2024 Site Rollover

Discussion in 'AFL' started by insider, Feb 24, 2024.

1. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Tooserious has now been rolled to 2024. Hail to the chief @walesy

There are a few gems that still need polishing, such as the individual calculation pages, but these will be sorted by the big dog in the coming days.
    Don't despair however, there's still plenty of meat on the bones for everyone from ORF'ers to regular punters!

@TheTassieHawk the Tom Lynch issue should be resolved. I've merged players and renamed to remove the duplicate tag. I will email a copy of the players db for you to add DOBs and draft positions to your hearts content.

Please feel free to use this thread if there are any dramas, otherwise enjoy.

Go those Roos for the '24 flag! Surely a certainty :spoton: ;)

• Like Like x 6
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Thanks so much @insider and @walesy this should make delist, trade and draft time so much easier in the ORFF* competitions.

Regarding age calcs it is the age calcs for the 600 or so existing players that would be the most useful from my perspective as age calcs for these players helps to sort current team/s and free agent lists by age in TSstats, for example HIS in the ORFFF as at Round 0 last year (2023)

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...c&year=2023&round=0&comp=SC&tsLeagueTeamId=62

I know from the weekly women's rollovers there is a script that updates the database ages for the women's database and a similar one would also be run on the men's comp pre-season as well as in-season, it is definitely "nice to have" rather than essential so if it can be done prior to opening round that's great otherwise via the weekly rollovers it will be happening prior to the MSD where it is also very helpful.
    agescript.PNG

When entering dob's for the new players I usually do this direct to/from the backend TS db, starting with all ruck eligible and the first 20 or so players in the national draft, then later on adding every ORFFF draftee pre round 1 so they are all rising star eligible if meeting the age criteria. Having done the rucks and top 20 last night, the remainder will be done sometime post opening round.

• Like Like x 2