COVID19 Whinge Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFU' started by eagle_eyed, Mar 25, 2020.

1. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

Seen an idiot with three trolleys of toilet paper? Maybe someone whose decided to buy all the friggin cat food and stick a big middle finger up to everyone else? Or even better, the people that decided they needed 10 ventolin inhalers because their life is so much more valuable than everyone else’s.

Well chuck it in here, a good vent can do wonders for our mental health.

2. eagle_eyed

eagle_eyed Training the house down!

I’ll have first crack at Gil and his cronies.

How on Wednesday last week can he say the game will go on, there are no dangers if we operate within the governments guidelines and then 3 days later tell us all that COVID19 is the biggest threat to the game in 100 years.

There were players that didn’t want to play for their own and their families health, but money (TV rights) found a way. I get that the consequences were grave, however it was always going to shut the game down. Look at what’s happened in Europe and the States. The biggest leagues in the world, generating billions of dollars globally pulled the pin on their seasons until things improve. But amateur hour in Australia decides that “she’ll be right” we just won’t let anyone come to the matches. Didn’t take long for that attitude to change. Bloody Jeff praises them for making the decision to go ahead and now he praises them for shutting it down. Which one is it Jeff?

Don’t get me wrong, I love my footy, don’t know what I’d do without it (especially seeing as there’d be no ORFFU), but surely some common sense should prevail. Heck, the AFL site started running stories about how 10 people in America took to Twitter after watching a game, like that was some huge win for the league. The world is full of idiots, chances are I am one of them, but there’s nothing like a crisis to bring them out in their droves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

Tell you what, I'm LOVING working from home 5 days a week, saves me 2.5 hours in travel time every day.

BUT, the CEO is one of those carnts stuck in the 90s who, because he's a CEO, thinks his sh!t doesn't stink and everyone has to respect him coz, you know, CEO. Whenever he comes over to our team for a chat (well he's only talking to us because he wants to talk to our GM and he has to look like he's not a social neanderthal) all he talks about is his Maserati, his friends who have big boats (probably compensating for something) and his posh million dollar mansion (also probably compensating for something). He was someone who when he first started working at the company who would walk around the office at 5pm to see who was at their desk and make a mental note of who wasn't. Yet we have flexible working arrangements written into our EBA.

Anyway, had a phone meeting with my manager yesterday who's totally supportive of us as a team working from home for the foreseeable future, no questions asked, no explanation needed. All we have to do is email her in the morning to let her know. Guess who's miffed there's no one in the office and thinks everyone is "overreacting about something that's only affecting a few people". I think this graphic sums him up well.

upload_2020-3-26_20-47-30.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  4. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Not a bad whinge there, @fresh.
    Sometimes it's fun being retired and reading stuff like that, and other times like now.....not so much.
    Being stuck at home is not fun. You can only watch so many movies on youtube........;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. fresh

fresh Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Well if you ever feel like you need a break from youtubing, I'm happy to send you the CEO's mobile number and you can prank him all hours of the day and night :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. choppers

Well it's just gone 7.30pm here, I've had dinner and several Benmores..o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

upload_2020-3-26_19-38-24.jpeg

so now it's time to relax with another movie on youtube...:D:D:D

• Like Like x 3
  7. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

"Last month everyone thought I was a lazy, antisocial, alcoholic prick, and now I'm a law-abiding model citizen"

• Like Like x 7
  8. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

It was a flip of a coin between the Corona thread and the Old Man thread, but a little self indulgent sook:

Nursing a Ciroc and soda, i pondered the armadillo plight thus far this season...
    6 games in, ive had sub-par team entries every round. ignoring the seemingly overnight fringe players (looking at you T McDonald, Gibbs and Wood), the carnage has been:

2019 16th ranked forward Ziebell: played 4, 2 injury affected
    2019 27th ranked forward Edwards: played 5 and who knows when will play again
    2019 7th ranked back Stewart: played 4 with 1 injury affected
    2019 9th ranked midfielder Treloar: played 2

In addition, one bloke has been poked in the eye so bad he cant even get a game for the Demons, another is on reportedly $800k plus for another two years and cant get a game at the Crows, one bloke had bloody brain surgery and is (hopefully not) made of glass, one was close to earning the nickname The Fanta Franchise and he's gone down for longer than (insert favourite innuendo or joke here), ive got a dude whose parents cant spell Bryan, and lastly one of the few blokes i actually enjoy watching play footy as he is a throwback from an era gone by, Rhys Mathieson, also cant break into the Lions lineup.

What a poor state of affairs.

Tell me coaches, what tales of woe can thee share?

Last edited: Jul 16, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  9. choppers

I just noted @HOLKY de-listed 8, so I reckon he might have a tale or two to tell....

• Like Like x 5
  10. HOLKY

HOLKY Moderator

Just needed to update my team.