Crafty's AFL Punt

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Crafty Yarni, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Crafty Yarni

Crafty Yarni Active Member

week 14 / bet 6: live bet geelong +12.5

bet: $100
    odds $1.88

bet placed 6:43pm sat aest

2. Crafty Yarni

week 14 / bet 7: adelaide 1-39 / freo 40+

bet: $200
    odds: $2.94

bet placed 6.52pm aest sat

3. Crafty Yarni

good morning too serious.

the $1000 afl bank is gone. in my amusing state of mind, i am going to add another $250 to that bank and give it 'one all in hit'. if it loses i am going to rest from the afl punt for a week. if it hits , i continue on.

week 14 / bet 8: carlton / wce -36.5 / north

bet:$250
    odds: $3.42

bet placed 7:25am sun aest

4. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

Crafty, step away from the razor blades mate. :) Whilst I am of the mind of each to their own with regard to punting (it is, after all, your money and what you do with it is your business), your short lived journal could be regarded as a salutary tale. Particularly the last entry where, having lost your bank, you threw in more money in an effort to 'win some back and it will all be ok'.

5. Crafty Yarni

bjaensch wrote:
    Crafty, step away from the razor blades mate. :) Whilst I am of the mind of each to their own with regard to punting (it is, after all, your money and what you do with it is your business), your short lived journal could be regarded as a salutary tale. Particularly the last entry where, having lost your bank, you threw in more money in an effort to 'win some back and it will all be ok'.

I keep jumping back on the horse, but this one keeps wanting to throw me off again.

This is why i bought myself a helmet. i am going to make sure i don't injury my brain if she bucks me off again.

i am going to hold the reigns tight and ride this baby to the finish line.

i've loaded the bank for another run and lets see how we go.

good to see though that there is the odd person out there following my shenanigans..

6. Crafty Yarni

Hello TS community,

Through sheer stupidity or bravery, I am loading the bank again.

I am in for $2000 now.

I will post further information below

7. Crafty Yarni

Round 14 summary.

Hello all. I've just woken up after being knocked out last week. I look like the bloke in the photo that represents TS Knockout Comp.

Just a quick summary. Once again the Friday game brought riches only to be destroyed from that point on. Collingwood who were ok for me on the punt, have turned on me.

The Cats did my absolute head in. Not only was i sitting on a losing bet at 3 quaarter time, I loaded up in a live game to only get smashed further - bastard Cats - well done Ablett's mob.

The bombers 2 leg was a 50/50 and as much as i lost, credit needs to go to the Bombers - thanks Dangerfield, Smith, Sando and every other muppet that wore the Adelaide guernsey that game.

Then we came to Sunday and the 3 leg multi was a disaster with the first leg falling over. It's good to see that there are two coaches currently passing comment that their teams perfomance isn't reflective of their win/loss ratio. I squarley point the finger at Malthouse who joins the ridiculous comments made by Hardwick.

So as a result of the bank going bust, I have loaded the bank again. I am now in for $2,000. I can assure you that the bets i post are legit. If I have any sceptics out there, send me a private message and i will give you a copy of my sportsbet statement.

I hope you punters out there had more fun than me last week.

I will post my selections for round 15 in about 3 hours.

speak then.

Summary of week 14 & overall:

Bets: 8 won 1 lost 7

Balance at weeks end: (-$1,147.41)

Loss for the week: $740.00

Bank busted

Total bets: 95 Won 39 Lost 56

Loss for the year: $1,147.41

8. Crafty Yarni

Round 15 selections:

Someone asked me 'Am I the kiss of death? as they are betting opposite to me and winning money. I said yes, so I hope he does his nuts. What are friends for?

So we see the Cats and the Bombers tonight and the Cats will start fast and be victors in the end.

Hawthorn will do enough against a much improved Gold Coast and Richmond will win against the Saints off Riewoldt's boot on Saturday Afternoon.

The derby will be a good game to watch and Fremantle will continue on their winning way. The Saturday night games will see a win for the Swans against GWS with the ever improving Franklin the main focal point. He will kick 7. North will account for Brisbane and Boomer could pick up plenty of points.

Sunday will see three very good games and results on all three are a toss of the coin. The Bulldogs should do enough against Melbourne, but you just never know. You would think Port should do the job easily but this is their grand final. Crows could get up in a thriller.

The last game of the round also renamed the' do your nuts game' is Malthouse's Blues and the waning Collingwood unit. It would not surprise me if it's a draw but if I had to pick one, it would only be Collingwood due to Pendles brilliance.

So there you have it. Wouldn't it be nice if all my bets came in for one week. I have only tonight's selection below and will post Saturday selections tonight or tomorrow morning.

Good Luck Punters.

Week 15 / Bet 1:Geelong win

Bet: $100
    Odds: $1.40

w15 / b2: Geelong half time / full time

Bet: $60
    Odds: $1.74

w15/ b3: Geelong -4.5 (quarter time)

Bet: $50
    Odds: $1.90

Bets placed 6:10pm aest

Balance after bets: $642.59 (new bank of $2,000)

9. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Hope your luck turns the corner, good luck!

10. Crafty Yarni

Fitzy wrote:
    Hope your luck turns the corner, good luck!

Cheers Fitzy

11. Crafty Yarni

week 15 / bet 4: Kangaroos / Swans - 2 leg multi

Bet: $250
    Odds: $1.22

bet placed 6:13pm sat aest

12. Crafty Yarni

as kamal said' why are people so unkind?'

north Melbourne = bastards

tilt bet

week 15 / bet 5: Collingwood / port Adelaide

bet: $300
    odds: $1.79

bet placed 2:33pm sunday aest

13. weazel

weazel Member

Hey Crafty

Interested in your staking is there a system in place?

14. Crafty Yarni

weazel wrote:
    Hey Crafty

Interested in your staking is there a system in place?

g'day bud.

not so much a system in place.

last bet last week was a tilt betonly because north lost a game they should have won. last bet of $300 was to cover the loss of the previous bet and the bet was in round numbers.

i generally start the week with a $50 or $100 and just take it from there.

15. Crafty Yarni

Round 15 wrap:

Once again life was great after Friday night. 3 bets on the cats and three wins. I was enjoying golf on Saturday arvo and didn't have time to place any bets.

Then comes Saturday night and two favourites looked good on paper at very short odds ( Swans & Kangas). I thought it was money for jam -that is until North played like absolute spastics in the second quarter and couldn't overrun a team of 18 year olds.

So I wake on Sunday and decide to have a crack on the league ladder leaders in the derby into Pies to beat the Blues. Once again the curse struck me as the hungrier Adelaide team took the points.

I can not buy a f.......... trick!

Well that's that for another week and i could have posted an update on Monday but there would have been too many f..............! f............! f............!

Summary of week 15 & overall:

Bets: 5 won 2 lost 3

Loss for the week: $420.60

Total bets: 100 Won 42 Lost 58

Loss for the year: $1,568.01

I hope you punters out there are fairing much better. Time for me to apply for a bookies license!

Round 16 selections to be posted about 4pm today

16. Crafty Yarni

Round 16 selections:

Getting us underway this round is Clarko's Hawks against Harvey's (sooki la la) & Scott's (hypocrite) Kangas. The Hawks will do enough and post a comfortable 5 goal victory.

Saturday sees three games in the afternoon and the Tigers will do what North couldn't do last week and beat Brisbane. Adelaide fly over to NSW and play GWS. As much as Adelaide should win, I have seen funny things happen this year and don't be surprised at an upset here.

The last game in the afternoon sees Collingwood enter Metricon Stadium where a number of teams have become undone. I am slightly biased towards the Pies here as Ablett will be Mcaffered, Trav will bag 5, and Pendles will touch the pill 40 times.

Saturday night will see the defencive nature of Freo beat Melbourne who are on the improve. Port should beat the Bombers and use last weeks game as a wake up call of how to play footy again.

Sunday will see Carlton defeat the Saints as the Saints keep letting the opposition get to 100 points and that's enough for a win there for the Blues. WCE and the Swans will be a corker. History between the two sides results in close matches and this will be no different - WCE in an upset.

The last game has the Cats back at home against the Bulldogs. The Cats midfield should dominate on the back of a return to form for Stevie J.

Well that's the way I see it. good luck to all tipsters and may the punters win a heap of cash this week.

Selections below, with only tonight's game for the time being.

week 16 / bet 1: Hawthorn 1-39

Bet: $100
    Odds: $2.30

w16 / b2: Hawthorn wire to wire

Bet:$75
    Odds: $1.88

bets placed Friday 5:15pm aest

17. Crafty Yarni

well done kangas - wish you did it a week earlier aswell!

week 16 / bet 3: port 1-39

bet: $75
    odds: $2.25

w16 / b4: port 1-39 / freo 1-39

bet: $25
    odds: $4.84

bets placed 6:10pm aest

(as lleyton says 'C'MON'

18. Crafty Yarni

Round 16 wrap (should be wrap up but still going on)

I can't pick my nose at the moment. One minute top teams are flying then they're up to shit the next.

The Kangas decided to play a good brand of footy and Hawthorn through early injuries in that game, never looked like it.

Port are copying Essendon from last year where they dominate the first half of the season and (my favourite saying for now) 'turn to shit' for the second half of the year. There went money on that result. I wasn't disturbed at all that Freo won by more than 40 as the Port 1st leg was shot.

After the first four bets where I was sitting on donuts, I lost interest in trying to recover and pulled the pin on the week. Could of been better or worse - who knows?

Any way, another kiss of death performance by me on the punt and the updated numbers are below.

Summary of week 16 & overall:

Bets: 4 won 0 lost 4

Loss for the week: $275

Total bets: 104 Won 42 Lost 62

Loss for the year: $1,843.01

19. Crafty Yarni

Round 17 selections:

Welcome back to the comedy show. I keep wishing all you punters out there luck but if I can be selfish on this occasion, - can I have half the luck you guys must be having.

Ok, so we start tonight with the game in Adelaide. I have a sneaking suspicion that the Crows will get up in a tight one.

Saturday arvo and we have three games. The Cats should beat Melbourne with the margin the only guessing game. I think the 36.5 start is about fair for this game. The Kangas will beat the Saints and the 58.5 start the Saints are getting could be the tick here. The Bulldogs against a 'non Ablett' Gold Coast will be a close affair, with the underdog getting up - Doggies.

So if I haven't pulled all my hair out by now, I look forward to Saturday night. West Coast should, I mean should beat the Brisbane boys as Brownie isn't having another farewell game. WCE by under 40 here.The Swans take on the Blues at home and their winning ways will continue. Value is hard to find here but the Swans from wire to wire could be the go.

On Sunday and we start off with the Tiges vs Power. As much as I hate the brand of footy Richmond has played this year, I can't put my money on the Power. Tigers 1-39 here. Essendon and Collingwood should be a ding dong and I keep thinking of that movie groundhog day. Zaharakis to kick the winner here. Lastly, I think this is the bet of the round. Freo will destroy GWS and should easily get the line start of 69.5 points.

Ok so I have just jinxed 9 teams and made the supporters of the other 9 happy.

My selections will start with tonight and we will see where it takes me for the week.

Happy Punting.

week 17 / bet 1: Crows 1-39

bet: $20
    odds: $2.70

w17 / b2: Crows v Hawks total game points less than 170.5

bet: $30
    odds: $1.88

bets placed 2:00pm aest

(half) good luck to all punters out there.

20. Crafty Yarni

week 17 / bet 3: Bulldogs 1-39

bet: $35
    odds: $3.00

bet placed 2.46 aest

w17 / b4: live bet - cats -83.5

bet: $50
    odds: $1.88

bet placed 2:51pm aest

w17 / b5 wce / swans 2 leg multi

bet: $115