Crafty's AFL Punt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Crafty Yarni, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

Round 11 selections continued;

So we have had our first game of the week and the swans triumphed with ease. Not the closely fought game i predicted but in the end, my selection was correct.

Looking forward to the remainder of the round and the pies take on the Saints tonight. Collingwood should account for the Saints easily here. It's just a matter of finding some value in the short priced pies. As much as the Demons have improved, the Power have improved twice as much and will give the demons a nice touch up.

Carlton will get the points up north through the dominance of Murphy and co. The Essendon vs Richmond game now on the tote seems to be the match of the round. Three days ago Richmond drifted to $2.40 in the betting but as i write this at 3:30pm aest, they have firmed to $2.15. There is either too many punters with lots of money to lose or some whisper that the Tiges can win back to back. I will back Richmond purely on amusement value on this occasion.

Adelaide will take care of the Gold Coast and i'll make a statement here that Ablett will not have a good game - this will be a Dangerfield domination. Fremantle will play well enough to beat the Bulldogs as they will run out the game better in the second half.

The hawks will make it three 100 point losses in a row for Gws and it will be a goal feast the the hawk forwards - don't discount the fact that Roughead will bag 10. The last game sees North fly west and as much as they are inconsistent with their performances this year, they will prove no match for Wce on this occasion.

So now to the selections below:

week 11 / bet 3: Collingwood -34.5

bet: $50
    odds: $1.51

w11 / b4: port adelaide -36.5

odds: $1.92

w11 / b5: carlton 1-39

odds: $2.15

w11 / b6: richmond -40.5

bet: $25
    odds: $9.00

w11 / b7: richmond -15.5

bet: $25
    odds: $3.50

So that's it for the selections now. I will come back tomorrow or early Sunday with my selections for the Sunday games.

Good luck punters and I hope your supercoach teams go well. Just remember, Ablett as captain will be a poor choice this weekend.

balance after bets: $547.94*

*balance does not include the friday dividend.

Bets placed 3:50pm aest.

2. Crafty Yarni

Round 11 selections continued,

Not a great Saturday for me as Carlton let go of a lead half way through the last and looks like I backed the wrong team to win by more than 40 in the dreamtime game. Rather than rant, let's make some money today.

Will he or won't he play? That's the question on Dangerfield. I believe he will and even if he doesn't, the Crows will beat the Gold Coast. Fremantle will run out the game better against the dogs. The Hawks game and the only interest there is by how much. The Eagles should have a nice ding dong with North and the Nic Nat & Cox combo will prove the difference.

So to the bet:

week 11 / bet 8: 3 leg multi :- Adelaide / Fremantle / WCE

Bet: $150
    Odds : $3.00

Bet placed 11:00am

Balance after bet: $397.94 ( does not include winnings from this week)

Good luck punters.

3. Crafty Yarni

Round 11 continued;

seeing as I am not going to hit my 3 leg multi with north looking at winning I have placed a live bet during the game.

week 11 / bet 9: total game score less than 142.5

bet: $150
    odds: $1.85

bet placed at the end of the 3rd quarter

Balance after bet: $247.94 ( does not include winnings from this week)

4. Crafty Yarni

Round 11 wrap:

Not the week I was hoping for. The week however did start off well as the first two selections came through. Having a revitalised Melbourne turn up in Darwin did me no favours as I missed the line bet there.

Carlton did me no favours succumbing to rubbish football in the second part of the last quarter when they had the run and ascendancy. I offer no excuses for the Richmond selection. As much as I am a supporter, I was hoping for a back to back win and more than likely I was betting with my heart and not my head there.

So I wake up Sunday morning -$110.00 for the week. I think, How do I recover this and I placed a 3 leg multi on three favourites. Life was great as the first two legs come in. All West Coast had to do was to win at home against an enigmatic North. It wasn't to be.

Knowing the bet was at a loss, this is where I found a market on total game points where at the time, in a moment of frustration, I wagered $150 on the game score being less than 142.5 at the end of the 3rd quarter. The bet hits and it minimised my losses for the week.

So at the half way mark of the home and away season, I have lost a quarter of my bank. Not the position I wanted to be in, but I now need to manage my fight back carefully. I look forward to, once again, to next weeks action where I can turn a profit for the week.

That's it for me until next week begins and I hope the punters out there had a better week than me and turned a profit.

Below are the numbers.

Summary of week 11 & overall:

Bets: 9 won 3 lost 6

Balance at weeks end: $740.94

Loss for the week: $132.00

Percentage decrease on bank for the week: 15.12%

Total bets: 72 Won 31 Lost 41

Loss for the year: $259.06

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Some days are diamonds and......

6. Crafty Yarni

Round 12 Selections:

Apologies for not posting sooner today.

Ok, so we come to round 12, the start of the downhill run towards the finals and let's see if I can perform better for the second half of the season.

we kick off tonight with the cats doing enough to beat the blues by less than 40pts. on Saturday, the hawks will beat the eagles and the deciding factor will be the margin. port power will beat the saints but I don't think they will reach the line of 58.5.

then we come to Saturday night and the bulldogs will account for the lions, margin the factor there. Watson and the bombers will have a field day as reality will set back in for GWS.

on sunday we see the swans venture to metricon stadium and on this occasion the suns will lose at home. fremantle will show to much class for Adelaide but the result will be closer than the line bet. the kangas deserve favouritism and will account for Richmond if they want to be considered a finals contender.

the lat game of the round sees the pies taking victory over Melbourne and a percentage boost aswell.

so now to the bets.

week 12 / bet 1:geelong 1-39

odds: $2.25

w12 / b2: hawthorn -31.5

odds:$1.92

w12 / b3: st.kilda +58.5

bet: $35

w12 / b4: bulldogs 1-39

bet: $35
    odds: $2.15

w12 / b5: Essendon -36.5

bet:$35

that's it for the bets for now. depending on the state of play on tonights game I may put a live bet on. same applies to the Saturday games.

my Sunday selections will be posted midday.

good luck to all punters out there and best of luck to your supercoach teams.

Balance at weeks end: $535.94

bets placed 5:16pm aest.

7. Crafty Yarni

week 12 selections continued.

I've hit 2 of 5 selections so far this week and there is no damage, so i'll call that a good thing.

let's see how I can make some money on sunday.

week 12 / bet 6: Sydney half-time/full-time double

bet: $125
    odds: $1.49

w12 / b7: freo half-time / full-time

bet: $100
    odds: $1.46

w12 / b8: Richmond +24.5

bets placed 11:13pm Saturday aest

Balance at weeks end: $260.94 (does not include collects from this week)

8. Crafty Yarni

week 12 selections continued,

'OH WE'RE FROM TIGER, ( CRAPPITY CRAP ) WE'RE FROM TIGER LAND'

good morning all. oh freo, you fell asleep in the second quarter, then you got a pasting by ross and you dominate the second half. bugger, there went $100.

as the collingwood tune is played, sing along!

'GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD FOREVER,
    MAY THEY WIN CRAFTY LOT'S OF MONEY,
    SIDE BY SIDE WE STAND TOGETHER,
    AS WE DOMINATE ALL AREAS OF THE GAME.

WE HEAR CRAFTY SHOUTING,
    SHOUTING FOR A VERY BIG WIN,
    WE RESPOND BY YELLING 'HEY CRAFTY',
    THE BOYS WILL HAVE AN EASY WIN.

week 12 / bet 9:collingwood lead every 1/4 and win

bet: $200
    odds: $1.77

bet placed 10:00am aest

A full summary will be completed at the end of the round.

9. Crafty Yarni

ROUND 12 WRAP.

Back to back weekly losses and it feels a bit sore. Once again I start off the week with a flyer as the first two selections came in -thanks to the Cats and the Hawks.

Then it was the $35 treble dump. Port had a great second half after the saints were neck and neck for the first half. The Western Bulldogs are shite - would have thought at home against a Brisbane team that look ordinary, that I would hit that selection - not to be.

As for the bombers, I would have thought that they could dominate and win easily but when GWS drew within a point in the last quarter, I was actually barracking for an upset seeing as the cash went there.

Then we went to Sunday games and I felt super confident that the swans would dominate all game, which they did and was happy that the half-time / full-time double hit.

As for Freo, they destroyed Adelaide in the second half, but that wasn't enough for me as I needed them to be leading at half-time, which they didn't so down the drain she went.

I am now advocating for the removal of Hardwick as coach. I thought the 24.5 start that Richmond had was a fair bet. 35 points up at half-time and i thought i was home. Well we know what happened there. BYE BYE HARDWICK - YOU MUPPET.

Then we come to my favourite team so far this year - the Pies and i was certain they would run all over Melbourne. That they did, easily doubling their score. The problem I had there was that i needed them to lead at every qaurter, which they didn't and down the drain she went.

So a bit bruised this week and caution went out the window.

The bank is now in the red zone and I'm calling round 13 the 'Going for broke round'

I hope all you punters out there faired better than me as I now look for a band aid and move on.

Speak to you all on Friday.

Summary of week 12 & overall:

Bets: 9 won 3 lost 6

Balance at weeks end: $455.69

Loss for the week: $285.25

Percentage decrease on bank for the week: 38.50% (ouch)

Total bets: 81 Won 34 Lost 47

Loss for the year: $544.31 (absolutely feral)

10. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Crafty, I feel your pain but can't suppress a slight giggle. Sorry mate. Looking for a bandaid? Full body cast more like. :)

11. Crafty Yarni

jaenschy, don't worry, i'm laughing too. time to turn into the comeback kid

12. Crafty Yarni

Round 13 selections.

g'day all. better late than never.

starting off tonight hawthorn will win. late carlton outs outweigh the hawk out and the margin is the only dilemma there. fremantle will beat Richmond even though their mcg record against the tiges is poor.

Sydney will be too strong for port at home and the same can be said for the eagles at home against gold coast.on Saturday night the lions will win at home against gws and Adelaide will account for north.

sunday we see the cats beat the saints even without the late out of selwood. Collingwood will prove to be too strong against the dogs and to round things off, the bombers will beat a boring defensive paul roos unit.

just placing the one bet at the moment. will place other bets later this evening or first thing tomorrow morning.

week 13 / bet 1: hawthorn half-time / full-time

bet: $200
    odds: $1.45

bet placed 6:55pm

good luck to all on the punt.

13. Crafty Yarni

week 13 / bet 2: Richmond +23.5

bet: $45

w13 / b3: swans 1-39

bet: $45
    odds: $2.10

bets placed 00:30am saturday

14. Crafty Yarni

week 13 / bet 4: 2leg multi Adelaide 1-39 / Brisbane 1-39

bet: $40
    odds: $5.16

bet placed 6.19pm aest saturday

15. Crafty Yarni

week 13 / bet 5: geelong -57.5

bet placed 12:43pm aest sunday

week 13 / bet 6: 3 leg multi - geelong 40+ / Collingwood / Essendon

bet:$150
    odds: $2.12

bet placed 12:48pm aest sunday

16. Crafty Yarni

Round 13 wrap:

'If only' - the story of the punt.

I made a profit this week of $36.90. It could have been ten times that if the Pies and Bombers saluted and seeing i lost two legs in my last bet, the pain isn't that bad.

Once again I start the week off to a flyer. The Hawks did give me a scare but they held on against a spirited Carlton. On Saturday the tiges bet (+23.5) was down and out at 3/4 time but somehow they clawed back and kicked a goal after the siren for the bet to get up. The Swans had a nice tussle and that bet hits. 3 from 3 and life is good.

On Saturday night Adelaide did the right thing by me but the other leg in the multi (Brisbane) borrowed Richmond's play manual and played accordingly.

The last bet of the round and I put most of the weeks profit on the line and it became unstuck. Thanks to a weak Collingwood and a chocking finish by the Bombers.

I will do a detailed report on which teams are making me / losing me money this year in my next post by the end of the day.

i hope that the punters out there had a win and I'll speak soon.

Summary of week 13 & overall:

Bets: 6 won 4 lost 2

Balance at weeks end: $492.59

Profit for the week: $36.90

Percentage increase on bank for the week: 8.10%

Total bets: 87 Won 38 Lost 49

Loss for the year: $507.41

17. Crafty Yarni

Folks,

i started doing a spreadsheet for win/losses respective to every team i have backed and after doing results for the first two round i got bored. i will however do homework on my end to see which teams have been good to me on the punt. this report will come later on.

cheers.

18. Crafty Yarni

Good Morning Too Serious,

i know it's not AFL related but need to express my excitement about my last 15 hours.

NSW win in origin into Croatia to beat Cameroon in world cup. $3.03

$200 outlay, $606 collect.

If you see a guy wearing the red/white checkers with a grin, that would be me.

Bring on Mexico - Taco eating F..........s

19. Crafty Yarni

Round 14 selections.

Welcome all and let me see if I can find that form that worked so well in rounds 1 & 2.

We start off tonight with Richmond vs Sydney. I will barrack for the tiges but the money will be sitting on the Swans. After last weeks victory, the Bulldogs will be keen to go two in a row, but I believe the Power will get over the line in this one.

The match of the round is Hawthorn against Collingwood. I believe Hawthorn are too short at the odds and an upset might be on the cards here. Up north, the Cats play against their favourite son and will do enough to record a win.

Essendon doesn't inspire any confidence to the punter and the money will be sitting on the Crows. The $1.67 is very attractive for the Crows. To round things off on Saturday, Fremantle will beat the Lions by a considerable margin if Ross Lyon doesn't play a boring defensive game.

We then come to Sunday and Carlton will beat GWS with ease. Don't even think of an upset here. Carlton should cover the line of 19.5. The Saints are getting scored against too easily over the last two months and I see WCE kicking over 100 points to win comfortably.

The last game of the round should see a very good North unit beat a rejuvenated Melbourne. Hopefully I won't be calling this game the get out stakes. North should cover the start of 21.5 easily.

So there we have it - The opinion of a guy who has currently done have his bank this year. All going well, I should have a big collect this week.

Good luck to all and selections will come at least 2 hours prior to all games bet on. In some instances with rumors of late changes, I will hold off on betting until all starters are confirmed

week 14 / bet 1: Away teams vs Home Teams -1.5

Bet relates to the total difference in points scored between all the home and away teams for round 14.

bet: $100
    odds: $1.88

w14 / bet 2: Swans 1-39

odds: $ 2.20

w14 / bet 3: Collingwood +20.5

Balance at start of round: $492.59

Balance after bets: $292.59

Bets were placed 4:50pm aest

20. Crafty Yarni

week 14 / bet 4: geelong 1-39

odds: $2.20

w14 / bet 5: geelong -14.5

Balance after bets: $192.59 (does not include winning tickets this week)

bets placed 3:55pm saturday aest