Changing Role- Is Broughton worth the worries

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Jul 3, 2012.

1. 82asch

82asch New Member

If he is dropped this week and you were going to go sideways - who do people like out of the following:

Yarran, Dempster, Goose, Heppell or maybe even S.Shaw - all these blokes a bit risky I know, but all seem to be hitting the scoreboard or at least look like posting a decent score compared to Broughton.

Any other options for 400K or less?

2. Corks

Corks Member

Surely the time has come? I don't really need to trade, but another $50k drop on the cards and Broughton form falling off a cliff, I just can't see him as a D6/D7 come finals that I was hoping.

@82asch, Heppell an ok call, how about Harbrow? His numbers are actually pretty decent apart from the 40 when he was injured. Only 20k more than Broughton...AND he's not coached by Ross Lyon ;)

Thoughts anyone?

3. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

@corks Yeah I mentioned somewhere else that Harbrow is a definite PoD. He is quick, really agile and he is their best/only rebounder. Sometimes his disposal efficiency is questioned but I reckon he could be gold come finals time; especially if he starts getting into the 100's. Unfortunately I can't afford to get him as I also need to replace Hibberd with minimal cash. Broughton has lost it (although it's not his fault).

I reckon Nick Maxwell could be an interesting choice. In the past he has been known to be a really good scorer (I think he averaged 93 in 2010). He could be a definite Point of Difference as well...

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

Just be careful focussing purely on Points of Difference at this stage of the season...

The reason that they are different to most others is that the are simply not as good! A PoD player is only useful if they pull out scores better than other options.

Surely, by now, most teams will have their structure reasonably well organised. I would think it would be extremely unlikely to find any two teams with EXACTLY the same make-up.

Just pick the best player available at the price you can afford.

Of course, "best" is a term that is different to different people. Some like consistency, whereas others like "potential". The former will have Selwood, Priddis and Cotchin in their sides. The latter? They're likely to have Stanton, Chapman and Rioli. If the cards go your way, either can win, but my money would be on the steadies more weeks than not.

5. Dekka

Dekka Member

Broughton is my POD - meaning I haven't got enough trades left to give him the boot.

6. Corks

Corks Member

<blockquote>Quote from Dekka on July 17, 2012, 20:44
    Broughton is my POD - meaning I haven't got enough trades left to give him the boot.</blockquote>

Yep, I've got Broughton Cloke and Giles as my PoDs, that's three too many. I need a different PoD now, perhaps one who scores more than 50 - now that would be a PoD in my team ATM.

7. 82asch

82asch New Member

Thanks guys, Harbrow certainly worth a look and am strongly considering. On Maxwell, I would be careful as there is not often much pie left after the usual suspects are done.

8. yt

yt New Member

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/142100/default.aspx

apparently he faces a fitness test next week for those wondering