Captain's loophole for bye rounds

Discussion in 'AFL' started by choppers, Jun 7, 2013.

1. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the Captain's loophole for the next 3 rounds. I know that only your top 18 scores from the 22 on the field count towards your final score. My question is: Can you place the 'C' on any player who does not play, but is in your 22. Obviously he scores 0, but if you have 18 players who score, will your VC score double? I would think the answer is YES, but I'm not certain. Can anyone help with an answer?

2. Tomster

Tomster Well-Known Member

Players with the bye are not locked out at all throughout the weekend, right up until the final match. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think they will get locked out during this match (pies demons this week). So yes, the answer is YES you can use the captain's loophole this weekened

3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

choppers wrote:
    I'm not sure about the Captain's loophole for the next 3 rounds. I know that only your top 18 scores from the 22 on the field count towards your final score. My question is: Can you place the 'C' on any player who does not play, but is in your 22. Obviously he scores 0, but if you have 18 players who score, will your VC score double? I would think the answer is YES, but I'm not certain. Can anyone help with an answer? defintely a yes choppers - anthak queried this about a month ago - not sure where he posted the reply from SC admin !