Bring Out Ya Dead! - 2016 PSD Delist Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by That KI Guy, Mar 2, 2016.

1. graeme

graeme Well-Known Member

The Cows de-list Matthew Wright.
    I guess he was half expecting this after being de-listed by Adelaide and not picked by Carlton.

Reason for edit - misspelling of christian name

Last edited: Mar 5, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Having two players suspended for the 2016 season who are rated by the ORFFA Prospectus as being in the best four players at Cradle Mountain made it more difficult for the Devils to decide on who their final delisted player was but after much consideration we have settled on Tyson Goldsack.

Cradle Mountain thank Jay Kennedy-Harris and Goldsack for their performances during their time at the club.

In discussions with Goldsack the match committee were informed that he wanted to settle in one position in 2016, a defender, a decision which Cradle Mountain were understanding of and respected. Of all the players who have represented the Devils Goldsack is the one that we have looked after his welfare the worst. We have thrown him all over the ground, defense, forward, out of position into into the ruck if required, out of the 15 player ORFFA team and into the Tasmanian State League. We have definitely taken Tyson for granted and at least twice gave him wrong or conflicting information on whether he was in the ORFFA team or what position he was playing in. Once we mistakenly named him in two positions which understandably led to confusion, another time we forgot to tell him he was a late inclusion in the team until half an hour before the bounce.

After the way we have treated him we can’t blame Goldsack for wanting some certainty and the opportunity to settle in one position and no longer play in the forward line even if it was a key factor in him being delisted. On informing Goldsack of the decision to delist him he looked relieved, however when coach Dean Andrews said “Tyson, we have a great deal of respect for your work-rate and how selfless you have been during your time at Cradle Mountain, performing whatever role you were assigned and setting a great example to the younger players with your team-first attitude. With our last pick in the pre-season draft we are likely to select an experienced player and you will come into contention if you are still available, so we thought we better check if you would be comfortable in re-joining Cradle Mountain if the cards fell the right way.” Tyson said nothing in response, had a quizzical look on his face, walked quickly to the exit, run to his car and drove out of the Cradle Mountain carpark as quickly as he could. So reading between the lines I think it is safe to assume that Goldsack doesn’t want to return to Cradle Mountain.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Spelunkers delist;

Jack Trengove
    Jonathan Giles
    Thomas Curren

One more to come, maybe 2

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Last delist is Adam Cooney... Tough call and Cale Hooker can find himself lucky.

I reckon Cooney might score well this year with the depleted dons... But so be it

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Wagga Wagga say farewell to:

- Jake Melksham
    - Jobe Watson
    - Matt Jones
    - Mitch Clark
    - Paul Ahern

• Like Like x 1
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Jobe and Ahern would hurt for sure

7. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

Yeah it wasn't an easy decision, but I think it's for the best. Hopefully Ahern can recover well from his injury, I'll be interested to see where he's taken in the upcoming draft.

• Like Like x 1
  8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Late decision by Birdsville to cut a couple more. Not sure why given my shit draft position, but we'll see what happens I guess. :)

Kyle Cheney
    Rohan Bewick

• Like Like x 1