Diamonds in the rough

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Yamumluvsbigcox, Dec 23, 2011.

1. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

His debut against Geelong was very impressive last year, for memory I think he had 20+ disposals. But at 300k is he really worth it?

2. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Nope. Still rookie-listed also. Nothing to see here, move along please.

3. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

"Essendon has placed duo Scott Gumbleton and Brent Prismall on the club’s long-term injury list." I think this means Brendan Lee or Dell'olio are a good thing for round 1. Monitor NAB.

4. tAdmin

tAdmin Guest

I hear The Crow is TtHD.

5. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Everyone is Hornsy, the thing is it's interesting that only Collingwood seem to be having big injuries.

I suggest it's all about selling papers and the Pies will be very close to full strength come round 1.

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Were you not reading the articles about Morris and Djerrkura's recent injuries then Lucas? Methinks your Collingwood bias is showing through somewhat.

7. Clutties

Clutties New Member

A belated thanks to Jason for the Doggies info re- Moles & Grant. Much appreciated. Now, any Swannies have the goss on Trent Dennis Lane??

8. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but what are peoples thoughts on Brad Dick?

I realise that he is going to dislocate both his shoulders at least twice this season, but at $119k he will rocket up in price if he plays with any of his former form.

9. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

jprock - simply put Dick is a big risk to play. Maybe a decent return (could get into the 330s easily) but I'd suggest Josh Hill is a more likely WCE starter.

Also given the ACL Dick did last season, he might be a late starter so possibly a downgrade option anyway.

10. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Agree with Lucas, I remember reading he was aiming for a round 6 start...not sure if that has been updated recently, that was before christmas.

Swalloitdown - Agree about Dell'olio He looked really good up forward last night for the dons, one of the only shining lights. It will be interesting to see how he goes in the next 2 games and if he gets promoted.

11. jprockbelly

jprockbelly New Member

Thanks fellas, will keep an eye out near round 6 then :)