Calendar of Forthcoming ORFFA Events

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by ORFFA_Admin, Aug 25, 2012.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<p class='Quote]TerryinBangkok wrote: <p class='Quote]Midnight 3 June to midnight 12 June 2013 Mid-season Trade Period. <p class='Quote]Midnight, 13 June 2013, de-listments both compulsory and voluntary close. <p class='Quote]6pm (AEST) 14 June 2013, Mid-season Draft commences. <p class='Quote]24 June 2013, Mid-season Draft ends, if not sooner. Is this all correct? I've noticed some other times being mentioned, but this is what I've been working off. Prob worth updating this op if anything has changed.

2. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

That holds to the best of my knowledge

3. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

anthak wrote:
    <p class='Quote]TerryinBangkok wrote: <p class='Quote]Midnight 3 June to midnight 12 June 2013 Mid-season Trade Period. <p class='Quote]Midnight, 13 June 2013, de-listments both compulsory and voluntary close. <p class='Quote]6pm (AEST) 14 June 2013, Mid-season Draft commences. <p class='Quote]24 June 2013, Mid-season Draft ends, if not sooner. Is this all correct? I've noticed some other times being mentioned, but this is what I've been working off. Prob worth updating this op if anything has changed. The timing around delistments and the drafts has altered very slightly to ensure a better process, I didn't actually realise I had made changes so apologies to Terry and all, but they are both slight and required.. The timing for these is detailed in the OP of the relevant thread.

4. anthak

Lenh191 wrote: anthak wrote: <p class='Quote]TerryinBangkok wrote: <p class='Quote]Midnight 3 June to midnight 12 June 2013 Mid-season Trade Period. <p class='Quote]Midnight, 13 June 2013, de-listments both compulsory and voluntary close. <p class='Quote]6pm (AEST) 14 June 2013, Mid-season Draft commences. <p class='Quote]24 June 2013, Mid-season Draft ends, if not sooner. Is this all correct? I've noticed some other times being mentioned, but this is what I've been working off. Prob [span style='font-size: 16px; color: #c0504d;]worth updating this op if anything has changed. The timing around delistments and the drafts has altered very slightly to ensure a better process, I didn't actually realise I had made changes so apologies to Terry and all, but they are both slight and required.. The timing for these is detailed in the OP of the relevant thread.

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Yes boss. I'll get on to it right away. Haven't got anything better to do 'cept break these rocks in the sun. /Portals/0/User%20Images/chain%20gang.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  6. anthak

7. Bandit

OK, the action starts in 'Coupla days' (Con The Fruiterer,showing my age here)

8. Bandit

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    31 August-2 September 2012: Final ORFFA Round for Season 2012. 3 September 2012: Mad Monday at Foul Bay. 3 September 2012: Call for nominations for ORFFA Commissioner (provided X doesn't suddenly return from his rock). 7 September 2012: Nominations close. 8-9 September 2012: Elections. 10 September 2012: Announcement of office bearers and tasks for 2013. 11-16 September 2012: Open discussion, followed by vote on ORFFA rules (e.g., delistments, etc.). 11-28 September 2012: End of season trade period.24 January - 16 February 2013: Pre-season trade period (SC player positions will be known at this time). 11-16 February Delistment Week. 18 February - 3 March Pre-season Draft. Just want to start a discussion on the end of 13 / start of 14 Season (yeah I know it is early but these things take time). There will likely be some debate around rules, and an end of season trade period... and I want to get my ducks lined up Assumptions: <ul> <li>TiB will hang around as Commish and we are all fine with that</li> <li>There will only be minor (if any) changes to the office bearers</li> <li>All current coaches will want to continue with their teams in 2014</li> </ul>
    if that is the case... are we going to have: <ul> <li>a 2014 rules discussion during the AFL finals period before everyone drops off the radar?</li> <li>an end of season trade period during the same time?</li> </ul>

9. graeme

graeme Guest

I like your thinking Banditto - three trade periods is a great idea; pre-season, mid-season and now post-season! To reflect our hopes, reality and then frustration respectively - oh yes.

10. Bandit

chels wrote:
    I like your thinking Banditto - three trade periods is a great idea; pre-season, mid-season and now post-season! To reflect our hopes, reality and then frustration respectively - oh yes. Just assuming the same process as last year my friend

11. Len

I have a draft rule change I want to propose, but planning to post it up after the last H&A games. Your timing is ideal 3 weeks whilst people are still in the groove to discuss things. We had an end of year trade period last year, then a pre-season one, then the draft, the format worked though I think we should push the draft a little later, we had only one round of NAB before we were picking. Guess it depends on the AFL pre-season format for next also... I personally don't have an issue with any of your presumptions fwiw.

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Lenh191 wrote:
    I have a draft rule change I want to propose, but planning to post it up after the last H&A games. Your timing is ideal 3 weeks whilst people are still in the groove to discuss things. We had an end of year trade period last year, then a pre-season one, then the draft, the format worked though I think we should push the draft a little later, we had only one round of NAB before we were picking. Guess it depends on the AFL pre-season format for next also... I personally don't have an issue with any of your presumptions fwiw. What is the draft rule change? May as well tell us now or may it bring in 'tanking'... hahahaha

13. anthak

The people of Gariwerd are happy with your assumptions and proposals, Bandit.

14. Bandit

I'm not so sure that an end of season trade period is a good thing... As players positional eligibility can change after you may have traded them in/out.
    is everyone still keen to have one and it is a stiff shit reply if you get shafted post trade? I'm fine with it but don't want sour grapes if the D/M you traded drops back to a defender only...

15. J_C

J_C Guest

We all know enough to understand that positions are subject to change from year to year I'd have thought, so 'buyer beware' really.
    That's if we have an end of season trade period, of course.

16. Len

JC wrote:
    We all know enough to understand that positions are subject to change from year to year I'd have thought, so 'buyer beware' really.
    That's if we have an end of season trade period, of course.

+1

17. G-Train

G-Train Member

I recall someone getting caught out with an unexpected retirement also.

18. TerryinBangkok

Philosoraptor wrote:
    I recall someone getting caught out with an unexpected retirement also. Please don't retire PRap, I am just starting to understand enough to appreciate your sense of humour.

19. TerryinBangkok

Also my wee camel kissing friend, you are not obligated to participate in any post-season draft. I usually give them a wide berth for the reasons you have stated, but appreciate it is like Christmas come early for Fitzy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Bandit

Just to bring it up to the top of the list (I am not saying bump... oh shit I just said it) All in the OP, but in case you don't want to go back 3 pages
    <table id='tblPostBody47926' width='100%' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='0' align='left' border='0' style='margin: 0px 0px 10px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 14px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; line-height: 16px;] <tbody style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;] <tr style='margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent;] <td align='left' valign='top' style='padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: middle; background-color: transparent; margin: 0px !important; width: 100%;] <div id='spBody' class='Forum_Normal' style='font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent; color: #000000;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Hopefully, this will become the OP. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Have been asked (nudge, nudge) to declare my hand, so here is the calendar for the remainder of 2013: <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]9-11 August 2013.[/b]Final ORFFA Round for Season 2013. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]12 August 2013.[/b]Mad Monday (chels points out this is an individual club thing). <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]16 August - 1 September 2013.[/b]ORFFA Finals. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]2-6 September 2013.[/b]Call for nominations for ORFFA Commissioner. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]7-8 September 2013.[/b]Elections. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]9 September 2013.[/b]Announcement of office bearers and tasks for 2014. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]10-15 September 2013.[/b]Open discussion [new threads by topic please, pasting across previous discussion if relevant] followed by vote on ORFFA Rules (e.g., delistments, etc.). <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]<strong style='font-size: 12px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]10-29 September 2013.[/b]End of season trade period (how many pippies for Zac?).