B.Lake

Discussion in 'AFL' started by yt, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from stkildathunda on March 25, 2012, 22:07
    Lake currently sits in D7 for me at moment, thats how awesome my side is!!</blockquote>

Methinks you are missing too many defensive rookie bargains SKT.

2. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Lake is my only mid-priced player, I've got him at D4 and have stacked my D5 to D9s with rookies, thus I have him penciled in tentatively as a potential keeper. I've seen enough of him in the pre-season to be adequately content in taking the risk on him at D4. If he doesn't meet premium expectations, I'll consider him a longer term cash cow whose higher price buys job security and higher consistent scoring than the rookies available. It is a risk worth taking imo as Lake has the runs on the board and there usually is always one underpriced, former premium that regains his premium/almost premium status a season after injury and/or poor form (Petrie last season, Malceski in 2010, McIntosh in 2009 for example). Eventually I plan on Lake ending up as my final premium at D7 if it all works out.

The Dog's Hawthorn style gameplan could also see him up his uncontested possession and uncontested marking numbers which to me is an attractive proposition.