BigBash fantasy comp.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by ~walesy, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Looks like we're all in the same boat.
    Whit really annoys the crap out of me is i've got Jaques score sitting on my bench and having to wear that crap from Shah & Birt (C).

But I do know that Doobs from the ORFFL thread said on Twitter that he stack his team with Scorchers & Sixers and looks likely to fly up from a rank of 48 I think he said!!!

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

I stacked with Stars and Hurricanes

Needless to say my side stunk. A first ball duck from Captain Hussey summed up the scoreline.

That said Doobs might be a real chance to win as long as he chose the right players. This round I think you can quite easily make up 200 points on those around you just by having them play the next week.

Captaincy selection for them is going to be crucial.

3. HeavyMen

HeavyMen Well-Known Member

Not sure what constitutes a good score for the semis?

I came up with 464 with Gibbs, Marsh & Navad the stars.
    Jaques on the pine easily beat capt Birt & O Shah combined & also not playing Doherty was a little costly given Krejza score was around 30 less.
    NCN bombed for the first time since he was traded in a few weeks ago AND in yet another dismal rookie error, I had O Shah as vc meaning I have no playing capt or vc next week. Pretty stupid mistake right there. Duoh!!

4. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Did anyone else realize that lockout includes ALL finals matches, so semis and GRAND FINAL....

What a load of rubbish that is.. If i had known that i might have made my team even with players from all 4 clubs.. Now i have about 3 guys playing this week, and no more captain!!

5. Doobs

Doobs Active Member

hahah fuck me dead, so i came 2nd in the end hahaha

So i forgot about changing my team and did it about 20 minutes before lockout on my phone whilst waiting for a movie to start at the cinemas.

Prethought that my only chance to win(and i honestly didnt think i would come that close) was to load up on two teams and then hopefully see them win and go to the gf, also decided an off beat captain choice would be the way to go.

Based my team on sorchers winning everything, and sixers being runners up. Wasnt thinking at the time(rushing like to beat lockout and movie starting) and put in S Marsh so instead got Rohrers 19 though really based on my strat there was no other option other then going for the best from the other two losing teams, and i wouldnt have done that anyway, so Rohrers 19 would have stayed with me regardless.

Have gone ARs for C the whole time but thought that maybe North could be the man to win it all for the Scorchers in at least one game and put it on him. Had i put it on M Marsh i would be the winner haha

But really i didnt think i had a chance, and after Norths score in the first game i didnt follow anything at all for the past week. Just happened to be looking through the TS threads and seen this thread and thought "hey i should check out how i ended up coming".

Keen for next year, and keen to get in on a premier league to snatch the top league spot and money!

6. Gumby

Gumby Active Member

Well done Doobs!

7. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

so near yet so far doobs !

8. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Great effort Doobs.

I gambled on Stars and Hurricanes so obviously my last score was abysmal.

Hussey's -16 as captain just topped things off.

I wasn't all that happy when the emergencies (I chose Scorchers) weren't able to be selected for the second match because the Stars/Hurricanes were already locked in for the finals.

But wow 2nd Doobs that is something to be proud of! I gather you didn't get a round win or anything like that, so it's a bit unfortunate.

9. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Nice work Doobs! Certainly made the most of the "weird" finals scoring in place and it almost paid off!

I scraped into top 300 and our league finished 33rd, not bad for a last minute entry. I reckon if we get a good 8 in early next year and talk strategy we are a good chance.

10. UnderAchievers

UnderAchievers Member

Great work Doobs. Looks like if I had chosen the 2 other teams to win the semis, I would have won the whole thing!
    You must have finished 1st overall in the 'team supported' rankings. I think that means you get 2 season passes to all their home games next year (or something like that). Look forward to playing next year, and yes with the league prizes on offer I think we should get a solid league going.
    Oh and I noticed that 'Bunchalosers' came second in the last round, 2 people who were so close to a good cash prize!
    Well done guys!

11. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Yeah I did shocking as well, would have been an awesome score if Marsh was (c) but I managed to scrape into the top 1000, not too bad for missing two trade weeks.

12. parasite

parasite New Member

Darn it, Mitch Marsh (C) instead of Smith and I would have taken that last weekly prize. Why oh why did Smith not bowl himself in the final? Bastard.