A Defensive Issue

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Jul 16, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

2 weeks ago I thought I did my final trades and brought in Carazzo and Hibberd for Sam Shaw and Burgoyne. My planning has been thrown into disarray after Hibberd's injury. Also, I have Broughton who really needs to be traded as his breakeven is close to 150 and he will probably be dropped anyway.

I would like to trade them both but only have 4 trades. I will have wasted 2 on Hibberd when, if I kept Shaw, I could have scored a total of 80 more points.

I have a few options (I will have $704 200 in the bank by trading the two players);

Option 1: Upgrade/downgrade; this would involve me trying to get someone like an Adcock but it leaves me with only $267 000 to get someone

Option 2: I break the one rule of supercoach and that is sideways trading; with this I would look at getting a Chris Yarran and someone like James Frawley/Jack Grimes/Harry O'Brien

Option 3: Another sideways-ish trade where I would get a Jackson Trengrove/Luke McGuane and Scott Thompson(NM)/Alex Rance/Bachar Houli

Option 4: Don't trade at all and cop a possible 2 donuts

My other major problem is that they are taking up my final Defensive spots so these players will be on the field.

I would really like to get Jarrod Harbrow or Dyson Heppell as a PoD however I don't know what other player I would try and get.

I understand that this is a bit of a read (more so than my other posts) however anyone's input would be great.
    If there is another player that you guys may suggest that would be taken into consideration.

Thanks in advance....in a bit of defensive trouble (much like the Tigers!)

* I already have BJ, Lids, Shaw, Birch and Carrots

2. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Heppell is definitely a good option, he is good for 80-90 every week. Definitely a tough decision you have just like mine.

Shame that Broughton has dropped so much and Yarran gone up by so much...your almost a week too late.

If you stick with Broughton (I am probably doing the same) how much $$ do you have when trading out Hibberd?

Jack Grimes is also another smoky, just pray he doesn't knock himself out.

IMO I'd hope Broughton doesn't get dropped (Freo play GWS this week), and trade Hibberd to Yarran. Unless you can afford Heppell or Dempster, then pick one of those.

3. TigersTooTough

Dons, unfortunately I have very little in the kitty so can't even afford to straight swap Hibberd to Yarran. I am really reluctant to stick with Broughton, even if he doesn't get dropped. If only I had a little more money....

Sorry to be pushing the point a bit here but below are a few names that could be okay for selection. If you guys could help put a line through any of them that'd be great...

Matt Maguire $351 900 avg 79 (85 except for a match where he got injured and scored 5)
    Scott Thompson $372 300 avg 85
    Rance $374 900 avg 88
    Jackson Trengrove $316 800 avg 74

4. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

If Broughton is named this week, definitely hold him.

I know his BE is high, but Freo play GWS and compared to those players you just listed, Broughton is no better or worse than those...so you would be wasting a trade.

Maguire and Grimes are huge risks, Malceski is one to look at but a risk also.

For price range your struggling, I'd have a look at Firrito from North and Mcguane from the tigers.

Why has Mcguane only played two games? He's another massive risk that could pay off.

Since any pick at that price is a huge risk, go for players with rock solid JS - Firrito, Harry O etc

5. TigersTooTough

McGuane is an option- he has been injured for a lot of the year but has played some VFL too. Harry O and Maxwell intrigue me to say the least but to be honest, I still have no idea.