Chris Yarran

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Apr 3, 2011.

1. damnfunky

damnfunky New Member

my plan is to trade out yarran for tapscott. bank the downgrade cash. then at round 8-9 upgrade tapscott to Buddy.

my plan was always to trade out yarran for buddy at some point. tapscott will just make it happen a bit quicker than the other rookies I was going to use! he also looks like he'll score on par with yarran if not more before I do the upgrade.

why did I pick yarran in the first place? I was after a safer, regular scoring mid pricer till I could afford to upgrade with the help of a rookie. plus I'd just watched that doco on him!

doing the tapscott trade means I will now have another rookie cow to moo for another upgrade down the track

of course I'm not trading till tomorrow night.

2. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from Eagle_Eyed on April 6, 2011, 00:56all thats left is to sit back and cheer on Dawes and the pies! Jeez, did I just say that :eek:</blockquote>

Did I read that right Eagle_Eyed, or do I need to get new glasses???
    Surely you only meant to say "sit back and cheer on Dawes" and not the bit after - heaven forbid we start cheering on the pies!!!!

3. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Very clear what Dawes needs to score:

First. Quarter. Goals.

You kick them and with the Pies massively fired up out of the blocks, then you get scaled up.

It only works when the Pies have made the early running, and smack down the opponents before half time, but if you are relying on junk time goals at Collingwood, you have no chance of scoring points.

Dawes seems to be hitting the games early with a few goals in the first quarter, and that more than anything is contributing to his excellent scores.

I think this can continue, sadly for opposition teams, but the way I see it, you can legitimately get him in as a premium in a few weeks time, at a just below premium price, or you can take a larger risk now, and be shown up if he has some quiet starts.

I'm not for risking in the forward line except for Krakouer who thankfully so many others have also, so I can be confident it's not so much of a risk any more.

4. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Surely with Dawes, his strong contested marking is a huge upside as far as SC scoring goes - correct me if i'm wrong there!
    I honestly think the lad has really turned the corner and believes in his ability, which is really standing out atm!!!

5. dazza71

dazza71 New Member

so lucas, is that a thunbs up for dawes? lol

6. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

111, mmm. He's a tricky one. Hope he keeps it up

7. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

If he can maintain a 70-80 averaging for a while he would have served his purpose. I'm just happy he's turned it around from round 1!

8. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

Very happy I kept him in this week. He'll continue to score well IMO. He's good by foot and you can tell that first option for Carlton players in the backline is Yarran - if he's free.

9. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Proved the doubters wrong against the reigning premiers and those who have him have reaped the rewards in his price rising.

Hopefully, this will continue.