2021 ORFFF Round 13 (AFL 16)

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Jul 1, 2021.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Mole Creek Glow-Worms vs Rutherglen Fugitives - 1 vs 4, should be a beauty

Jan Juc Ducks (UOC) vs Walpole Woylies - 2 vs 3, and both sides are undefeated since Round 5. I am fairly sure this is the second ever match between 2 sides with winning streaks of 8 (or more) games (the first being NIN vs DDB in Round 9 of season 2016)

Maralinga Atoms vs Mt Thirsty Boozers - 5 vs 7, both teams hoping to make late surge into the top 4
    Heard Island Shags vs Macquarie Island Whales - the red-hot Whales looking to stick in top 4 contention while this is firmly in the must win category for the Shags

Cockburn Avengers vs Neptune Island Noahs
    Wedge Island White Pointers vs Port Lincoln Power
    - the household derby
    Nangkita Bucks vs Drouin Dropbears

Black Swamp 29ers vs Useless Loop Virgins - will the victors remember the team song with the 10 losses in a row 29ers taking on the 9 losses in a row Virgins?

Some mouthwatering and ladder defining matchups. Good luck to all, except to the Virgins.

• Like Like x 2
  2. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

Here's to the Virgin's coaching staff not stuffing it up again!

3. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

I'll make @thokash a deal: he can win this one if I can win the next one :p

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

upload_2021-7-2_20-34-53.png

Avengers ready for the Noahs. or not..

• Like Like x 2
  5. TheTassieHawk

Black Swamp Round 13 (AFL16)

Ballard Wilkie Long Hardwick - Clark
    Bont Viney Daicos Selwood - Lipinski
    McCartin Fogarty Schoenberg JDG - C Brown
    Sinclair - Daniels
    Hayward C Jones - no emg

JDG, Midseason draftee Ben Long, Callum Sinclair and Chayce Jones replace Daniels, O'Connor, Samson Ryan and Shaun Higgins as the football committee decides on 4 changes for their Round 13 lineup for the match with Useless Loop (@YAD69).

Daniels currently sits as ORFFF emergency but will run out in his AFL colours and be a late ORFFF inclusion if Sinclair does not get an early Sunday AFL late callup while another Callum (Brown) is a 29ers emergency named likewise in the AFL for the later Sunday afternoon match.

With our losing streak now at 10 we hope to give this week a red hot crack as the opportunities to remove ourselves from the 2021 wooden spoon position are otherwise rapidly thinning.

6. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

It is possible (at least according to reports coming back from the ground) that Macquarie Island have scrape home in the last few seconds to end on 1336 and claim a 1 point victory over the Shags @anthak who ended up on 1335

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTassieHawk

1075 for the 29ers, we await news of the official scores to see which club has earned a long awaited W @YAD69

8. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

@TheTassieHawk I reckon I might pipped you at the final siren with Zurhaar's performance.

• Like Like x 1
  9. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek sneak home with 1640 (Darcy 193, Dangerfield 184 the notable scorers), Rutherglen's 1446 not quite enough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Wow that's a massive score, congrats @James84 don't think I can catch your points for now!

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTassieHawk

Mole Creek dished up an ORFFF record score in a shootout down in Tassie while Jan Juc outlasted Walpole in the twin top 4 battles of round 13 while Mount Thirsty defeated Maralinga and Macquarie Island defeated Heard Island in the other key results.

Teams 3 (Walpole) through 7 (Maralinga) in a logjam at 9-4 are now assured of finals berths but will be fighting it out for top 4 positions.

Further down Cockburn upset Neptune Island to move to 11th, Port Lincoln won the household derby to record their 2nd consecutive win, Drouin defeated a disappointing/tanking Nangkita side and Useless Loop broke through after 9 losses on the trot to hand the 29ers the 2021 wooden spoon (given their match against the Glow-Worms this week) and their 11th consecutive loss (equal 3rd worst all time).

Despite a points scored disadvantage of 54 points the Shags appear to be marginal favourites to sneak home in 8th, but the Noahs and White Pointers will be doing their all to edge ahead. in their 3 way battle.

The ladder and run home for those trying to keep track (home games in blue).

rd13.png

• Like Like x 7
  12. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Great summary, thanks for that!

13. anthak

Nice win! 5 points in the end.
    I see you got some good scores from a couple of your emergencies!

14. Darran

Darran Well-Known Member

I am enjoying having those emergencies to draw on, suits those fringe players who are often incredibly inconsistent.

It was a great match up, but the whole thing felt lucky in the end, coming down to Hall (118) vs Stephenson (56) and just managing to make up the difference and scrape past. If TTH is right and you make the 8 we could well be having a rematch in a couple of weeks!

15. anthak

Fair enough!
    I mostly haven’t had time to consider loopholing this year, but I’m not against the idea. I’m gonna try a bit the next two weeks to see if I can sneak into the finals.