Criticism muchly appreciated!

Discussion in 'RMT' started by Iceman, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Sup guys, here's my team for 2012, however I'm still not 100% convinced with it, criticism is muchly appreciated. Here it is...
    DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Duffield, Ellis, Bugg, Brennan (Morris, Darley)
    MID: Ablett, Mitchell, Fyfe, Rockliff, Wingard, Ledger (Kavanagh, Magner)
    RUCK: Jacobs, Hale (Giles, Redden)
    FWD: Franklin, Pavlich, Martin, Gray, Dangerfield, Porplyzia, Pfeiffer (Kerridge, Hall)

Don't have much left over, around 25k only. Want to change Kavanagh but not sure who and possibly Pav. Also undecided whether to go with Birchall or Broughton, Birchall for the moment since Duffield is already there.
    Also the possiblity of a mid downgrade to make way for a prem defender.

Thanks guys!

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Not a bad side srmb7. Lots of PODs and some left field choices that could pay off big. Brennan could be a nice ace if he gets a run (some doubt on that). Fyfe really should be FWD (i.e., you maximise having MIDs in the FWD line because they will score more), but I see you already have FWD stacked with quite a few MIDs. 4 prem defenders is probably enough as DEF is a good spot to make money on rookies. Gutsy RUC choice and may pay well. Bit uncomfortable with Dangermouse and Porps in the same lineup. They are both a gamble and you are gambling twice. Risk exposure. On Kavanagh, wait for teams - Shiel may get a run.

3. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Cheers mate. I'm not sold on dangerfield and porplyzia together as well, as I said, Im still not 100% on the squad as a whole. Thanks.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Brennan and Kavanagh have slim chances of starting in R1. Kavanagh hasn't played in preseason since NAB1.

5. Fedor

Fedor New Member

I'm not too sure on Brennan and Kavanagh. Kavanagh will be a gun one day, but I'm not sure he'll play much this year. As Jason's said, he hasn't had a NAB game yet. I also reckon depsite Pfeiffer's more mature age experience, maybe Devon Smith could be the better pick?
    On trading Pav, I reckon Chapman and Rioli could be good picks. They come with an injury risk, but they are guns, and the new NAB SC stats that got posted show that they have some pretty good point per minute scores.

6. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

The forwards particularly Gray, Dangerfield and Porplyzia make me nervous and I'd prefer more proven performance rather than potential. There's also a strong Crows slant there particularly when you take into account Kerridge. That aside, the first three have promised much and delivered erratically. Gray was a bit more stable last year but he's still all over the shop with his scores. There's no doubting that Dangerfield's a very good player and getting better every year and every year he's talked about as having a break out year, but he doesn't. Porplyzia is also erratic but he also falls into the mid price category so you could be losing valuable dollars there. I could be wrong and time will tell but I'd be trying to break up the reliance on the Crows and spread the love elsewhere. Good luck.