Bench or Start

Discussion in 'AFL' started by GeneralHodge, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Strawney

Strawney New Member

So if you had to choose out of Libba or Swallow to be on the field and to be emergency who would you pick?

At the moment due to the iffy feeling I have over Libba being a sub I'm going with Swallow. I would say that both can potentially produce similar scores but Swallow will always be on a losing team. We know the winning players get higher scores.

2. spud

spud New Member

With the doggies/GC game likely to be over at quarter time, and potentially out to a 100pt margin by the time a player does get subbed off, so long as Libba starts and has a hand in getting the doggies out to that sort of lead, even if he is subbed off for a break during the 3rd he should score fine.

What will be difficult is if he starts as the sub as I can't imagine too many points would be up for grabs in the last quarter or so.

I say stick the best 7 blokes you have who are playing, on the field this week. If they get subbed, thems the breaks. More often than not it will pay off.

3. Strawney

Strawney New Member

Thanks for the feedback Spud. Only thing I think is with Swallow you're safe and with Libba its not 100%. If everyone goes Libba and his subbed and I have him I wont be out much anyway. But if his subbed off and I have Swallow on it would work as a POD for me.

To be honest playing your best team hasn't proven to be the best option. So far I've been hit by Selwood, Hayes, Lower and Krak.

If Libba's young body got injured in a rubbish game like the Suns they wouldn't be very happy. To me it would make sense to rest him a bit in this blow out game.

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

Voice of reason Spud.

5. Fez

Fez Moderator

Spud - pick the best 7 blokes, damm on the money there, but it's the best 6 in the mids.

People worrying about subs and who and who wont be will give them headaches, currently im worried Joel Selwood will go get himself injured again

6. hippy

hippy New Member

krakwhore or harris on the bench? tough call.

7. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

@hippy

Have the same dilemma. Leaning towards starting Harris, Libba and Foley with Krakwhore, Curnow and Irons on bench. Still undecided though?

8. hippy

hippy New Member

Yeah, I'm unsure about Krak.

Prob starting Harris and Libba with Krak, Swallow and Irons on the pine.

Just reckon those two will get more ball. And Krak could get subbed for Davis.

9. Thunda

Thunda New Member

Just back tracking for a sec.

With the pies/blues game, I don't see the pies tagging to many blues, so I think the blues will get thier share of the ball.

Out of Duigan, Lower and Otten, you could have Otten on the pine with Duigan and Lower to run the game out.

10. hippy

hippy New Member

Having said that, Krak could tear it up and score 130.
    And Libba's on the bench - he could be sub. But I doubt it. I imagine repeat of last week. Brisbane/GC - as bad as each other.

11. hippy

hippy New Member

Oh yeah, and I keep picking the wrong emergencies every week. Maybe I shouldn't smoke Krak.

12. Thunda

Thunda New Member

I wouldn't put it pass Malthouse to sub Krak, he still has concerns about his ability to run out a match. Lets hope he smashes it before he is subbed off.

13. Thunda

Thunda New Member

LOL Hippy.

14. Albertonflyers

Albertonflyers New Member

Hippy, you just talked me into it. Just put The Krak back in for Harris. As Spud said earlier, put your best seven on field. If there was no sub, would be Krak every time. Surely he wont cop a sub three weeks in a row....

15. GeneralHodge

GeneralHodge New Member

My problem this week is Swallow or Harris?

16. guesswork

guesswork Member

AFL website says Lester of Brisbane has long term foot injury. Seen no talk here or anywhee else on that. Considering the byes and those of us that have him may be using him for cover, thought I'd mention it.

17. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

duigan, toy, lower, otten, smith. two have to sit on the pine. thoughts?

18. Fez

Fez Moderator

My only dilema this round is who to start in the midfield. Have to start 3 and bench 3

on the field atm is Heppell, Curnow and Pittard bench is Swallow Harris and Liiba.

I only have Pittard on as he's playing GC, worried about Heppell as he's got the pies but Libba is traveling West what is everyones thoughts??

19. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Still a bit early before teams come out, but like you Fez my hands are tied on all lines except MID due to the multi-bye situation.

I'm starting Swallow, Krakouer and one of Prestia, Bewick or Harris. Leaning towards Harris at the moment.

20. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

do teams come out today or thursday?