2023 GWFFPL Round 5

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by Chloe, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

Can you believe that we are already halfway through the season - oh how time flies! We have some interesting match ups this week that can totally shake up this ladder!

Lagos Royals @Peter W (5th) vs Vancouver Vultures @Athos123 (8th)
    The Vultures are still looking for their first win of the season, and the Royals are looking to get back on the wins. Will the Vultures be able to stop the powerhouse that is Ebony Marinoff (who scored 174 last week!)

Stuttgart Storm @Jono Steven (4th) vs Majorca Islanders @TheTassieHawk (3rd)
    Both teams sitting side by side on the ladder with the same amount of points - who will go up the ladder this week? The Islanders have already been hit with the news that key player Tayla Harris will not be playing this week due to hamstring soreness - will they need to find shelter from the Storm?

Kyoto Kruisers @FreoDockers (7th) vs Korean Kickers (6th)
    The K Klash, the Father vs Daughter, who will win the bragging rights!? The Kickers are already off to a rough start with star midfielder Kiara Bowers sitting out this week due to knee soreness - can the Kruisers make the most of this opportunity?

Darmstadt Dynamos @WillH_VI (2nd) vs Lima Llamas @hoschke118 (1s)
    The Llamas are on a roll this year with a team that just can't seem to be beat! Will the Dynamos be able to conquer them on their home turf? Only 31 scoring points separate these two teams on the ladder - this is sure to be a close one!

------ Round lockout is the WB vs St Kilda Friday night match -------

Good luck everyone, and enjoy the Grand Final on Saturday!

• Like Like x 3
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

3. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

The Kruisers team is ready to go against the Kickers for the annual K Kup!

Def: Hannah Priest, Charlie Thomas, Lauren Butler (Madi Scanlon)
    Ruck: Alice Edmonds (Lauren Wakfer)
    Mids: Bri Davey, Amy McDonald, Mimi Hill, Maddy Prespakis (Sofia Hurley(
    Fwds: Daria Bannister, Dana East, Issy Huntington (Shanae Davison)
    IC: Jasmin Fleming, Claudia Whitfort (Alison Drennan)

In: Lauren Butler, Daria Bannister Out: Ebony Antonio, Madi Scanlon

Last edited: Sep 29, 2023
  4. TheTassieHawk

5. Athos123

Athos123 Active Member

Hey I had updated my team earlier today around lunch and it has not gone through and am currently trying to change players and am unable to alter anything about my team. Apologies for the repeated inconvenience, my struggles with the webpage seem to be making me the leagues problem child.

My intended team was:

Def: Evans, Kearney, Smith (Charlton sub)
    Ruck: Bella, (Lakay sub) (missed that there was a thursday night game this week)
    Mids: Miller, Charlton, Dowrick, Egan (Smith sub)
    Forwards: Hore, Phillips, Randall (Shierlaw sub)
    Interchange: Cain, Lambert (Hodder sub).

I think my issues are a combination of some sketchy internet at work, but also I seem to just have problems making the webpage do what I want.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TheTassieHawk

I will take a look later and do my best to reflect the above mate !

• Like Like x 1
  7. Athos123

Athos123 Active Member

I would appreciate it, I'm not trying to beat people, I just want you guys to know I am putting in the time, making an effort and picking a side.

• Like Like x 2
  8. TheTassieHawk

Unofficial scores early in the second half have the Islanders leading but trailing on averages 9/699 to the Storm 6/490 @Jono Steven

Stuttgart has a half dozen players in the next 3 games and will be looking to build a lead for Danielle Ponter to capitalise on as she battles the Majorca trio of D'Arcy, Hatchard and Stanton in the final match of Sunday's AFLW action.

9. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

It looks like Dad takes the K Kup from daughter (sorry @Chloe). My buy next time we catch up haha
    Kruisers 903 (Priest 120, Prespakis 119, Edmonds 105) and the Kickers 877 (Moody 98, King 96, Paxman 87)

Last edited: Oct 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  10. TheTassieHawk

The Storm @Jono Steven have held on to win by an unofficial score of 1008 to 994.

• Like Like x 1
  11. hoschke118

hoschke118 Active Member

The Llamas (881) can't keep the streak going and Darmstadt (993) defeat them. Another close one for Lagos (937), I have them winning by a point against Vancouver (936).

• Like Like x 3
  12. Jono Steven

Jono Steven Active Member

Close one mate, had me on edge all weekend! Unlucky to cop a loss given you seem to have the 2nd highest score of the round

• Like Like x 1
  13. TheTassieHawk

Round 5 winners in the 2023 Premier League were Lagos by 1, Stuttgart by 27, Kyoto by 89 and Darmstadt by 114 - with Stuttgart high scoring with 1021 and Korea low scoring with 877.

The top 3 have posted a 4-1 start to season 2023 while the Islanders at 3-2 sit a game ahead of Lagos and Kyoto as each of the remaining 3 rounds provides clutch games that are sure to shape the finals race.

A reminder that delists are due by 5pm Melbourne time on Tuesday and the midseason draft then commences at 915pm Melbourne time on Wednesday night.

• Like Like x 1