Captain for round 8, tough week to choose!

Discussion in 'AFL' started by b_frazer5, May 10, 2011.

1. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

<blockquote>Quote from hippy on May 11, 2011, 07:31
    Pendlebury averages 10ppg more. He also outscores Swan 5-3. So unless Pendlebury's getting the tag, he's getting the C.
    </blockquote>

im just suggesting that logically.. at the end of the year, swan may very well not be in the top 3 with guys like watson and boyd running amok, and he has to contend with pendles who is getting better and better (which does kind of suck for all us non-collingwood supporters).

while swan has produced 3 massive scores (against below par teams pta, north and rich) the teams that are looking like they have quality this year to contend for a top 4 potentially have held swan to 104,106 and 108..
    geelong look set to put there best foot forward this weekend so could very well be another 100-110 score, and logically its only a matter of time before taggers analyse swan enough to work out how to shut him down more

if swan keeps producing what looks to be a new trend. and judd now finding his feet, murphey one of the highest scorers as well..
    i can see the line by round 15 "watson perma capt" or "boyd perma capt"

2. Fez

Fez Moderator

Matthew Boyd against the Tigers.

Don't overate the tigers, yes they are better but they have beat North, Brisbane and Freo(havent won at the G since 2007)

3. blankmc

blankmc New Member

thinking jack riewolt vs bulldogs, lake wont play.
    its at edihad so if chance of rain the roof shuts he could kick a bag

4. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Markaninos you mentioned Swan and Murphy in the same sentence.

Come on I'll let you repent for 3 hail mary's

Seriously though I like it that Swan has a bad game and still nails over 100 points. That lack of stuff up potential is something that endears him to me. Any 150-160 is a bonus - and he's given 3 of them this year also!

Three games in which I think he's been in the top 5 SC scorers that week, and was the standout choice for captain.

Not saying I'll go with him this week, but you can see the logic for sticking fat.

My thinking revolves around Adam Goodes. If he plays midfield it could get ugly v Power.

5. WLF

WLF New Member

Watson VS Brisbane.

End of thread :)

6. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

well if i had swan i wouldnt pick him as captain this round.. hes already shown against good sides this year he is failing. i totally agree with WLF on watson.
    sandi is too risky for mine given his against cox who at subi is just as likely against most teams to post a high score.

7. b_frazer5

b_frazer5 New Member

What about jroo against a very week doggies defence. Hes played against 2 of the best fullbacks in last 2 weeks n still gotten 100, 90 odd. He averages 100+ at the dome in a poor tigers side. But now in an improving side with an undersized morris and inexperienced markovic should go well as a pod!

8. soups

soups New Member

Goodes

9. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Watson v Brisbane or Goodes v Port seem like potential 150 scores - worth a punt

10. weazel

weazel Member

will goodes run around or get parked in fwd line

11. hippy

hippy New Member

I'm off cats or pies now. It's likely to be wet (possibly hailing!) and there are a lot of good players to share the points around, so I don't think anyone will dominate. Selwood might get plenty of in and under ball, and heaps of penalties, but...now I'm thinking Pav, Deledio or Goodes. Even if Goodes sits up forward, he could still kick 4 or 5. Tough choice. Wish I had Watson.

12. weedoo

weedoo Guest

What about Scott Thompson at home against the Suns? Averaging 122.25 at AAMI so far this year, and could have a field day against the Suns. Thoughts?

13. hippy

hippy New Member

Nice call Alex. Could be some smokey goodness there.

14. patash

patash New Member

hey guys, i have many choices of captain this week, just dont know which way to go, im deciding between deledio,goddard,priddis,okeefe,goodes,pav,sandi,cox and franklin, my thought are either goodesy, okeefe(smokey) or franklin... any thoughts would be gratelfully apprciated and any left field descions also... cheers

15. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Scott Thompson had a calf problem last week or something didn't he? Be cautious with that one.