Best Buys - Round 6

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Apr 27, 2016.

By tipbetpro on Apr 27, 2016 at 4:53 PM
  1. tipbetpro

tipbetpro Active Member

So we’ve done our NRL tips for the week (http://www.tipbetpro.com/#!current-round/kzu9o – quite successful last week … loved that multi!), and turned our focus to scanning through the SC stats from tooserious to look for some bargains.

So as I said, this week we will look at replacing Fyfe who was no doubt in a lot of teams.
    Now obvious choices would be either Ablett or Dangerfield, but both of them are now in 50%+ teams so I’m leaving them out of the equation.

At the start of the year we at TipBetPro had this player’s club falling from grace, but not this player.
    He has been a quality player for a few years now, but has never been an absolute gun, but this year with an average of 125, I’m backing him to have made that leap.
    At a price under 600k (582k to be exact), you won’t find better bang for your buck than Mr Luke Parker.
    And with games against Brisbane and Essendon coming up there is no better time to buy than now.

Again, the format below is:
    POSITION Name (CLUB) – current price (expected increase) – AVERAGE

DEFENDERS
    Rookies:

DEF Thomas Lee (STK) - 124k (+42k) - AVG=67 (on the bubble)
    DEF Josh Wagner (MEL) - 183k (+41k) - AVG=70 (no longer on the bubble, but still under 200k and has improved with every week)
    DEF Ciaran Byrne (CAR) - 185k (+34k) - AVG=70 (no longer on the bubble, but still under 200k and may be worth a look)
    DEF Darcy Byrne-Jones (PTA) - 208k (+54k) - AVG=87 (no longer on the bubble, and just over 200k – would have been a great pick up last week)
    Keepers:
    DEF Heath Shaw (GWS) - 553k (-11k) - AVG=98 (could still go down a little bit this week, but may have turned the corner and has dropped 55k from his starting price).

Midfielders
    Rookies:

MID Josh Dunkley (WBD) - 117k (+24k) - AVG=47 (we could be waiting a while for Dunkley, however he continues to impress at VFL level to keep his name in front of selectors)
    MID Jade Gresham (STK) - 144k (+12k) - AVG=41 (didn’t play last week and average is poor but a strong chance to be selected this week following 31 disposals at VFL level last round)
    Keepers:
    (these next players are all other possible Fyfe replacements)
    MID David Zaharakis (ESS) - 514k (+6k) - AVG=115
    MID Callan Ward (GWS) - 578k (-2k) - AVG=115
    MID Steele Sidebottom (COL) - 579k (+14k) - AVG=122
    MID Luke PARKER (SYD) - 582k (-1k) - AVG=125
    MID Sam Mitchell (HAW) - 597k (-3k) - AVG=120
    MID Gary Ablett (GCS) - 620k (-14k) - AVG=121
    MID Daniel Hannebery (SYD) - 620k (-4k) - AVG=118
    MID Patrick Dangerfield (GEE) - 651k (-9k) - AVG=128

Rucks
    Keepers:

RUC Max GAWN (MEL) - 621k (+5k) - AVG=123 (this guy is going to be a regular here – get used to him)
    RUC Todd Goldstein (NTH) - 689k (-13k) - AVG=128 (and so is this guy)

Forwards
    Rookies:

M/F Jayden Short (RIC) - 117k (+26k) - AVG=49 (if he plays he’ll be on the bubble – but then what will his JS be like anyway?)
    M/F Liam Sumner (CAR) - 124k (+16k) - AVG=41 (may be under the pump at the selection table following two quiet games)
    FWD Tim O’Brien (HAW) - 124k (+36k) - AVG=61 (in the side for now but job security with Schoenmakers and Roughead to return is dubious)
    FWD Jayden Hunt (MEL) - 124k (+21k) - AVG=46 (may be under the pump with Petracca dominating in the VFL)
    FWD Nicholas Kommer (ESS) - 124k (+10k) - AVG=35 (unlikely to be in the selection frame)
    FWD Conor McKenna (ESS) - 190k (+5k) - AVG=43 (shown some signs the Irishman but under pressure from Crowley and J Merrett)
    FWD Eli Templeton (STK) - 196k (+1k) - AVG=40 (may have fallen behind Gresham as next cab off the rank for the Saints)

Keepers:
    M/F Jarryd LYONS (ADE) - 299k (+28k) - AVG=90 (a dreaded mid-ranger … but could be a cheap keeper)
    M/F Aaron Hall (GCS) - 539k (-1k) - AVG=118 (originally he was here because he was cheap – now he is here because he is a gun)
    M/F Dayne Zorko (BRL) - 567k (0k) - AVG=120 (few players from Brisbane can be called guns, is Zorko one of them?)
    FWD Jarrad Waite (NTH) - 575k (+6k) - AVG=130 (am I the only one still waiting for Waite to fail?)

Still a week away:
    DEF Darcy Tucker (FRE) - 117k - AVG=67 (with Freo’s woes players like Tucker may get a few opportunities)
    MID Josh Smith (COL) - 102k - AVG=72 (could be a good downgrade target next week if you have a cash cow ready)
    MID Marc Murphy (CAR) - 441k (-15k) - AVG=82 (has dropped over 100k, but got a 100+ score last week, wait a week and see if plays well again – or was it just because he was playing Freo?)
    R/F Mason Cox (COL) - 117k - AVG=75 (a great story and another possible downgrade target next week if you have a cash cow ready)
    RUC Sam GRIMLEY (ESS) - 124k - AVG=52 (will be a possible cheap ruck option if needed – although Cox is cheaper and as DPP)
    RUC Daniel Currie (GCS) - 163k - AVG=61 (will be a possible cheap ruck option if needed – although Cox is cheaper and as DPP)
    R/M Mark Blicavs (GEE) - 532k (-16k) - AVG=104
    FWD Dougal Howard (PTA) - 124k - AVG=61 (didn’t play last week, so maybe be waiting a while)
    FWD Peter Wright (GCS) - 187k - AVG=142 (142 is not a bad start – lets watch another week)

So that’s Best Buys for this week.

Good luck to all with your trades and hopefully some wins on the weekend. For all your trade discussion feel free to join us in the comments section below.

Cheers

http://www.tipbetpro.com/ - your statistically tested guide to tipping and betting on AFL and NRL

• Like Like x 6

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by tipbetpro, Apr 27, 2016.

1. Len
      Len
      Lee appears irresistible, hoping to not have to trade beyond that..
      What odds would I have got on tipping all 9 games last week?
      Not much of a punter these days, but curious too see what I didn't win with my massive $10 :p
    2. CJ92
      CJ92
      Buyer beware of Lee. He took Roberton's spot who could be back soon and Goddard is starting to hit form in the reserves. Not sure why people rate his job security.
      Having said that, if he's got enough he'll play, but he certainly hasn't been setting the world on fire
      • Like Like x 1
    3. Len
      Len
      Agreed on why he is in, but he is playing well, as a sainter, if they dropped him now in this form I'd be pissed..
    4. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      Lee is looking good - and lucky you not having Fyfe.

Wow you tipped Carlton? Nice work - they alone paid $6...
      Your $10 would have netted you $1,481.50 based on last Thursday night's odds.
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      Thank you for the article. I dont see a lot of tempting rookie options this week apart from maybe Tom Lee. There does look like there could well be a few next week though and with only 2 trades allowed a week might be worth considering bringing in a player like cox, tucker, p.wright etc a week early?

At this stage im looking at punting dea and benken. If i brought in lee or tucker that would give me up 527k to get the best premium i can on any of the lines. I dont know why but im not totally sold on zaharakis. It could be because the bombers will get thrashed most weeks & i already have enough essendon players in my squad, although they are cash cows. I cant afford selwood, pendlebury or hall that id like to get but have been considering toby greene who is only 458k. I would be interested to know peoples thoughts on whether he his worth the punt? He has a low BE this week is cheap because of two 50's scores but has smashed out two really good scores the past two weeks which hopefully means he is playing that half forward role well. Scores this year are 51, 120, 52, 112 & 129. I guess the big question is what is going to be the norm going forward the 50s or the 100s?
    6. CJ92
      CJ92
      I agree he's shown something, but isn't Roberton and automatic inclusion? Dempster and Fisher aren't gonna come out of the side, that leaves Lee. Cameron kicked a lot of goals on him last week.
    7. CJ92
      CJ92
      I'll tell you what saw Greene last week against the Saints and he was pretty amazing. If he'd kicked straight at goal he could have had 150 easy, he was everywhere. But they might not have big wins every week, haha
      • Like Like x 2
    8. Len
      Len
      Neither Fisher nor Dempster are playing awesome and aren't part of the saints next flag team. Suspect Lee is safe as long as he plays well
    9. Shagga05
      Shagga05
      I'm not sold on the bubble rookies this week, if you missed last week's rookies and need cash then it may be your only option. I think upgrades are the go if you can. In my opinion best price and good BE players this week are,
      Boyd
      Docherty
      Sloane
      Selwood
      Pendle
      • Like Like x 3
    10. CJ92
      CJ92
      Not really sure how Dempster and Fisher could play much better to be honest.
    11. Len
      Len
    12. benny01
      benny01
      Keys and Petracca to get a game this week. looks like a double downgrade in 2 weeks
      • Like Like x 3
    13. choppers
      • Like Like x 1
    14. traviso
      traviso
      Stef martin to solve the zack smith problem? Or still another week for him to shake off the concussion?

R Gray, B Houli and Josh Gibson as other cheap upgrade targets on the way down?
    15. That KI Guy
      That KI Guy
      Throw in Simpson at BE 61. Under $500K and avg 100. Solid history.
      • Like Like x 2
    16. Len
      Len
      I went Smith to Gold a couple of weeks ago, if you can get him to Martin it feels like a solid improvement.
      I'd stay clear of RGray unless you have him already, odds on for a suspension in the next few weeks based on his high dickhead factor in the last two games.
      • Like Like x 2
    17. GaryReal
      GaryReal
      Forget lee, he'll be out of the side within a few weeks, surely.
      In comparison, Darcy Tucker next week a much better buy and scorer - all class, GBirchall-like.
      The week later we'll all get Petracar and maybe Ben's keys.
      Time your trades to draw as much extra cash out of rookies as you can.
      (IMO)
      • Like Like x 6
    18. pollypies
      pollypies
      Suspect there won't be much in it, in terms of points at the end of the season but I am tossing up between Sam Mitchel or Luke Parker to replace Fyfe. Everyone seems to be going for Parker. Sydney seem to be in better form than the Hawks but Mitchel seems to be a beacon in the Hawks midfield, whereas Parker is one of several elite mids for the Swans. Vote time! Would be happy to hear any logic on who has chosen Mitchel or Parker. I'm 60/40 towards Mitchell at this point.
      :1:Mitchell
      :2:Parker
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 10
      • Option 1 Option 1 x 1
    19. tipbetpro
      tipbetpro
      It was a coin toss between Parker and Mitchell this week for Buy of the Week.
      I went with Parker, but only because I think there is slightly more risk of Mitchell getting injured or managed - but that's just me being wary of players over 30 (Mitchell is 33).
      No reason to suspect an injury at this stage though.
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 2