Devon Smith

Discussion in 'AFL' started by hawks2008, May 1, 2012.

1. Sless

Sless New Member

Thanks for the advice, Only Carlton players I have are Kruezer and Scotland.

2. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

devo will sing to the tune of 82 pts this week, will get the sit job on B Jibbs, no Carlton player will play defence. Keep.
    (this may or may not happen)

3. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not even looking at downgrades or upgrades until I can make sure I'm fielding a full team with no donuts! Smith has been important as coverage so don't want to go down to Stringer who may not get more games!

4. Benny

Benny New Member

I'm open to the idea of trading him, but it will depend on team selection and how my team structure is looking after that. He won't make any serious money over the next few rounds until his 17 is gone and will more than likely go down in price over the next two weeks.
    If you have the money I'd certainly look at upgrading him. I think his current form suggests he's worth maybe $250-270k which puts him about 40k short of his best but that will take a long time to come.
    He's still a rookie who should play most games so will give you a decent f6/7 until your forward line is fully upgraded.

5. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Was talking to stkildathunda and he was suggesting I could upgrade D. Smith to Jack Riewoldt. Only way is to downgrade a defender either Ellis, Mohr or even Smedts with his low score to Wilkes

6. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Assuming the porpoise isnt named, i might go smith>pfeiffer and then porps>chappy/danger

7. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Not worth trading him imo, a $100k gain from a downgrade isn't worth it, specifically when there are hardly any decent downgrade targets in the forward line. I'm going to hold onto him, hopefully he doesn't wear the vest again, the 17 will cycle out of his average and he'll provide decent backup. Although someone like Shiel has abit more value to gain, I reckon I'll be downgrading him to Horsely so I can upgrade Stanley to a premium forward this week, I don't usually like downgrading cows that still have a bit of value in them but need to start getting some more premiums into the side.

8. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

AngryAnt I like what you are saying as I feel you could be onto something. I might hold onto Shiel and Magner for another week but really think I'll be better off with another Premium in my side. Shiel -----> Horsely and then Stanley to say either Sidebum or Beams a really good opportunity to strengthen the forward line.

9. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

I've changed my line of thinking, but not in terms of D.Smith. I'll be holding onto Shiel aswell as D.Smith and "downgrading" Ablett -> Premium mid, Stanley -> Premium fwd and getting Horsely for Coniglio the week after. Shiel and Magner have money to be made and Ablett out for 3 at least gives us an opportunity for Shiel and Magner to appreciate whilst still getting premiums in. The caveat is whether Ablett will get back and bang out 150s again, making a trade back up to him hard. I'm just outside the top 1000 right now so I reckon it's worth taking that risk.

10. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Interesting school of thought AngryAnt. As much as I cringe of trading Ablett I will be giving him 2 weeks to come good as I'd hate to be left without him when he is scoring the big digits. The midfield is lucky this year with so many stars including rookies who are playing well can cover for Ablett unfortunately thats not the case in the forward line which needs as much help as it can get. I'm leaning to upgrading to Chappy now since his price has come down. Lots to decide on but all in good time.