Attention ORFFolk.

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Feb 17, 2016.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Walesy - is it possible to be able to filter the stats page by the ORFF* Free agents, please?
    We can filter by each team, so can you please add the free agents option (assuming its not too difficult)?
    Thanks mate! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  2. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Annoyingly, it suprisingly difficult to fit into the generic query build that I've got there.

It builds itself up inclusively, so adding on an exclusion gets ugly.

Will have a swing at it though.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JPK

Thanks mate.

Is it possible to have an extra checkbox for "all players" and then deselect players in each of the ORFF* teams?
    Basically kind of like filtering by position. The default is all positions, but if I want to search for all except defenders, I just uncheck the "def" option.
    I don't know - I'm no computer genius!

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@JPK

I created an ORFFF Free agents "watchlist" manually in the My Teans page preseason from the Free Agents list and this allows me to filter on the stats page well enough. if one person per league does so they can "export to csv" and provide to the rest of the league prior to each draft.

• Like Like x 1
  5. JPK

Thats definitely a viable option - good suggestion. Thanks ;)

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@walesy - any chance that the ladders in the tsLeagues section could show a longer number of previous win/loss record than just the past two games? Looks like there is more than enough width in the table to show perhaps the last 5 W/L results.

7. walesy

Yeah, it's meant to be more. Forgot that that one was on my list!

I'll add some debugging code for the next rollover which should let me get to the bottom of it.

(My test environment is a bit bunk at the moment)

8. TheTassieHawk

Hey ORFF folks, including @jp and @walesy

I have been mucking around for an hour in Excel because I think it should be pretty easy to track running scores for ORFF* teams throughout a round, which would increase my interest, and possibly others and decrease my impatient refreshing of the site on a Sunday night to check other results.

Ideally I would like to trial my spreadsheet myself during in Round 12 and get others to test a refined version on their ORFF* games in Round 16, 17 and 18 in order to identify and iron out any bugs. If all goes well it would be good to have it in place for Round 19 and the ORFF* finals unless of course there is a better and easier way to do things.

As I would like to avoid manual copy/pasting and data manipulation or macro button pressing wherever possible I have a few questions that some others with more technical aptitude than myself may be able to answer.

Firstly HOW CAN ORFF* TEAMS 16/18 FOR 1 OR MORE LEAGUES BE EASILY EXPORTED TO CSV OR A SPREADSHEET ONCE LOCKOUT OR A PARTIAL LOCKOUT HAS STARTED?

Secondly HOW CAN SC GAME SCORES BE EASILY "SCRAPED" AND UPLOADED TO A SPREADSHEET DURING A ROUND ?

Thirdly HOW CAN ORFF* PROGRESS AND FINAL GAME SCORES BE EASILY "RE-UPLOADED" FROM THE SPREADSHEET TO TOO SERIOUS DURING A ROUND.

Fourthly IS IT FEASIBLE FOR THE SPREADSHEET IN STEPS 1 TO 3 TO AVOIDED AND HAVE TOO SERIOUS GRAB AND CALCULATE PROGRESS AND FINAL SCORES FROM THE GAME SCORES ON THE SUPERCOACH SITE DURING A ROUND WITHOUT MUCH IN THE WAY OF MANUAL INTERVENTION.

And if anyone wants to take a look at my current spready and collaborate then by all means give me a hoy with your email address by PM.

Cheers TTH

9. walesy

If we had an answer to #2, that would go a long way to solving everything! :D

I'll have a think about it, though if it involved a button on the league page that reads "update matchday" or something, and people are happy to occationally presss said button, I reckon we can work something out. :D

10. TheTassieHawk

@Simonoz might be dead keen to press the button. If not I reckon the spreadsheet option would be 2-5 minutes per game.

11. walesy

Cool- alright, I 'll check it out this weekend- make sure I can access everything I need to. :D

• Like Like x 2
  12. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Find a way to copy and paste from somewhere like footywire and make sure your spreadsheet pulls the scores into the correct place. Not a website solution.

13. TheTassieHawk

@walesy - my personal preference would be to show the top 5 or 6 in the Rising Star rather than the top 10, and also to show the top 15-20 in the Brownlow rather than the top 10, not sure whether or not others would concur

also is it possible to have an "export Brownlow" function so we can see all the votes tallied for each player who polls ?

14. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Personally I find it very slightly vexing that both show only the top 10, but love it way more than seeing none :)

15. walesy

Yeah, reckon I can get an export in there!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

@walesy

Sorry mate, but noticed a bug and thought I'd bring it to your attention.

Is seems that all 12 clubs are considered to be in equal 1st position according to the ladder:
    Capture.JPG

Given that my mob are actually two games clear at the top of the table, giving everyone a share of equal first is a bit out there.

17. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Looks good to me :p

18. walesy

That bug was around ages ago! Thought I put something in for it a while back- might have accidently lost it though- I'll check it out.

19. JPK

@Jason shuuut uuup - its the same in all leagues, and we're all happy being equal top!!! (atleast I am when I'm really outside the 8!)

20. walesy

There's no losers in the ORFF. We're all #1!

• Like Like x 1