Any soccer fans in WA?

Discussion in 'Soccer' started by anthak, Jun 26, 2011.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    I have just started a job, and we need 1 more person that lives near to mandura.

Well you don't have to live near there, just be prepared to go and watch the Mandura City home games in the west state premier league.

What it is in simple terms: you go to the game and someone in a call centre calls you. You are on the phhone to them for the whole game - telling them all significant things that are happening. The call centre person inputs the data into a program that works out the stats for the match. And just team stats, you don't need to know any of the players names, just which team is home and which is away.

I have not worked at a game yet, and was originally going to wait until I had done before posting this; but I know they are looking for someone to do mandura games, and wanted to let the TS community know before they find someone.

There are 6 of us already doing games, but only 3 are regular.

You can work as much or as little as you want. They send out a fixture list every week and you nominate any matches you want to go to. You need to pay travel and entry costs, and get paid approx $75 each match.

I think entry fee to matches is really cheap and possibly free anyway - but I haven't been able to confirm that; if anyone actually knows how much entry is, I would like to know.

If you want to know more about it, just ask here and I'll try and answer.
    Or add me as a friend, and send me a pm.

If anyone is interested, I'll hook you up with the employer.

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Love to get paid watching sport but defs in the wrong state

3. anthak

Yeah fez, sounds pretty good. I can't wait to give it a crack!

It's going on in Vic too, but got no idea if they need people, but I am sure they need people to do the Mandura City home games here in WA.

4. anthak

On my way home from my first match - a 1nil win to inglewood over Perth sc.

Was a lot of fun. I made 1 mistake that I know of, but it wasn't a biggie. So I'm not worried about it.

Overall it was good. Got to watch a good game of soccer and got paid for it!

You actually do get to watch too, even though your almost constantly updating the status of the game, you can still watch it as a fan - if that makes sense.

My next game is a friendly on Tuesday night between Perth glory and the WA state team. Looking forward to it. Entry is only $1 too!

Found out today that entry to WA Premier league is $8 or $4 concession. So still leaves about $70 pay left over :D

If there is anyone in WA interested, let me know and I'll hook you up. I know they are still looking for someone - to do the mandura home games particularly.

5. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from Fez on June 26, 2011, 14:03
    Love to get paid watching sport but defs in the wrong state</blockquote>

They ended up finding someone in WA, but I found out that they need someone who lives near to dandenong or springvale in Vic - if anyone is interested, let me know.