Calendar of Forthcoming ORFFA Events

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by ORFFA_Admin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I wonder if Trifon was related to Van Gogh?

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Len wrote:
    Given the site was down over the weekend I'm not sure if anyone has objections around timing, but with only the one nominee for commish are we happy to call Terry elected and move on to other topics? As long as TiB agrees

3. TerryinBangkok

No one else with a hand up? Okay. This will be my last year.

4. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    No one else with a hand up? Okay. This will be my last year. best make it a good one then :p

5. graeme

graeme Guest

Thanks for taking another year at the helm TiB - now for a bit of succession planning.

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

With that in mind I think we should consider appointing a deputy this year to manage the transition :)

7. TerryinBangkok

Len wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    No one else with a hand up? Okay. This will be my last year. best make it a good one then :p The one that just passed by was not a good one? Or perhaps you wish to raise the bar? @Bandit - we already have two Deputies, both of whom recently assured me they have shined their badges in preparation for an almighty 2015.

8. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Len wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    No one else with a hand up? Okay. This will be my last year. best make it a good one then :p The one that just passed by was not a good one? Or perhaps you wish to raise the bar? @Bandit - we already have two Deputies, both of whom recently assured me they have shined their badges in preparation for an almighty 2015. Raising the bar is always admirable :) And yes we had JC & I as deps last year. I do wonder if the collegiate shouldn't be asked who they want as commish in 2016, and if that isn't JC or I that they should be a 2015 deputy instead?

9. TerryinBangkok

Len wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Len wrote:
    TerryinBangkok wrote:
    No one else with a hand up? Okay. This will be my last year. best make it a good one then :p The one that just passed by was not a good one? Or perhaps you wish to raise the bar? @Bandit - we already have two Deputies, both of whom recently assured me they have shined their badges in preparation for an almighty 2015. Raising the bar is always admirable :) And yes we had JC & I as deps last year. I do wonder if the collegiate shouldn't be asked who they want as commish in 2016, and if that isn't JC or I that they should be a 2015 deputy instead? Keep this up and I will reconsider my offer.

10. Len

I am trying to be good, it's the Misfit in me ;)

11. Len

<p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: none 0% 0% repeat scroll #ffffff;]6 February to 15 March 2015.Pre-Season Trade Period. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: none 0% 0% repeat scroll #ffffff;]<strong style='font-size: 14px;]16 March to 20 March 2015.[/b][span style='font-size: 14px; background-color: #ffffff;]Delistment period. <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: none 0% 0% repeat scroll #ffffff;]21-29 March 2015.Pre-Season Draft. Kicks off at 10am (should be 8pm Snoz time) <p style='color: #000000; margin-bottom: 10px; background: none 0% 0% repeat scroll #ffffff;]30 March 2015.One day, post-draft trade spectacular. 24 hours only! Every new draft pick must go, including Zac!!
    Are we there yet..

12. snoz

snoz Moderator

Agreed...........I'm bored. Need ORFFA back

13. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Agreed...........I'm bored. Need ORFFA back 100% ! I am that much in withdrawal that I am now spending countless hours doing meaningless numbers on the FA that I shall publish in due time so we can all have something FA related to discuss, even if it's simply a case of discussion along the lines of 'Len, you are not a statistician's arsehole and you still can't cut and paste reliably!'

14. snoz

snoz Moderator

Completely understood there Len......I'm thinking I don't have a life, no ORFFA = nothing to do hahaha. Considering this thread is just you & I - does that mean that all the other ORFFA coaches do have lives ? I'll leave the stat work to you - I've been out in the field, hanging at the Jets facility - have pics but TS not allowing me to post sadly. The irony that its the wrong code, and that the Jets stink, is not lost on me however. snoz

15. graeme

graeme Guest

I'll put my hands up in the surrender gesture and admit missing ORFFA life. Why can't we have a pre-xmas draft now? A time of goodwill to all as it were; with some generous deals / gifts?

16. snoz

snoz Moderator

Looking at the events calendar, completely agree.....why don't we extend the trade period. The AFL Drafts are all done, the only thing we don't know is positional changes.....instead of Feb/March for 6 weeks, why not Dec/Jan added to it for those that are bored and want to trade ?

17. graeme

graeme Guest

I am not actually bored sNoZ, I just wish the afl season (and hence the ORFFA season) was a 12 month a year season. I am happy to put the work in, why are they not?

18. snoz

snoz Moderator

Um hi......I'm snoz.....you are........Graeme? :) <p ></br> Coming into winter here, as you lot frolick awayI'll be hibernating, so yeh - would love it if the AFL was 12 months long.

19. graeme

graeme Guest

g'day snoz; yep, me graeme. The board of the Waikicks in their wisdom decided we needed a slightly more mature coach and were kind enough to offer me the choices of being more mature or shipping out. I chose the former and marked the occasion by jettisoning an old handle and reverting to my real name. Our players are being asked to undertake a similar process of changing their ways and being accountable. For example, Mitch Robinson has renounced pig hunting for accompanying his wife and pushing the baby stroller. Nat Fyfe has promised a no-suspension year and more output. It is all very positive here. To be honest snoz, I am not sure if this new age approach is going to work (the Club, me, Nat or Mitch) but after the disappointments of the last two years everyone here in Bulls is willing to give the new approach a crack. BTW, I am working on a recipe for low fat silverside but that is not going well.

20. G-Train

G-Train Member

G'day.