Almost finished my team

Discussion in 'AFL' started by rbat, Jun 22, 2012.

1. jesters

jesters New Member

Cheers for the help guys :D

2. cavalah

cavalah New Member

Thanks for the reply rbat, I am sitting 1st in all 4 of my leagues, but I am a bit ambitious and chasing for the that damn car (Pretty unlikely but you never know) so that's why I was thinking if I should do the trade........ Really tempted to put Zorko on instead of Martin, is anyone thinking about the same thing as me??

3. tmq

tmq New Member

Hi guys,

I started my first season flying, but am now struggling a bit. I'm 7th on ladder, 8 trades left. team looks like:

B: Goddard,Deledio, Broughton,Lake, Ellis, Clarke, Bugg, (S.Shaw, Darley)
    M: Ablett, Thompson, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Hayes, Priddis,(Magner, Gibson)
    R: Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Jenkins)
    F: Franklin, Sidebottom, Danger, Pavlich, Cloke, Martin, M.Wright (Milera, D.Smith)

I've 180k in the bank.

Defence is obviously a problem, but with no good downgrade options, I think i need to trade some rucks first?
    My forwards and mids are better, but do I need to trade Milera/Smith to get some more money?

Picking the upgrades is easy enough, but I'm not sure if there's a optimum order or method of trades.... I don't want to waste them if i've only 8!

4. OstrichPilot

OstrichPilot New Member

Hi all,7 Trades and $89100. looking to finalize team next week.
    D: Deledio, Goddard, M.Johnson, S.Thompson, Adcock, Birchall, H.Shaw Int: M.Clarke, J.Paine
    M: Watson, Pendles, J.Selwood, S.Selwood, A.Swallow, Adams. Int: Sexton, S.Gibson.
    R: Jacobs, Giles Int: Orren, Redden.
    F: Franklin, Martin, S.Johnson, sidebottom, Dangerfield, Cloke, Zorko. Int: Dickson, B Smedts

So my options are- 1) don’t trade Giles and get Ablett next week. Leaves 5 trades (needs Dickson to hit his Break even of 34)

2) Trade Giles and Clarke this week, so I can make 2 trades next week- Gaining Ablett and a better ruck. Leaves 3 trades
    3) Trade Giles next week, and get Thompson, swan , Dal Santo, rockliff or mitchell(never getting ablett) this week. Leaving 4 trades.
    If anyone's got a rookie defender that's cheap my ears are open too?

TMQ- I reckon you probably need to look at an upgrade in your backline- Probably use you 180k to turn Clarke into another premium.

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from tmq on June 28, 2012, 22:16
    Hi guys,

I started my first season flying, but am now struggling a bit. I'm 7th on ladder, 8 trades left. team looks like:

B: Goddard,Deledio, Broughton,Lake, Ellis, Clarke, Bugg, (S.Shaw, Darley)
    M: Ablett, Thompson, Pendlebury, Mitchell, Hayes, Priddis,(Magner, Gibson)
    R: Kruezer, Giles (Redden, Jenkins)
    F: Franklin, Sidebottom, Danger, Pavlich, Cloke, Martin, M.Wright (Milera, D.Smith)

I've 180k in the bank.

Defence is obviously a problem, but with no good downgrade options, I think i need to trade some rucks first?
    My forwards and mids are better, but do I need to trade Milera/Smith to get some more money?

Picking the upgrades is easy enough, but I'm not sure if there's a optimum order or method of trades.... I don't want to waste them if i've only 8!</blockquote>

TMQ - you are doing well for your first year !

Be aware you trades will be handy when players are rested pre-finals (which might be round 19 or durign the Sc finals).

If you are safe in the 8 I would hold onto your trades for as long as possible (maybe using 2-4 in rds 18-19 so you have 4-6 for finals).

If you are fighting for a spot in the 8 work out which games are the must wins, don't trade the weeks you should win and lose easily.

Others might suggest burining trades if making top 4 is a possibility but I have previulsy found that its stil possible to win from 5th-8th if you have enough trades in hand.

I agree your Defence is where I woudl look next, if you trade beofre Shaw/Darley have mooed then upgrades of Clarke/Ellis/Bugg would make sense !

6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from OstrichPilot on June 29, 2012, 15:28
    Hi all,7 Trades and &#36;89100. looking to finalize team next week.
    D: Deledio, Goddard, M.Johnson, S.Thompson, Adcock, Birchall, H.Shaw Int: M.Clarke, J.Paine
    M: Watson, Pendles, J.Selwood, S.Selwood, A.Swallow, Adams. Int: Sexton, S.Gibson.
    R: Jacobs, Giles Int: Orren, Redden.
    F: Franklin, Martin, S.Johnson, sidebottom, Dangerfield, Cloke, Zorko. Int: Dickson, B Smedts

So my options are- 1) don’t trade Giles and get Ablett next week. Leaves 5 trades (needs Dickson to hit his Break even of 34)

2) Trade Giles and Clarke this week, so I can make 2 trades next week- Gaining Ablett and a better ruck. Leaves 3 trades
    3) Trade Giles next week, and get Thompson, swan , Dal Santo, rockliff or mitchell(never getting ablett) this week. Leaving 4 trades.
    If anyone's got a rookie defender that's cheap my ears are open too?

TMQ- I reckon you probably need to look at an upgrade in your backline- Probably use you 180k to turn Clarke into another premium.
    </blockquote>

@ O.P. - reckon option 1 is the way to go. Ablett improves your team by 70ppg avg (60 better than Adams and 10 better than your current cpatinacy options). Giles - R1 improves your team by perhaps 25ppg!
    5 trades in hand from rd 15 will mean you can respond to any injuries, suspensions or resting later on.

7. tmq

tmq New Member

Thanks guys... might get rid of redden to get enough cash to upgrade one of the backs to carazzo.

8. NC1975

NC1975 New Member

Round 15 podcast up now on www.aflaftermath.com.au - check out Wolfie's Wagers while you're there.

9. Mincho

Mincho New Member

Ok a little help on what to do?
    &#36;18k in bank and have 5 trades left

D: Waters, Goddard, Deledio, Scotland, Lake, Carrazo, S Shaw, S. Int: Ellis, Darley.
    M: Swan, Pendles, Stanton, Kennedy, Thompson, Priddis. Int: Zorko, M Williams.
    R: Giles, Nic nat. Int: Orren, Redden.
    F: Franklin, Martin, Johnson, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Chapman, Pavlich. Int: Cloke, Crozier

Any ideas?
    Only 1 trade left this week as I put in carrots

10. bigbadbunks

bigbadbunks Member

Yep, put Martin into the mids for Zorko and put Cloke on field so you have cover if Buddy drops out. Maybe trade Crozier out, and I'd say bring Gibson in using the MPP switch but that would undermine what I just suggested.