Dog's Best Buys - The Chad Special.

Discussion in 'Blog' started by IsBillyThere, Jul 23, 2008.

By IsBillyThere on Jul 23, 2008 at 10:00 AM
  1. IsBillyThere

IsBillyThere New Member

The first time I have ever had a special Best Buys but basically I will look how much your going to get for a star that is out for the season (this case Chadwick) and see which are the best pick-ups depending on your kitty balance.

<!--more-->
    Chad Cornes: $381,800.

Kitty Balance: Nil.
    Its safe to say your f**ked. Chad actually having the highest average in this price range, so it is a downgrade at best. Even rookies like Harry Taylor are too expensive, so maybe downgrade Chad to a rookie and play Taylor if you have him on your bench. So look at names like Josh Head and Eric MacKenzie. Grant Birchall ($365k) is the best name that stands out but he hasnt really carried on the form he had at the end of last year and somethings even getting some close attention. The Church is well worth a look averaging 83 if your one of these poor bastards. Youll need about $3,000 but Guerra is another bloke around Chads price tag, averaging about 80. Kennelly is also in the mix, but miles to injury-prone for me. Then its all full-on key defenders.

In short: Birchall.

Kitty Balance: Under $50,000
    Easy, dont have Shaw? Get him. Averages 90-odd and is $417k. Got Shaw? It gets dry. Look at Symes, back from injury and scoring 114s, just under $400k. Wirrpunda having a super season, averaging 90 and The Punda is only worth $409k. Craig Bolton ($414k) is in AA form, but he is no fantasy player although he has topped the 100 mark four times this year so is worth a peak.

In short: Shaw, then just go back to Birchall.

Kitty Balance: Under $100,000
    Now we are talking. The Boner is my choice out of this bunch, but his aging body might be getting tired, failing to hit 100 for three weeks, which he hasnt done all year. Johncock at $441k is well worth getting up and about over. Jarrad Waite is a close 2nd, having the season of his life in fantasy term, averaging 95 and is worth $471k. And, Im giving bronze to Marty Mattner ($451k) has slotted into the swans nicely and has served my team very well this season with an average of 94. By boy BOCKY! is superstar, but everyone should have him in there team already cause he is a legend. Special mentions: The Drum and the two forwards in Bradshaw and Roughnut.

In short: Bock Choy, but Waite theres more in Marty and Stiff.&nbsp;

Kitty Balance: Under $150,000
    Cmon, now your getting greedy. Darren Milburn who was very cheap early in the season is now worth $516k is pulling out 19 touches per quarter and 94 points. Ill take that. Our SuperCoach legends (Lucas) favourite is Chris Newman ($502k) from the tigers, him and Bowden rival some of the great fantasy backline combos in Bock/Stiffy and Fisher/Goddard, putting on an average of 98. Daniel Pratt is $5,000 short of the previous group but he currently averaging the most of any backmen but he still seem risky. Sam Fisher is under $500k and keeps getting nice scores. Gilbee has now found some form, averaging around 96. Never misses a target by foot. Goddard is another bloke well worth looking at.

In short: Take your pick.

Kitty Balance: $150,000+
    Why waste the extra quid? Refer back to 'Kitty Balance: Under $150,000'... Bowden is the only one that doesnt make the other group and hes not worth it with a BE of 199.

All wrapped in short: Bock, Bock, Bocky.

Want to upgrade in the mids or up forward? Do the research ya self, you lazy shit.

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by IsBillyThere, Jul 23, 2008.