylies by 1-49

16.7%
  5. Woylies by 50 plus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

With 128 games completed so far in ORFFF season 6 only 1 now remains and it ought to be a doozy.

The twice consecutive minor premiers Mole Creek @James84 are looking to add the 2021 major prize to their trophy cabinet while the visiting Walpole side @port_leschenault leschenault are seeking to complete a trifecta of premierships to further cement their place in ORFFF history.

This is the 7th head to head meeting between the 2 sides and while the honours are currently shared 3 apiece Mole Creek have taken the choccies in their past 2 matchups.

Only one side can prevail, the match starts on Friday night and concludes at the final siren of the Western Debry on Sunday evening (regular score updates would be welcomed).

Good luck to both teams.

• Like Like x 3
  2. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Excited for a crack at the title, it's been a long journey to the title fight and we hope to bring our best on the day. Best of luck to @port_leschenault and his boys as well.

On another note, mid-season draftee Taylor Walker has been sacked. He will be delisted at the end of the season, and will not play any further part in the club's activities.

• Like Like x 5
  3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Popanyinning Pyrite

DEF: Whitfield, Andrews, Weitering, Pittonet+, (Daniel)
    MID: Oliver, Merrett, Yeo, McAsey+, (Rowbottom)
    RUC: English
    FWD: Ziebell, Cameron, Thomas, Darling, (Newnes)
    INT: McGrath, O'Brien+ (Anderson)

Not going to be a lot of changes from last week, fixtures don't really do us any favours which means most of the lineup is known beforehand. How Saturday plays out will fill out the rest of the spots.

Good luck Glow Worms! Hoping for our sake you can wait a year before your dynasty run starts. With an incredibly stacked side, a B15 average of nearly 1500, I think we'll take all the luck we can get against you guys too.

• Like Like x 4
  4. James84

Mole Creek Line-Up

Will likely be some substitutions after tonight, main concern is that the interchange is looking real poxy if my emergencies can't work some magic.

Def: Saad, Henderson, Williams, Ridley (Short)
    Mid: Cripps, Petracca, McCluggage, Laird (Kelly)
    Ruc: Darcy
    Fwd: Dangerfield, McCarthy, Sidebottom, Hind (Curnow)
    Int: Tucker, Heeney (Perryman)

• Like Like x 1
  5. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Best of luck to both of yas!

• Like Like x 1
  6. port_leschenault

Woylies just keep going down - Highmore, who's had a good run of AFL form since the byes. Leaves us still with 5 defenders available which means no room for error/choice. McGrath is back which is good, just have to worry about how fit he is after so many weeks out.

• Like Like x 1
  7. James84

End of the first term, and a dream start for the Glow-worms.

Mole Creek 3/366 lead Walpole 1/81

Def: Saad, Williams, Ridley, Crozier (Short - 126)
    Mid: Petracca, McCluggage, Laird, Greenwood (Kelly - 148)
    Ruc: Darcy
    Fwd: McCarthy, Sidebottom, Hind, Heeney (Dangerfield)
    Int: Cripps, Pendlebury (Perryman - 92)

• Like Like x 2
  8. James84

Last minute change, Cripps is out replaced by Lachie Henderson

• Like Like x 1
  9. port_leschenault

Jeez almost missed Martin's out. Down to 18 available I think that means. That will shift the loopholing, Rowbottom in the mids, Newnes fwd.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Sorry to intrude fellas just wanted to get my complaint equity in - bloody Jeremy Cameron one week too late to save the Ducks!

Looks like carnage all round on the selection front. Also anyone else think @James84 is insane for looping players like Danger, Kelly and Short? Lol!

• Like Like x 1
  11. James84

@thokash

Haha, I always loop for the first game of the round and then madly cross my fingers there isn't a late change on a Sunday!!

I started doing it earlier in the season when I generally had 5 equal options in the DEF and MID lines although with all the injuries it's probably higher risk now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. port_leschenault

Will have to take some of those 80 scores I think so loopholing comes into effect. No Danger 160s though. Picking McGrath over Witherden for last bench spot. Have to hope Oliver goes nuts, and Essendon's midfield do too.

As we start round the final corner of the track that speck in the distance going past the winning post is Worm shaped. Not a lot you can do when the guy holding your forward line together all season stumbles at the final hurdle. Never trust Norf is the moral I suppose. All the injuries this week deserve a stewards inquiry, but so far the only people listening are the ivermectin crazies so I don't think that'll get anywhere. :p

Official congrats tomorrow, James, but it looks all over, I don't think we'll even get to 1300 (caveat: haven't tallied scores myself), so Sunday will be a 4th quarter encore celebration. :thumbsu:

• Like Like x 1
  13. James84

Heading into the final quarter Mole Creek lead 10/1030 to Walpole's 10/797

Mole Creek remaining: Laird, Petracca, Ridley, Hind, Darcy
    Walpole remaining: Oliver, Merret, McGrath, Yeo, Darling

• Like Like x 3
  14. thokash

Wow looks like @James84 might be going for a record score 1600+ as well, super impressive.

I hate this game sometimes...last week needed Fritsch to score a measly ~60 for the win and he scores 28, this week 7 goals and 132. Why do I torture myself like this?

• Like Like x 4
  15. TheTassieHawk

Laird 105, Petracca 126 and Clarrie 93 @port_leschenault which makes me it 12/1261 to 11/890, it looks like the bookies are poised to pay out on a likely Mole Creek @James84 victory and the remaining question now is by what margin.

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheTassieHawk

Hind 133, Ridley 108, Merrett 107 and McGrath 48 leaves Mole Creek 14/1502 @James84 to Walpole 13/1045 @port_leschenault heading into the final match of the weekend.

Darcy plus 447 vs Yeo and Darling to come as the Boags is now flowing freely at the ground as well as at the nearby Mole Creek Hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  17. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Dominating display by the Glow Worms! They weren’t going home without that trophy!

• Like Like x 3
  18. thokash

Topped the 1640 from the other week in a GF, crazy stuff @James84! Well done all again for a great finals and great year, I declare I will make one of these "Grand Final" things one day. See you next week in the rep game!

• Like Like x 3
  19. James84

Thanks all, absolutely stunned. Was thinking 1250 would put me in the mix so this score is unbelievable.

I complained about my injuries but @port_leschenault really copped the rough end of the selection stick this week. Well played to his boys on a really strong year.

• Like Like x 5
  20. port_leschenault

Congrats @James84 and Mole Creek
    [​IMG]

You've definitely set the standard now with the way you assembled your list. Scary to imagine how long this reign could go for. Would've liked my players to have scored more and at least made a respectable performance of it but wasn't our week and fair result over the course of the season I think.

Thanks to everyone and especially those that keep the league running.

• Like Like x 6