Cha Ching.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by westernroy, Aug 5, 2008.

By westernroy on Aug 5, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. westernroy

westernroy New Member

Just a weekly segment for those that are interested how I am going on my quest to win SuperCoach. I gained 140 on the leader this week, much more than the 119 needed, which puts me 444 points away or 111 per week. I actually lost ground on the top 10, only needing 33 points per week before this round, but now has been pushed out to 183 or 46 per week and a simliar result for winning the Geelong supports group needing 180 or 45 per week.

Keep reading for some awesome stats.

<!--more-->
    That made me think, which players will I need to score big to improve on my ranking. So, I went through the top 23 teams and count with teams have which of my players and came back with these results, with the % of teams that have them in the top 23.

22. Johno Browndawg (100%)
    21. Dean Cox (100%)
    20. Matthew Pavlova (96%)
    19. Buddy Franklin (96%)
    18. Heath Shaw (87%)
    17. Nicky Riewoldt (83%)
    16. Jimmy Bartel (78%)
    15. Ryan OKeefe (73%)
    14. Marty Mattner (73%)
    13. Linds Gilbee (65%)
    12. Troy Simmonds (61%)
    11. Nicky Stevens (61%)
    10. Dan Cross (57%)
    9. Nath Bocky (43%)
    8. Chris Judd (39%)
    7. Brett Lids (39%)
    6. Brent Harvey (39%)
    And, the top 5 most important players...
    5. Stiffy Johncock (35%)
    4. Sammy Fisher (30%)
    3. Grant Birchall (26%)
    2. Matty Richoman (22%)

The most important player for my teams chance at $20,000 is...
    1. Scott Thompson (13%)

Some interesting facts that came out of this was that Brown and Cox are the only two players selected in every one of the top 23 sides. Buddy and Shaw despite being dirt cheap are unselected in 1 and 3 sides respectavitly. Those three without Shaw are extremly happy. Three of the top 5 are backmen and will be lifted slighty with all these Shaw trades needing to be made. Troy Simmonds was in half as many sides than I expected and is actually going to play a role in me getting up into the top 10, Sandilands was the probably the 2nd most popular other ruckmen (besides Cox). Johncock returning is going to have a massive impact on my chances. Not quite every side above me had Ablett, but more on that next week when I willl go through the players that I need to score small. Chris Newman would be my guess as the most popular player that I dont have.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by westernroy, Aug 5, 2008.