Defenders

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Mar 12, 2015.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I know we've seen a few midfielders hurt in the pre-season, but can anyone remember this number of defenders (or DEF eligible players) going down this early in the year? I don't think I've seen carnage like it. This, as well as the shortage of defenders across the board is going to make the draft very interesting I think.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Defence is my worst line for sure, but that's mostly due to inept list management, I think they are all healthy.

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

my defence has usually been one of my best lines in every season thus far, but yeah, this year I needed to make some moves, mainly due to Guthrie losing his def status. Im fairly happy with my def now, but its defs the oldest line on my list. My starting 4 have an ave age of 28, whereas all three of the other lines ave under 24 for the starters.

4. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Clearly I am missing something stuck up here in the tropics. Indulge me, what defenders of significance have gone down? And why hasn't Ant put them up for auction?

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

In no particular order: Andy Otten, Sam Shaw, Ryan Harwood, Cian Hanley, Andrew Walker, Darcy Moore, Matt Scharenberg, Paul Seedsman, Jason Winderlich, Paul Duffield, Zac Dawson, Jackson Thurlow, Sean Lemmens, Caleb Marchbank, Tim Mohr, Grant Birchall, Jeremy Howe, Nathan Grima, Aaron Mullett, Mason Shaw, Jackson Trengove, Matt Dea, Shane Savage, Alex Johnson, Eric Mackenzie, Zaine Cordy. Some of these guys have minor niggles, but a number of these are anywhere from 3 weeks to a season.A number of these guys are also either important players already listed on teams, or potential draftees. Add this to the lack of D/M options this year, and to a number of former DEF eligible players now being straight mids (Hanley, McVeigh, etc) and there's been a massive loss of talent from up back.

6. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Chris. Haven't heard of half of them. No doubt Zac Dawson being on the list will be a major concern for someone.