Darraweit Guim Dirigibles

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, May 7, 2012.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

If I could clone him I'd perhaps trade one of him!

• Like Like x 1
  2. chris88

With a hard fought loss to the Vultures, the Blimps' season has ended - unfortunately.

The final round of Hindy votes will be allocated tomorrow - great to see some of our youngsters among the votes again.

In the meantime, the trade table is populated as the Blimps coach looks to continue to list upheaval which contributed to about 3/4 of a stellar season in 2018 (and much improvement in depth and talent).

So - trade table:

I'll be receptive to offers on the following:
    Alex Rance - D
    Darcy Byrne Jones - D
    possibly Brendan Goddard - D in 2019, or D/M
    possibly Marcus Adams - D
    Jack Newnes - M in 2018, M/F in 2019
    Will Hoskin Elliott - M in 2018, F in 2019
    Wylie Buzza R/F
    possibly Charlie Ballard - M/F rookie
    possibly Shane Edwards - M/F
    My first round draft pick (around pick 8 or 9)

I'll be trading for a starting, playing ruckman of quality. Handcuffed ruckmen will be considered. I'll also be trading for a midfielder of quality.

I will consider package deals. I will consider offers commensurate with the talent of those being traded in terms of their point scoring and where this places them in the percentiles of their position/s. And a trade involving a player from one position may see others taken from the trade table to preserve team balance.

I will be approaching teams as well - but this will not occur until the appropriate time. But given how busy I'll be at work and in general for the next 8-10 weeks, I thought I'd get this out and in writing now so that fellow coaches can consider what's on offer and see if they are interested.

Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  3. chris88

A final round-up of the Hindy, with votes from the last round loss to Venus Bay:
    5 - Cogs
    4 - Gunston
    3 - Aliir
    2 - Abbott
    1 - Walters

Overall Hindy:

49 - Coniglio
    27 - Lyons
    24 - Gunston
    23 - Brown, Walters
    21 - Edwards
    20 - Savage
    17 - Caddy
    16 - Goddard
    13 - Rance, May
    8 - Aliir
    7 - Astbury
    5 - Lewis
    4 - Hoskin-Elliott
    2 - Vickers-Willis, Anderson, Abbott
    1 - Jack, Byrne-Jones

A big congratulations to Stephen Coniglio for a much deserved Hindy win following an outstanding season. Great to see Aliir amongst the votes late in the season as well.

• Like Like x 1
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Any chance of Cogs, Gunston and Walters for my first rounder before you go?

Yanno, fire sale and all. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  5. chris88

A big thankyou to everyone for their kind wishes following the Darraweit Guim board's decision to not renew the contract of the coach.

As I said in another thread, it has been great fun. It would be nice to finish the rebuild, but alas that's not going to come to fruition. Hopefully I leave the Blimps in decent enough shape for a return to success in the near future.

In all seriousness, I hesitated over the decision and typed out my 'farewell post' and left it there before hitting the button to post. But I realised I had to because if I didn't do it, the coming three months of general life bedlam were going to make it impossible for me to do a decent job in the lead-up to draft and trade periods.

Since then, that 'bedlam' has multiplied exponentially, so maybe this had to be done.

Thanks for oyur kind wishes. Thanks to those who offered suggestions as to how I could perhaps stay on - to do so is bloody nice (and yes, a couple were tempting I have to say), but once I hit the button and posted in the thread this time round I can't really then just turn around and come back!

I'm going to help Jen do the fixture when the time comes, and will watch the ORFFA with interest.

• Like Like x 3
  6. chris88

:D

7. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Veto :p

• Like Like x 3
  8. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Agreed, not worth a first rounder

• Like Like x 1