Ablett 2-3 weeks away

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, May 2, 2012.

1. Credmi

Credmi New Member

Although the Ablett injury has forced all his "owners" to make difficult decisons in relation to our SC teams, I think we should all be glad that he didn't have his foot firmly planted upon impact. That would've ruled him out for 12 months or so & we all would've been denied, for a prolonged period, the opportunity to watch the little master do what he does best, play footy. I'd rather the enjoyment of watching him play again this year, whenever that is, than any trivial achievements my SC team may or may not enjoy.

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Credmi on May 2, 2012, 14:08
    Although the Ablett injury has forced all his "owners" to make difficult decisons in relation to our SC teams, I think we should all be glad that he didn't have his foot firmly planted upon impact. That would've ruled him out for 12 months or so & we all would've been denied, for a prolonged period, the opportunity to watch the little master do what he does best, play footy. I'd rather the enjoyment of watching him play again this year, whenever that is, than any trivial achievements my SC team may or may not enjoy. </blockquote>

This x 100.

As with Fyfe's injury, watching the good players go down (champs like Ablett, great youngsters like Fyfe) is sad.

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

@NumberWonG-uns, I don't think so, having 4 premiums on the same line with the same bye is something that I am planning on avoiding at all costs. Also factor in that Kennedy has never been an elite before, whilst he is well on the way in becoming one, and I can see him averaging 115 for the rest of the season, there is a chance that he wont handle the extra attention that he will surely be getting. Personally, I reckon he is a ripper and will be getting him in, however there is a risk.

You could get creative with mpps to cover the 4 rnd 12 byes in the midfield however I'd imagine you will need rnd 12 coverage across the other lines, the forward line specifically.

4. Dun1

Dun1 Member

If you burnt trades to get him either stick with him or trade him out for good.
    If you started with him, trade him out, then back in later.

5. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

Im biting the bullet this week and trading Gaz out for JPK but its not a concern to me to bring him back in at a later date as i have &#36;650k left due to some downgrades over the past couple of weeks. Having quite a bad run this year with injuries and some rookies that did not shine out of the nab but pfft nevermind its all about the fun of this game.

6. Moblets

Moblets New Member

hold..no point wasting two trades because he comes back in at some point. shiels, mcdonald, mager providing enough cover in the interim.

7. Das Phoenix

Das Phoenix Guest

Well it appears that those who traded GAJ last week were the winners.Obviously the longer you hold off on such a trade the less beneficial it becomes.

I reckon GAJ could possibly make himself redundant. Many teams who traded him out may well find that his replacement/s are doing a good enough job to make a trade back in unnecessary.

Disappointed GAJ mislead us with his tweets of how minor his injury was,and how he would be back sooner rather than later...doesn't he realise SC'ers worship him and take his word as Gospel :) .

8. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

@super - god deigns to speak to us regardless of what we can understand,
    (thats why he gets injured)

9. Credmi

Credmi New Member

I reckon GAJ could possibly make himself redundant. Many teams who traded him out may well find that his replacement/s are doing a good enough job to make a trade back in unnecessary.
    Wait a second 4 me to put my tongue in my cheek... OK ready now
    Redundant? Trading him back in unnecessary? Is that anyway to talk about the one & only permacaptain? It's looking like having him once he returns may become the biggest POD in the history of SC. :)