Crafty's AFL Punt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Crafty Yarni, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

What a season so far!

favourites....where have you gone?

I should thank the pies for making a comeback and holding on but seriously, Saints & Freo???? please explain.

I'm going to try another fav. in WCE. My tipping is bad as it is and a couple of dollars on these games just makes it a little more painful at the moment.

Week 6 / Bet 3: WCE win

Bet: $100
    Odds: $1.80

Balance after bet $717.74

2. Crafty Yarni

week 6 / bet 4:2leg multi - richmond +44.5 / geelong 1-39

Bet $60
    Odds $3.50

good luck guys - still can't believe wce lost

Balance after bet $657.74

3. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Crafty, sorry I put the mozz on your saints bet last week mate. But it would seem your success rate has not improved, unfortunately. Love your commentary, but I fear you may run out of dough in the kitty before the byes start. Good luck moving forward! :)

4. Crafty Yarni

Week 6 summary:

Firsly apologies to all followers for not posting this report before much much sooner. Whether I win or lose I should be prompt with my posts and this won't happen again.

Another week and another loss. Jaenschy, your comments would not be far from the truth if I bet on tilt. No more niceties!. It's about time some of these so called footy teams play as markets suggest. God only knows how the every day tipster and punter is going this year.

The only thing saving me this year is the Nrl as having a good year there due to tipping the non favoured teams between 1-12 points.

As for round 6, I only had the four bets for the one win. it was only after I switched off the wce/carlton game half way through the last where wce looked home 21 points in front I thought I was back in town. an hour later and reading the score on afl.com I thought it was a typo.

I thought my tigers bet was reasonable but didn't realise hardwick forgot how to coach once again. I thought a 44 point head start was enough. even if the tiges got up, it was good to see I got rolled by the cats.

anyway another debarcle of an afl week and the summary is below.

summary:

Week 6:

Bets 4: won 1 lost 3

Balance at the end of week 2 is $657.74

Profit for the week: (-$182)

Percentage increase on bank for the week was (-21.67%)

Total Bets 41: won 17 lost 24

Loss for the year $342.26

5. Crafty Yarni

Round 7.

Looking at the markets and all the faves are very short giving away large head starts at the line.

it's going to be tough to find value with such short price favourites

The pies have been good to me this year and that's where I start off. I think they will win but by under 40 points.

The faves on Saturday arvo should all win but picking the right margin will depend on weather forecast. at this stage I fancy the lions with the 28 point head start and I think the dogs are good value with a 22 point start.

the kangas should beat gary ablett's mob and the cats are having an easy training run against the tiges. memo to myself: do not bet on the geel/rich game.

ross lyon has lost the plot recently and even with barlow in the team, I think wce will win in the west with the supercoach world watching the great ruck battle. ( no knees in kidneys guys, I have you both)

well that's it from me for now and below is my bet to start the round off.

wek 7 / bet 1: Collingwood 1-39

Bet: $50
    Odds: $2.10

w7 / b2: Collingwood 13-24pt lead at half time

Bet: $20
    Odds: $4.40

Balance after bets $587.74

Bets placed 5:35pm Friday

6. Crafty Yarni

Time to see if i can pick another winner.

Hawthorn pulled a massive win but i didn't have the confidence to back them at the line for value. GWS won the line bet as they were giving away a 43.5 start.

As i write this, half time in Adelaide and we are looking at a massive boilover. Only demon fans could have backed them. Bookies will have a massive win there should the dees hold on.

As the Saturday day faves were too short, i think i have found value bets tonight. the doggies are a good bet as they are getting a 21.5 start @ $1.92.

The swans should win but i don't think they will win by more than 40.

Ok, so my bets for tonight are:

week 7 / bet 3: Doggies +21.5

Bet $35
    Odds: $1.92

wk 7 / b4: Swans 1-39pts

Bet $35
    Odds: $2.20

Balance after bets: $622.74

Bets placed 6:00pm Saturday

Good luck punters.

7. Crafty Yarni

Two bets today.

both are $35 bets.

bet 1...north 1-39

Bet 2 wce 1-39

8. Crafty Yarni

Round 7 wrap.

Friday night and 3/4 time and here I was thinking the bookie has taken my $50. watching the last quarter and I was somewhat pleased to see the blues bang on 8 goals in the last. the upset of the round goes to Melbourne and dare I say, most punters had their multi's fall over with that result. I thought wce could be my upset of the round but normality returned to ross lyon and his team.

I copped another loss for the week, but just like the tigers against the cats, it wasn't a terrible loss.

I am taking a somewhat more cautious approach from now on as looking to build the balance back to it's starting point.

summary of the week/year is below;

summary:

Week 7:

Bets 6: won 2 lost 4

Balance at the end of week 7 is $619.94

Profit for the week: (-$37.80)

Percentage increase on bank for the week was (-5.75%)

Total Bets 47: won 19 lost 28

Loss for the year $380.06

9. Crafty Yarni

Week 8 Action:

Bye rounds...well...not fun in supercoach and let's see how much fun i can have with 6 games of footy.

First up we have swans vs hawks. something tells me the swans get up in this one. i can smell another favorite falling over and this is where i see freo getting up over port.

the bombers will beat the lions and the bulldogs should defeat the demons. the wce should trounce gws and carlton will continue the misery for the saints.

good luck in your tipping as i need it as i think walesy's daughter is tipping better than me at this stage.

now for the weekly bets:

week 8 / bet 1: swans 1-39

Bet: $35
    Odds $3.10

w8 / b2: swans 1-8pts 1/4 time lead

Bet: $15
    Odds: $4.70

w8 / b3: freo 1-39 pts

Bet: $35
    Odds $3.10

w8 / b4: essendon 1-39

Bet: $30
    Odds:$2.10

bets placed with sportsbet 6:00pm

balance after bets: $504.94

good luck punters...

10. Crafty Yarni

round 8 continued,

after hitting a couple of winners this week already and holding a profit, i have decided not to place any bets on the afl for the remaining matches.

later in the afternoon today i will post a summary of the round.

at 11pm tonight i am overseas for three weeks in 'the land of the rising sun'.

i will strongly endeavour to post my opinion for the rounds i am away and see if i can have back to back to back profitable weeks.

best of luck to all punters and tipsters and i hope your supercoach teams fire in the bye rounds

11. Crafty Yarni

Week 8 Summary.

If it isn't work getting in the way of prompt tooserious posts, it is being on a break in japan. This time yesterday a 4.3 earthquake rocked Tokyo and being 14 storeys high, you definitely felt the room move sideways.

So in terms of footy, one of my underdogs got up. Swans first quarter set the tone for that match and port grounded out a good win over freo. I have said Lyon is out of sorts and it's hard at the moment knowing which freo turns up on the day.

With the bombers having a good win and putting me I front for the week, I thought it was enough and wait for next week. The faves were too short for my liking on Sunday games and the dees nearly caused another boil over.

Summary:

Bets: 4 won 2 lost 2

Balance at weeks end: $676.44

Profit for the week: $56.50

Percentage increase on bank for the week: 9.11%

Total bets: 51 Won 21 Lost 30

Loss for the year: $323.56

It should be perfect timing to post round 9 initial bets as I'll be on a bullet train from Tokyo to Osaka tomorrow mid day.

I hope our punters out there are having a win and if your not a punter, I hope your tips are treating you right.

12. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Crafty, as it is a bit early for the skiing season up north, I hope your business is successful. Or at least better than your punting. :) As a non punter I should not dis you too much, but I reckon with Jaensch back for the Crows and recovered from his body bump, they could give the pies a bit of a sake (sic).

13. Crafty Yarni

Jaenschy, just as well I was not in a wifi area yesterday as some money would have gone on the pies. Wifi in parts of Osaka is very week. Posting new selections below. By the way, Asahi beer is soo much better here

14. Crafty Yarni

Apologies for simplicity. On a train on Osaka subway and I am a bad one finger typer on iPad.

Week 9 / bet 1: swans 1-39

Bet $35
    Odds $2.10

W9/b2: richmond -31.5

Bet $35
    Odds $1.92

W9/b3: Brisbane +50.5

Bet $25
    Odds $1.92

W9/b4: freo 1-39

Bet $35
    Odds $2.40

Bets placed with sports bet about 20 minutes ago -440pm aest

15. Crafty Yarni

Round 9 continued...

like the tigers of old.......my arse!

Whether it be next week, next month or by years end, hardwick will not be coaching richmond. Pack of misfits coached by a so called coach with no contingency plan. Yes I follow Richmond.

Now make some money. The Saints aren't as bad as what some people think but the gold coast will get up in this one. New bets below.

Week 9 / bet 5: gcoast 1-39 pts

Bet $75
    Odds $2.20

W9 / b6: gcoast 20-39 pts

bet $25
    Odds $4.10

Bets placed 215pm aest.

balance after bets: I think I still have money

16. Crafty Yarni

Round 9 wrap.

Two weeks in a row making a profit and the confidence is somewhat back. We are beginning to see the real Sydney play football and I think the bombers are in a bit of strife. Brisbane found an inform north and the demons under roos played the better game. I have to thank the saints playing a better second half for my last two bets of the round getting up and getting me to profit mode for the week.

As you can tell from a previous post, I am not too happy with richmond. I don't exactly know how much money I have lost on richmond game bets but I can be confident knowing that by removing those bets, I would be running at a profit. Memo to self - do not bet on richmond winning against gws.

Unless I do something stupid or something diabolical happens, I should have money in the bank after the three bye rounds - something that jaenschy was concerned about.

So for the first time this year, I am going for three profit weeks in a row. I'm glad that I entertain some of you with my posts and make others laugh at some of my selections.

Hopefully like last year, I can dominate after the bye rounds - a bit like the performance of Selwood and swan.

So looking forward to round 10 now and even though I am abroad, I will strongly endeavour to post my selections well in advance for people to copy or bet the opposite way. As for tipsters, if I was you I wouldn't be reading to much in my tips as I am far from having a great year there.

Good luck to you all out there and I'll be back Friday mid afternoon.

Also a special mention to tones crows who currently leads the sportsbet afl fantasy by 300 points. Let's all barrack for him and have him maintain his position at years end.

Summary of week 9 & overall:

Bets: 6 won 3 lost 3

Balance at weeks end: $797.94

Profit for the week: $121.50

Percentage increase on bank for the week: 17.96%

Total bets: 57 Won 24 Lost 33

Loss for the year: $202.06

17. Crafty Yarni

Round 10 selections.

Welcome to all and as much as we don't like the bye rounds in supercoach, it has proven to be a good period to make some money on the afl punt.

Ok, so we start with tonight's game and I feel that the cats will be too strong for north. The cats at the line looks to be a lock. Now I don't have any idea what will happen in the tigers/gws game and without any confidence I am placing a fools bet on the tigers at the line.

Collingwood have treated me well on the punt this year, even when I forgot to place a bet on them last week. I feel that they are playing a good brand of football and the line in their favour should be a solid bet. The port/hawks game should be a ripper and I feel the hawks minus a few key players will lose this one.

Gold Coast at home will play well enough to beat the bulldogs and at this stage of thinking, the blues will be the only upset of the round.

Having said all that, here are my bets.

Week 10 / bet 1: Geelong at the line -11.5

Bet: $75
    Odds $1.92

Wk 10 / b2: richmond -19.5

Bet: $25

Wk 10 / b3: Collingwood -20.5

Wk 10 / b4: port 1-39

Odds: $2.20

Wk 10 / b5: Gold Coast 1-39

Odds: $2.25

Bets placed 11:20 east

Balance after bets $547.94

Depending on how initial bets go, I may place more bets before individual games start.

Good luck to all those on the punt and to those who do footy tips.

18. Crafty Yarni

Continuation of round 10.

So far, so good for this week and to have a financial interest in the the game of the week, I thought I'd place a small wager.

Week 10 / bet 6: Carlton +7.5

Bet: $25

Balance after bets*: $522.94

*does not include this weeks results at this stage

19. Crafty Yarni

Round 10 wrap up.

The bye rounds are over and I have to admit...I enjoyed it. Three consecutive weeks making a profit and things are looking good once again.

I wasn't too far off the mark with my two misses but Collingwood would be happy grinding out a hard fought win and gold coast third quarter dashed any hopes I had of them winning between 1-39 points.

It all started when the cats played a solid first half and the north revival in the second half was good enough for me to take the chocolates there. Richmond finally gave their supporters the result they were looking for and further more I won money on them.

With port and hawthorn playing a good game of football, I was happy that port got up in a close one. Carlton was my roughie pick and I didn't have the nerve to back them to win, so I was happy to take them with the 7 point head start and take the money there.

So that's it for another week and all going well, I should be back running at a surplus at the end of the next round.

I hope all you punters out there had some success and for those on the tips, I hope you bagged 6.

See you next week.

Summary of week 10 & overall:

Bets: 6 won 4 lost 2

Balance at weeks end: $872.94

Profit for the week: $75.00

Percentage increase on bank for the week: 9.40%

Total bets: 63 Won 28 Lost 35

Loss for the year: $127.06

20. Crafty Yarni

Round 11 selections

Welcome to all and I am back in Aus. after my mini holiday in Japan.

The games begin tonight with what I think will be the closest match of the round between swans and cats.

Looking at historical data sometimes hinders and sometimes it helps. The cats have won the last three outings - two of which they played as the home team. Interesting to note that the swans at home have lost 5 of their last 6 against the cats.

Reading all this and you would think that the $3.05 on offer for the cats is a great value bet. This is further enhanced by the sportsbet promotion this week whereby, if the team you back leads at the end of any quarter but loses the match, your bet (up to a value of $100) is refunded.

Having said all this, I am jumping on the swans in a closely fought match.

It's too early to post selections for all remaining matches, but I will have a stab at trying to pick the card for the round.

I've been wanting the favourites to dominate and I think this is the round where they will salute - in all but one match. Wait for it......Richmond, they will somehow defeat the bombers. By taking a 9 game multi with a 40% bonus on top of the odds if I pick the card, I'm happy to throw the tigers in the mix.

My initial bets are below:

week 11 / bet 1: swans win

bet: $100
    odds: $1.40

w11 / b2: 9 leg multi all to win - swans / Collingwood / port / carlton / Richmond / Adelaide / fremantle / hawthorn / west coast

bet: $25
    odds: $17.51

balance after bets: $747.94