Defender Upgrades

Discussion in 'AFL' started by thokash, May 12, 2011.

1. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Like most of us, I already have the trio Goddard/Gibbs/Deledio and are looking at the usual suspects Enright/Adcock/Shaw in for Grimes. I may be looking a bit too much into it, but I had a peek at their upcoming draws and saw a worrying trend for Adcock and Shaw.

http://tooserious.net/player_calc.php?&id=235&pcid=13136&name=Jed%20Adcock

Adcock has already played against his 2nd and 3rd favourite opponent (ave 110+) and his favourite is Collingwood, and it would seem unlikely he hits 119 against them. Apart from GC who he just played, he doesn't average 100+ against any of his other opponents for the whole year! This combined with the possible injury risks and the Drummond factor I'm still undecided on Adcock.

http://tooserious.net/player_calc.php?&id=235&pcid=13136&name=Jed%20Adcock

Similarly, Shaw has played his favourite two teams (and 4th, also plays 2nd again), but look at his upcoming run! These are obviously the teams who have tagged him in the past, it might be a good chance to see how he goes the next 5 games before his 2nd bye, and if he is still scoring well then jump on.

Enright looks the most stable and seems to have a good run of upcoming games, so even though he is set to drop in price I think I might jump on now.

What do people think? Am I thinking about it too much trying to find something that isn't there?

2. Najoman_86

Najoman_86 New Member

Enright after this week could definitely be an option. Rather high BE for the game against the Pies this week (130-odd). Would wait another week for Engright

Shaw was tagged by Ward in the Pies v Bulldogs match the week before last. However, he still managed a solid (premium) score. Could very well mean he now has the ability to overcome a tag. With his very acheiveable BE (80-90)... think Shaw is the better option if you were wanting to get one of these premium defenders in this week

3. whips

whips New Member

All right, I'll buy in.
    In two weeks time, Adcock plays his 3rd least favourite team - NM - where he averages 66.
    These scores are made up of 0 (on debut, scored 42DT but his 0 points SC seem to be included in his average), 97, 149, 48, 6 INJ, 113.
    So if you take out his dubious 0 on debut and the 6 when injured, he has averaged 102. I'd have him in a blink.
    If you're going to look into it that far you may as well go even further.
    I'm sure similar spurious results would occur against other teams and for other players such as Shaw.
    If seriously taking note of these 'trends', why dismiss Adcock's form against Collingwood? They've been Top 4 for a few years now!!

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I am waiting on Enright.

What about Scotland? Not much talk of him, I really like the look of him (after the bye obviously).

5. Markaninos

Markaninos New Member

yeah im probably touching on murphey at this stage and next round assuming my midfield options dont stretch too far beyond me, will make a proper def upgrade (murphey would be a sideways)
    next ill choose between shaw scotland or rawlings, with a high score from rawlings would probably lock him in as the favorite.
    murphey has broke the ton a few times. may not be a top 7 but you never know, hes capable of good scores. burnt me last year badly cant believe im considering him again

6. nibbo22

nibbo22 New Member

any thoughts of getting suckling from the hawks if hes back this week, good ave and ripper price still, just dont no if he can keep it up. Also thinking of going gilbert from the saints showed a bit against the blues and if hes playing off the half backline might get back to hes 2010/2009 form but im waiting for a few high scores before i consider over the next few weeks!

7. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

No deledio no adcock, 17 trades left with 20k in bank, trade out grimes for premium? I'm obviously going to have to downgrade someone....any thoughts?

8. DC

DC Member

Newman having a good season so far..

Cheaper upgrade option...

9. jojo89

jojo89 New Member

Yeh good option thanks DC...Just worried about tigers two byes

10. jibba

jibba Member

Enright for me, Adcock too pricey and risky for me. I'd choose Newman if he didn't have two byes left.