Beta-4 Players Decision

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by YAD69, Jan 18, 2016.

1. YAD69

YAD69 Moderator Staff Member

With the extraordinary situation that is the Beta-4 suspensions for season 2016 I thought I better make a decision prior to the recommencement of ORFFU’s trading period so that coaches have a clear picture of how ORFFU will be dealing with it.

I have completed my own analysis of the impact this will have in ORFFU.
    There are 8 teams affected, 5 of which only have 1 Beta-4 player, the other 3 teams have 2, 3 & 4 Beta-4 players (refer player list below).:

M.Hibberd - Ararat
    A.Monfries -Christmas Island
    D.Heppell - Christmas Island
    C.Hooker - Coolgardie
    J.Melksham - King Island
    B.Howlett - Nuytsland
    J.Carlisle - Packenham
    J.Watson - Packenham
    S.Crameri - Packenham
    T.Bellchambers - Packenham
    D.Myers - Southern Cross
    M.Hurley - Southern Cross
    P.Ryder - Southern Cross
    B.Stanton - Staghorn Flat

How will the suspension impact the best 15 in each of the teams affected? All bar 2 teams are impacted in a similarly way to a season ending injury and therefore nothing will be done, it will be business as usual. However, Packenham & Southern Cross are affect the greatest by this situation with multiple player impact and it is viewed by the Commissioner as an extreme impact to their team structure.

A one-time offer from the Commission to these 2 teams only, that they can choose one Beta-4 player only that they can delist and that Beta-4 player will be returned to their team at the end of the 2016 season. The Top Up Player must be delisted at the end of the season and placed back into the pool of players. Their Top Up Player must be held for the entire 2016 season; they cannot be delisted or traded during the year at all regardless of whatever happens to that Top Up Player (e.g. injury).

Once a Beta-4 player is chosen for this offer the Beta-4 player cannot be traded, this offer is for the 2 teams the Commissioner has selected above only.

The drafting of the Top Up Player will occur after the completion of the 1st round of the PSD. If they do not make their pick within the draft timeframes, they will lose this offer and will retain their chosen Beta-4 player.

The offer is open until Tuesday night 19/01/16 at 10pm AEST, you must post your chosen one in this thread. There will be no extension of time, no second chances. If the offer is not excepted or a post is not received in the timeframe allowed, then it will be business as usually.

YAD
    Commissioner

• Like Like x 5
  2. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

Sounds good boss.
    I will graciously take up your generous offer regarding my affected Beta-4 players for season 2016.
    I appreciate your efforts and your willingness to make this work for all. Much appreciated
    Thanks

3. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Thanks for the offer but I'm just going to wear it; I think I've got sufficient cover and I was never going to win the flag this year. I knew there was a risk when I drafted these guys, albeit I didn't expect it to be a full season. I wouldn't feel right pushing in line at the draft when it was my decision to grab the players. If anything it may push me up the draft order in 2017 .

• Like Like x 6
  4. bryzza

bryzza Well-Known Member

Yad, does Packenham have to recruit from the same line as he drops IE, Watson is a mid so he then has to choose a mid to replace?

5. YAD69

No, just player for player.

6. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

Sounds fair enough to me, I suppose. Good luck to those picking extra players (or only Pakenham, as it looks like Southern Cross won't be taking up the offer - very noble).

Now, how can we stop Essendon from being able to select extra players as a reward for cheating!?!?!

7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Looks like there maybe a bit of confusion here. The Commish stated....

"A one-time offer from the Commission to these 2 teams only, that they can choose one Beta-4 player only that they can delist and that Beta-4 player will be returned to their team at the end of the 2016 season".

I read that as only being able to top up 1 player per team. However there is a suggestion out there that its one player for each Beta-4 player in the said team.....
    over to you Commish........a clarification is needed.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  8. JPK

Chops, if you're referring to me, I'm not confused, I used "players" as plural because it was two teams... S.C. don't want to take advantage of the opportunity, so as I see it now, its only "player" singular. Sorry...

• Like Like x 1
  9. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

No mate I wasn't referring to you and welcome back. Happy new year and all that stuff.

10. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

the confusion is mine I think mate... or everyone elses... but whats more likely? lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ddsaints

ddsaints Well-Known Member

Jake Carlisle is my chosen player. Thanks

12. YAD69

The offer has now expired, one coach declined and one coach accepted.

Packenham – Accepted the offer and will delisted Jake Carlisle for season 2016 and receive a Top Up Draft pick at the end of round 1 in the PSD 2016.
    Southern Cross – Declined the offer (very noble) and it will be business as usually for EE and his team.

The PSD 2016 order will be updated to include Packenham’s Top Up Player pick.

YAD

Commissioner

13. JPK

As per the above, @ddsaints has delisted Tom Bugg, and has re-instated Jake Carlisle to the Pakenham list - great work in being so organised mate!

As a note for everyone, Tom Bugg is now a free agent and can be picked up in the 2017 PSD. Jake Carlisle is available for trade discussions, if the Parasites so choose.

Lets hope the AFL never has to go through anything like this ever again!

• Like Like x 1
  14. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Yay! I get my players back!!!

• Like Like x 1